ob shelf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shorrin

the ninth doctor
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have hints for the OB shelf? I'm reading beckman and have pre-test questions.

Members don't see this ad.

ob is a very focused field and their scope of practice is pretty limited. this means the shelf if much easier than medicine or surgery. do pretest and you should be ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the ob-gyn questions in nms step 2 and the blueprints q&a were good. For some reason I'm not a big fan of pretest but I'm sure those are great too.

:) kem

be careful with pretest. It has at least 7-8 wrong answers when I used it several years ago. I dont know if they corrected them yet (if they have a new recent edition, I hope they have), so make sure you double check all the answers if you do use pretest. I used to have the question numbers along with the real correct answers written down, but I have since lost that information. I would stick with blueprints and nms.

Global Disrobal said:
Pre-test and Blue Prints for Shelf

Beckmann for Sub-I

My $0.02

Good Luck!

Read Beckmann's during the last 3 weeks of the rotation and then did Pretest. Shelf raw score = mid 90's.
Goodluck

Hey TulaneKid, you read Beckmann in 3 weeks? Bless your heart... I couldn't do that if I was living at Starbucks with a Coffee infusion.

Pretest does have alot of problems, so you do need to look out for them. Its the same deal as Surgical Recall and Buzzwords for Step 1. For all of these, you can do a search on-line and find a site that will have the corrections for each book. The link I used when I was a student is down now, else I would pass it down.

I do however think that Beckmann is overkill for a 3rd year and that more time should be spent in L&D delivering, clinic doing gyn and follow up OB stuff and learning "on the job." This however can be dead wrong if your shelf is malignant :D

Good Luck!