OB/Gyn Preliminary PGY-1 positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bazega

Resident
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of programs that have OB/Gyn Preliminary positions?

Members don't see this ad.

UCLA, Yale, Albert Einstein. UCLA and Einstein do not become available until after the match. The Yale spot is reserved for IMGs. There are probably more but those are the ones I know of.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the responses - talked with the program director for OB/Gyn here and he stated I could get up to 6 months credit in OB/Gyn for my four years of general surgery. That would be excellent. He seemed to think I should try for a spot that somebody dropped out of mid-year - that I would be the perfect candidate since I could have credit for my time. No positions posted on CREOG at this time, does anyone know typically when these start coming available, or locations that have seemed to have spots open up? He also said not to shy away from programs on probation - looking at the list there are a few. Any advice?

UCLA, Yale, Albert Einstein. UCLA and Einstein do not become available until after the match. The Yale spot is reserved for IMGs. There are probably more but those are the ones I know of.

A classmate of mine did the Yale prelim last year (not IMG). So I don't think they only reserve it for IMGs. Phoenix at the Maricopa/St. Joe's program also has a prelim spot.

as a graduate of a US med school, what would be some of the reasons one would do an OBGYN prelim? (besides the case of the OP)

Anyone know why UCLA's prelim spots didn't fill the past few (at least 2) years? Anything "wrong" with the prelim spots there? Asking because the other prelim spots, mostly on the east coast, have filled in the past, but not UCLA despite the location.

1. Flushing Hospital. New York
2. Methodist Hospital. New York
3. Maricopa Medical Center/St. Joes. Phoenix

bump.

i would like to know as well

Anyone know why UCLA's prelim spots didn't fill the past few (at least 2) years? Anything "wrong" with the prelim spots there? Asking because the other prelim spots, mostly on the east coast, have filled in the past, but not UCLA despite the location.