OAT score

melucla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took it last week, I was very surprised to get my score, my goal had been a 350, but I was doubting I could get that even. i was getting like a 330 on practice.

QR 380
RC 370
Bio 360
GC 340
OC 390
Phy 380
TS 380
AA 370

I studied everyday for the past 6 weeks, using my kaplan OAT book, and topscore/achiever/official practice OAT for practice. Also, princeton MCAT for some bio stuff I thought wasn't very good in Kaplan's. I started the Kaplan course way back in april, but I didn't really keep up or have time to study since I was in school until late June. So I would say I didn't study that much for it besides the past 6 weeks, when I studied intensely. I don't recommend the course, but they do give a lot of online practice tests to you. I didn't do even half of em, and they're mostly scanned pdfs, not the actual test format, so I think you'd be fine just getting topscore or some other practice tests.

My scores on the practices were somewhat different than what I got on the OAT. I don't konw if i got lucky or what, but I was scoring maybe 50 points lower in physics, O chem practice. Also, I was scoring maybe 20 points higher on my bio and g chem on the practice, but got lower on the OAT. so my scores sort of got flipped around. The physics and o chem were way easier on my OAT than on any of the practices I took. Kaplan and Achiever are especially hard. But it's good practice. Topscore and the official practice are good indicators of the level of difficulty on the OAT, IMO.

The Bio was a coin toss, there really is so much to study and I was asked ridiculous questions on the OAT, like how old the earth is (4.5 billion yrs). I didn't get a single Q on hormones or excretory system or other things I think are more important. So study as much as you can for that, and study anything you can! you never know.

one more thing- I took the DAT a week prior to the OAT, I was going to apply to dental school but decided against it later, but didn't want to forfeit all the $ I put in to register, so I took it as a practice for OAT. I didn't do too well, and found the Ochem and QC to be significantly harder than the OAT. Weird huh?

Members don't see this ad.