OAT score 7/7/08

jvelos3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps,

I took the OAT yesterday monday 7/7/08 and I am so ecstatic with my scores...

score: percentile:
QR: 400 100
RC: 360 69.4
BIO: 380 97.7
GC: 340 82.5
OC: 380 93.5
PHY: 390 99.5
TS: 390 98.3
AA: 380 99.5

I am soooo happy right now! it actually hasnt set it yet! but a couple of questions...how did I get a TS of 390 when only physics was 390 and the rest of the sciences were 380, 380, and 340? Also, how is an RC of 360 only 69.4 percentile???...from what I have seen this is the section people score lowest in.

But yeah I am so happy! all the long days of studying paid off!!

Members don't see this ad.

How did you study? What material did you use? Any suggestions on the physics section?

That's fantastic... GREAT scores! What materials did you use to study, and did you take a class?

congrats!!! how were you scoring on ur practice tests a monthish before your exam?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took a kaplan course and used the OAT destroyer. In my opinion I don't think the OAT destroyer was that helpful...the questions on them are too difficult and nothing like the real thing. The Kaplan Course helped out a lot. A lot of the review material is on the test and it really helps in keeping people on track.

For the physics section...what I found most helpful was my old text book. I went over the chapter summaries a couple of times.

As for practice tests...in the kaplan diagnostic test I got an AA of 320. Then in the mid term I got an AA of 340. About a month before hand I was getting about a 350.

Oh and as for practice tests...the one on the optometry website is the most accurate.

Congrats to you too! I wonder if we took the same test.... Anyways, great job!! :)

Where do you want to go to school???

I want to go to either ICO, SUNY, or NOVA.
ICO because it's near home.
SUNY because it's in NY.
NOVA because it's in sunny florida.
:)

so has what has everyone been getting percentile wise on the RC? I would have thought an RC of 360 would be higher than 69 percentile...

so has what has everyone been getting percentile wise on the RC? I would have thought an RC of 360 would be higher than 69 percentile...

I got a RC 340 and it was only the 52.5 percentile!?!?!!!! The good news is that the percentile is reported to the schools, so I'm happy with it even though my pride would like the percentile to be higher.:cool: