OAT Done on 8/17/07!

sweetie02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty pleased with my OAT scores. Some of you did ridiculously well, but I still feel confident about mine.

Quan. Reas: 370
Read. Comp: 400
Biology: 350
Gen. Chem: 340
Organic Chem: 350
Physics: 330
Total Science: 350
Academic Average: 360

I knew I would have the most problems on the physics section. I had a lot of equations memorized that I didn't need to. They asked more conceptual questions. Also, I should have done better on the Bio section as I was scoring way higher on my practice tests. They asked really different questions. I don't think I got one question on the germ layers, circulatory system, or hormones. I'm not sure what to tell you to study for it!

I aced the Reading Comprehension. In my opinion, don't read the entire passage, just skim through it to find the answers to your questions and remember the location of the material in the reading. I thought it was very easy and most of the questions were straight forward, but that's me!

I used the Kaplan Big Purple OAT book and the Kaplan Lesson Book. I have been studying for the past three months, just studying no work or school. The equations sheets from Prep 101 Your Competitive Edge were very helpful!

Well I hope that I get in! I have an overall GPA of 3.56 with a double major in Biology and Chemistry and with my scores above and about 25 hrs shadowing experience. I'm thinking I will get in since my GPA and OAT scores are about the schools average for last years class, but who knows! Any other advice is welcomed!

Members don't see this ad.

Good job! I got the same TS and AA scores as you, just reversed... a lot of people have been getting really high scores so either only the people with high scores are posting, or everyone really is doing that well!

don't be ashamed to post your scores, everyone! We're all here to support each other :luck:

congrats sweetie02!...i got the reverse of ur scores also....u did well and u should be celebrating!!!!!!!!!!