QR: 360
RC: 400
Bio: 350
Chem: 360
OChem: 400
Phys: 370
TS: 380
AA: 370

Im pretty happy with my scores...wait im extremely happy with my scores...except bio...I thought I should have done better but the focus of the questions were not what I was expecting

When studying for the Bio section I focused alot on physiology and all the different systems in the body, however I did not get many of these types of questions.

There was one question to identifying an organasim from a picture of an organelle which I had no clue on

Physics section had a couple questions regarding angular kinematics which I didnt really study (and the last time I took physics was close to 4 years ago) so i pretty much just made an educated guess

OC was pretty simple and straight forward...I memorized all reagents and reactions but didnt come accross many on the exam (I think 2 questions asked the product of the reaction)

GChem was pretty straight forward

the QR section had ALOT of inequalities which was pretty suprising to me because in my practice tests for those I didnt get that many of those types of questions

I studied for roughly 2 months (6hours a day on average I would guess), and used the big Kaplan OAT book, along with the small purple book with practice questions, Topscore and Kaplan Subject tests

Members don't see this ad.

Wow great scores! congratulations to you ! was it difficult for you to stay focused for six hours everyday? how did you keep focused? did you have other things going on (ie work, schoo)?

Wow great scores! congratulations to you ! was it difficult for you to stay focused for six hours everyday? how did you keep focused? did you have other things going on (ie work, schoo)?

I wasnt going to school or work, I decided to concentrate solely on studying for the OAT

I took frequent breaks which helped me keep my mind fresh...also lots of practice questions that helps break up the flow of constant studying

I also switched subjects often so as not to get too bored with one subject

those are amazing scores, congratulations!!! where are u planning to go next year? also, about the gchem, were there many calculations? and what was ur approach to the RC? were the questions straight out of the passage?sorry for the crazy questions im just so nervous to take mine! thanks...

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on your scores! your hard work has paid off. I was wondering if there were a lot of questions on the bio section that was not covered in the kaplan blue book?? i have been focusing on the kaplan material almost exclusively (and doing some destroyer here and there).. and I am getting scared that there will be some things on the bio section that wasn't covered in their blue book. thank you!

congrats on your scores! i just wrote the OAT tonight too. lol i think we wrote the same test.

i got pretty much the same numbers you did, but in different categories. so i'm happy too!

i also i used the small kaplan OAT book, and must say that i found the level of difficulty to be a lot higher than the actual OAT. so much so that i would say that the practice tests weren't representative of the actual oat.

those are amazing scores, congratulations!!! where are u planning to go next year? also, about the gchem, were there many calculations? and what was ur approach to the RC? were the questions straight out of the passage?sorry for the crazy questions im just so nervous to take mine! thanks...

I am applying to 5 schools next year, my GPA isnt the greatest (pre req 3.0, overall 3.3)
I will be applying to PCO, NECO, SUNY, Waterloo and one other school that I havent picked yet

GChem didnt have too many caclulcations...there were a few ideal gas calculations..no thermodynamics I dont think, some titration questions, percent composition, percent yield

I found RC pretty straight forward, the way I approached it was to read the question then find the answer in the passage. All of the questions were pretty much straight from the passage I think

congrats on your scores! your hard work has paid off. I was wondering if there were a lot of questions on the bio section that was not covered in the kaplan blue book?? i have been focusing on the kaplan material almost exclusively (and doing some destroyer here and there).. and I am getting scared that there will be some things on the bio section that wasn't covered in their blue book. thank you!

I dont think the blue book was all that representative, they had many more questions on hormones etc were as I barely saw any of that on the exam

I would suggest you go through the topics in the examinee guide and just brush up on anything you are not familiar with..thats what I would have done if I had to do it again

Biology: Cell and Molecular Biology – origin of life; cell metabolism (including photosynthesis); enzymology; cellular processes; thermodynamics; organelle structure and function; mitosis/meiosis, cell structure, and experimental cell biology; Diversity of Life: Biological Organization and Relationship of Major Taxa (monera, plantae, animalia, protista, fungi, etc.)- using the five-kingdom system; Vertebrate Anatomy and Physiology: Structure and function of Systems- integumentary, skeletal, muscular, circulatory, immunological, digestive, respiratory, urinary, nervous/senses, endocrine, and reproductive; Developmental Biology - fertilization, descriptive embryology, developmental mechanics, and experimental embryology; Genetics – molecular genetics, human genetics, classical genetics, chromosomal genetics, and genetic technology; Evolution, Ecology, and Behavior - natural selection, population genetics/speciation, cladistics, population and community ecology, ecosystems, animal behavior (including social behavior).
General

nameht,
were there any question in physics where you had to memorize the constants. example: 1.6 X10^-19. Did you have to do calculations with constants? I have difficulties calculating exponent values. Also did you memorize like a million equations and formulas for physics? Did memorizing help you?

For biology, are most of questions referring to humans and mammals? Do we need to know about other organisms and plants like their circulation and digestion?

nameht,
were there any question in physics where you had to memorize the constants. example: 1.6 X10^-19. Did you have to do calculations with constants? I have difficulties calculating exponent values. Also did you memorize like a million equations and formulas for physics? Did memorizing help you?

For biology, are most of questions referring to humans and mammals? Do we need to know about other organisms and plants like their circulation and digestion?

Didnt need to memorize any constants...if you needed to use a constant (such as R) they gave it to you. There were a few questions that I can recall where the threw exponents at you so you should brush up on that

I tried to memorize most of the equations...they didnt help that much though...however a couple did...make sure you know the SI units for different quantities...such as electric field, magnetic field etc..i think there were 2 or 3 questions that just asked for the units

for bio...I dont really remember any more...im pretty sure there wasnt any questions on other organisms but I think there were a couple on plants if im not mistaken

Guys, please do not post actual OAT questions. You can discuss the test in general, but please.. no quoting questions.

Thanks guys ! And, congrats on your great scores guys you're kicking bootie! :D