OAT achiever vs. actual

lilharm15

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how well OAT achiever scores correlate with the actual test.

I was hoping people could post here their OAT achiever scores vs. their real scores.

Or, if you took any other practice tests, name them and then provide your real score.

Members don't see this ad.

Alrigt... ill tell you guys my OAT experience since i was very worried about the OAT. The materials that i used for the OAT were the kaplan book (not the fat one) and the OAT achiever. I also checked about a few AP and GRE books for the sciences and slightly reviewed my old text books. I was taking only one online class for summer A (our college summers iare divided into halfs, A and B), but the main goal for those 6 weeks was to study for OAT. I felt like i didnt study hard at all... i found my self staring at the wall alot because studying got so damn boring. Anyway my scores for the OAT achiever and the actual scores i got were:

practice test 1 2 3 actual
AA 290 290 290 350
PHY 260 240 260 400
QR 300 310 330 400
RC 350 330 360 310
Bio 280 310 260 330
GC 310 280 280 330
OC 330 330 300 350
TS 310 310 280 360

I think the most important thing is to do as many practice tests as possible (OAT achiever is well worth 50 dollars) and review the answers on the practice test. Chances are you will study too much bc some of the crap I studied for were not even remotly on the test. During the test I was getting very anxious not only from sitting there for 5 hours but i though i was doing bad, but it turned out alright. Just keep on doing as well as you can and you will be fine. Physics was not as hard as i thought it would be... OAT achiever really makes it too hard. Qualatative reasoning was okay. Bio, gen chem, and orgo were okay also...

And make sure you only have to take this test once, bc if i had to take it again, I prob would have put no effort into it... 5 hours in one place it too much.

Okay i hope this helped some of you guys... and thanks to everyone that posted their experiences before... it helped me alot

Yea guys, I just took my oats today. OAT achiever got me kinda down when i was making below 300 on the bio and physics sections. I did all three mock science and physics, and didnt really do the other sections, but I ended up with a ts and aa of 340. I'm pretty happy with it seeing as it was my first time and i did some major crammaging. Wish i could have boosted my physics and bio up though on the real test. My physics and bio were 310 on the real oats compared to <300 on the OAT achiever. Good luck to all you guys that are applying this year!

Good job, Richard and AV. It's great to learn that OAT Achiever has helped you guys out with the OAT.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just purchased the OAT achiever because I'm worried about my exam next week...my scores are as follows:
Physics: 280
QR: 390
RC: 330
Biology: 260
Gen Chem: 310
Organic: 330
TS: 300
AA: 310

Has anyone ever done worse on the real thing compared to OAT achiever?
I'm mainly worried about the biology section, because all I did was guess on this test, and any other test because I haven't taken any bio classes yet, so I had no idea what to do. Any suggestions? Thanks!

"I'm mainly worried about the biology section, because all I did was guess on this test, and any other test because I haven't taken any bio classes yet, so I had no idea what to do. Any suggestions?"

I honestly would suggest taking the OAT at a later date. When are you taking bio classes? This is just my opinion but the OAT is an exam that you only want to take once . . . and you want a fantastic score the first time you take it. DON'T take the exam until you are READY!

"I'm mainly worried about the biology section, because all I did was guess on this test, and any other test because I haven't taken any bio classes yet, so I had no idea what to do. Any suggestions?"

I honestly would suggest taking the OAT at a later date. When are you taking bio classes? This is just my opinion but the OAT is an exam that you only want to take once . . . and you want a fantastic score the first time you take it. DON'T take the exam until you are READY!

it's not that i can't do well on the biology section, but I am not taking the pre requisites until next semester and summer. I want to apply for the 2009 entry class, which is why i need the OAT scores now so I have a better chance for admission. If i can get 300 and let them know that my score is low compared to my others because i havent taken the courses, i'm hoping they will understand.