NYUCD Interviews and acceptances.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For international students
what type of interest rate are more favorable: fixed or variable?
What should we fill in Loan Amount(aggregate for three years both for room ,expenses plus tuition fee)?

Anyone applied for loan yet....

with fixed you will get an interest of around 6-7% depending on market..with variable you may have a chance of getting as low as 3.65% depending on co signer and market.

in loan amount you will fill in just for the 1st year. you have to apply for a loan every year.

Members don't see this ad.

with fixed you will get an interest of around 6-7% depending on market..with variable you may have a chance of getting as low as 3.65% depending on co signer and market.

in loan amount you will fill in just for the 1st year. you have to apply for a loan every year.

Thanks appu09

Even i heard the same thing about getting waitlisted inspite of having a great interview regarding all personal stuff etc...we really dont know what they are taking as an acceptance criteria..I still wish everyone all the best...

Members don't see this ad :)
can anybody temme how to increase the chances of admission into the advance standing dds program in any of the unis?

is there anybody who got iv or accepted in nyu with part 1 pass and Dat score? or i am the alone. what the hell man. worst feeling of my life.

is there anybody who got iv or accepted in nyu with part 1 pass and Dat score? or i am the alone. what the hell man. worst feeling of my life.

I had heard there were a few ppl who had given dat and had part 1 pass and were excepted..dont remember the names though..my interviewer had also mentioned that there were quiet a no of ppl who had given DAT on the day i was interviewing..was kind of surprising for me to hear that as i had not imagined many ppl would give it just for nyu but to my surprise i was wrong..they had given inspite of having part 1 scores also...

I had heard there were a few ppl who had given dat and had part 1 pass and were excepted..dont remember the names though..my interviewer had also mentioned that there were quiet a no of ppl who had given DAT on the day i was interviewing..was kind of surprising for me to hear that as i had not imagined many ppl would give it just for nyu but to my surprise i was wrong..they had given inspite of having part 1 scores also...

do u know anyone below 100 toefl score got acceptence?

hey which batch u wer in ,and can u tell hw many students wer thr in ur batch

Members don't see this ad :)
I think she was in 31st batch...congrats aiming high..u were among the few ppl i actually followed during my sdn journey..congrats and hope to see u soon in nyu

i knw that they have accepted ppl with dat and part 1 score but probably none of those who have part 1 pass (no score) and dat. then the que is why the hell they asked us to appear in dat, useless, wasted so much time behind it.

Does anybody knows if NYU sends either acceptance or waitlisted letter to all 14 candidates interviewed on one day ? Or some candidates just dont get anything ? Any inputs guys .... Thanks in advance .

does anyone knows waitlisted people get acceptence? what are the chances?

Well I asked some students from prior batches,they said that don't lose hope, sometimes they can even call in march, but many times closer to date of start of classes. Just have deposit and first fee ready to send because there may not be enough time given.
With nyucd even til last minute some have issues with visa or loans or get into different programs and drop the seat.

There are threads from previous year waitlists, I don't think one has been created for this cycle.

Well I asked some students from prior batches,they said that don't lose hope, sometimes they can even call in march, but many times closer to date of start of classes. Just have deposit and first fee ready to send because there may not be enough time given.
With nyucd even til last minute some have issues with visa or loans or get into different programs and drop the seat.

I agree with u but I think this year is little different, Due to the pass/ fail change since 2012 people who got high scores on part 1 &2 are the same as those who passed the exams after 2012. Now people try their best to enter dental schools and there I wonder what criteria can help programs to evaluate people. I think this year only a few people may drop because most of us have numerical score and will try to use this as an advantage.

those who all interviewed but dont get acceptence are all waillisted or only the selected onces are waitlisted? is there anyone who didnt get either acceptence or waitlisted letter?

There are some ppl who have been accepted who have a pass and wrote DAT. I know ppl are more determined to get in. But just have hope because some ppl have visa and loan issues or they might get accepted elsewhere. Anything is possible.

Got accepted. I am from Jan 31st batch. All the best for everyone.

Last edited:
those who all interviewed but dont get acceptence are all waillisted or only the selected onces are waitlisted? is there anyone who didnt get either acceptence or waitlisted letter?

Yes.. All those interviewed but nt accepted are wait listed.

is there any hope for waitlisted people?? everyone says that i have wait but how long i have to wait,, ?? is there any chance of getting accepted ??/ when they are going to make the final decision?

Has there been anymore interview invites or acceptances this week???

U won't know for sure until first day of classes. That's what I was told. So best to keep applying elsewhere same time. Some ppl who get accepted elsewhere might drop the seat ..... But might not also. So no point to stress.

Anybody got interview INVITE this week so far? Are the March dates being mentioned in the invites yet?

do u have any idea how many total they interview and how many are waitlisted

Well abt 50% I guess.. It depends on d total number of applications received n thn filtered candidates r called for d interview based on their credentials, then d best are chosen first, rest r waitlisted...
I know it's a maze.. Just be patient.. Keep calling at d office..
Good luck :)

Any new interviews sent this week...kindly reply to all those who got an iv..
are March dates mentioned.
Even 1 reply will make a lot of difference for the people who are waiting for an iv invite.

Hi,
I got an interview date in march. They gave me different dates to chose.

Hey TASPA did you get the e-mail tod...

Please share your stats TASPA!!!!

Part1- 82
Toefl- 96
gpa 3.72
masters-3.75
I know its easy to say trust me you'll definitely get the IV email...Trust in lord.

Part1- 82
Toefl- 96
gpa 3.72
masters-3.75
I know its easy to say trust me you'll definitely get the IV email...Trust in lord.
Hello TASPA:

Thank you so much for the reply. I have similar stats, except Masters. Thank you so much for the encouragement. Going through a lot of stress these days. just need 1 call.

bunch of letters has been mailed yesterday, so who all are waiting all the best for banana dance next week. dont ask me questions, i am telling this is to relieve some tension who are waiting for their iv results.

bunch of letters has been mailed yesterday, so who all are waiting all the best for banana dance next week. dont ask me questions, i am telling this is to relieve some tension who are waiting for their iv results.

how many days does it usually take to get your IV results, do you have any idea? sorry to ask you this question?:)

how many days does it usually take to get your IV results, do you have any idea? sorry to ask you this question?:)
mara told us that she will let us know in two weeks. and exactly after two weeks we got our results. it depends on batch some batch decision are taken early and some batch late, i dont know what is the reason.
she will tell u on the day of ur iv that when she will inform about ur iv result.

do CE (continuing education) courses make ur application stronger? or are they just useless?