Notification date: 1/4
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: OOS - MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/30
Application complete date: 11/2
GPA (science, overall):
sGPA: 3.93, cGPA: 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 23 TS, 20 PAT, 24 RC, no sections below 17
Method of interview: (1/20) virtual

Members don't see this ad.

Interview #1
Notification date: 1/4
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: OOS - MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/30
Application complete date: 11/2
GPA (science, overall):
sGPA: 3.93, cGPA: 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 23 TS, 20 PAT, 24 RC, no sections below 17
Method of interview: (1/20) virtual
Congrats! Was 1/20 the earliest date given? Or were there dates before 1/20 as well. Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an interview invite and there's a supplement question of "Why NYU"... Do I just restate what I wrote in the primary application for that question? The two questions are worded differently but basically ask the same thing so I'm a bit confused.

I just received an interview invite and there's a supplement question of "Why NYU"... Do I just restate what I wrote in the primary application for that question? The two questions are worded differently but basically ask the same thing so I'm a bit confused.
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you applied?

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you applied?
Interview #1
Notification date:
1/3
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 11/7
Application complete date: 11/7
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.80, cGPA: 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24 AA, 22 TS, 22 PAT, 24 RC, no sections below 17
Method of interview: (1/12) virtual

That’s essentially what I did. Was accepted, basically restated the same things using less words.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it a bad sign if I haven't gotten an interview invite yet..?
I applied again this time. (2nd time applying)

Is it a bad sign if I haven't gotten an interview invite yet..?
I applied again this time. (2nd time applying)
I’m in the same exact position as you. Hoping for the best for us 💓

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone receive an email from NYU stating that the application is still under review? Does it mean I will not get interviewed anytime soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive an email from NYU stating that the application is still under review? Does it mean I will not get interviewed anytime soon?
Yup I received This as well! I hope they send out interviews invites soon 😭😭💓💓

If you still haven’t received an interview invite, there’s still plenty of time. I got an invite in early April last cycle and was accepted. If there are any updates to your application (more shadowing hours, new grades, new awards, promotion at work, etc.), send NYU updates! They love them and I feel that’s what got me an invite late in the cycle. I sent one in January and another in March.

Reactions: 2 users
I got it too! I hope we all get an interview eventually! 🙏

I got that too

It probably was a mass email to everyone who haven’t been rejected it.

all i received was an email saying my application still remains with the committee

Should I be concerned if I didn't receive this email? My stats should be high enough though.

Should I be concerned if I didn't receive this email? My stats should be high enough though.
No don’t be concerned ! I got this email last year and still got rejected. They send them out in batches

They interview pretty late, just be patient. What have you done to improve your app from last cycle?
definitely boosted my gpa this semester and more shadowing hours since I work at a dental practice
dat isn't that high though... it's just avg

If NYU Dental is so expensive, why do people choose to go there? (just curious, nothing against the school)
NYU student here. Most people I know got accepted into multiple schools (including myself) but still chose NYU. In the end, it was the HUGE patient base, the diversity of the class, the clinical competence of the graduating students, the large class size (makes it easy to socialize and make friends), the resources, the high reputation of NYU, the research opportunities and Manhattan itself that attracted me to the school. Was it the financially wisest decision? Definitely not. Do I regret choosing NYU? Not a single bit! Life is good :cool: (until you take one of Dr. Stefan's courses lol)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
NYU student here. Most people I know got accepted into multiple schools (including myself) but still chose NYU. In the end, it was the HUGE patient base, the diversity of the class, the clinical competence of the graduating students, the large class size (makes it easy to socialize and make friends), the resources, the high reputation of NYU, the research opportunities and Manhattan itself that attracted me to the school. Was it the financially wisest decision? Definitely not. Do I regret choosing NYU? Not a single bit! Life is good :cool: (until you take one of Dr. Stefan's courses lol)
Glad to hear that! It definitely sounds like an excellent program. From what you know, is it difficult to pay off the 600k-700k+ in loans? Like do graduating dentists have a tough time right out of dental school? I'm just a little worried and I think the cost is the only thing that's really bumming me out about the school

Glad to hear that! It definitely sounds like an excellent program. From what you know, is it difficult to pay off the 600k-700k+ in loans? Like do graduating dentists have a tough time right out of dental school? I'm just a little worried and I think the cost is the only thing that's really bumming me out about the school
You can use online calculators to see how much you’ll owe monthly, example, graduating from UMN with 375k in loans at 7.2% interest rate with 120 month loan has the repayment at about $5000-$6000 a month. Now double that for NYU. You’ll be paying 5000-6000 for the 20 year loan. It will be difficult but it’s possible if you work your butt off and grind after graduation. My dentist went to NYU, owed about 550 and is on another 11 Years for his loan.

You can use online calculators to see how much you’ll owe monthly, example, graduating from UMN with 375k in loans at 7.2% interest rate with 120 month loan has the repayment at about $5000-$6000 a month. Now double that for NYU. You’ll be paying 5000-6000 for the 20 year loan. It will be difficult but it’s possible if you work your butt off and grind after graduation. My dentist went to NYU, owed about 550 and is on another 11 Years for his loan.
is he still living comfortably?

Did anyone who received the email that your app is still under review, receive an interview after that yet?

It’s a prerequisite check so make sure to go, but it’s very informal
Thank you so much for your quick reply! Is it usually decided in an interview with the faculty whether you are accepted or not? I had a good conversation in the interview with the faculty. Thank you once again!

Did anyone who received the email that your app is still under review, receive an interview after that yet?
Yes. I received the email on 11th and was invited for interview on 16th. The latest day for the interview is Jan 27th.

Yes. I received the email on 11th and was invited for interview on 16th. The latest day for the interview is Jan 27th.
Congrats!! Hope your interview goes well and thank you for letting Me know

I got the app under review email on jan 11 and just got interview invite today. I dont think i will pursue it because ive been accepted elsewhere

Reactions: 3 users