NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

when did u guys interviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
my portal looks weird now. " Thank you interviewing" is gone lol why are they playing with my feelings

Just got a notification to go into NYU website portal. I got in!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
You're invited to my new group 'NYU DDS 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Congrats again!
Feel free to join the gc. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Reactions: 1 user
Acceptance #3
Notification date:
12/15
Method of notification:
Email and status update in portal
Residency:
OOS - MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15
Application complete date: 6/22
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.72, oGPA:3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21 TS, 22 PAT, 23 RC, no sections below 17

I'm still waiting on another school but I'll join you guys when NYU ends up being my final choice. Congrats, everyone!

D4 at NYU.

Feel free to ask questions.
Hi!!! I am planning to apply to NYU. I have some questions about school) Could you please share how strong practical aspects in school? I heard that students fight for patients, is that true? What about equipment is it up to date?And lastly, do you think they link well enough overall health with teeth? Some schools in my country only oriented to fix and drill teeth, I want to learn comprehensive approach. Like Sleep disorders, cancer, etc. I would appreciate your responses!Thank you! And good luck with your finals!

Hi!!! I am planning to apply to NYU. I have some questions about school) Could you please share how strong practical aspects in school? I heard that students fight for patients, is that true? What about equipment is it up to date?And lastly, do you think they link well enough overall health with teeth? Some schools in my country only oriented to fix and drill teeth, I want to learn comprehensive approach. Like Sleep disorders, cancer, etc. I would appreciate your responses!Thank you! And good luck with your finals!

There are too many patients. There is no need to fight for them, unless, you are a poS and want more than what you deserve.

Equipments are absolutely **** and we are out of them many times, at least in my clinic. I have to get them from other floors.

For your last question, too much.

There are too many patients. There is no need to fight for them, unless, you are a poS and want more than what you deserve.

Equipments are absolutely **** and we are out of them many times, at least in my clinic. I have to get them from other floors.

Do you live in the city? Where do most students live?

If NYU Dental is so expensive, why do people choose to go there? (just curious, nothing against the school)

If NYU Dental is so expensive, why do people choose to go there? (just curious, nothing against the school)
Usually, It may be the only school that accepts them...so it's either attend or reapply again with no guarantee of acceptance

Or some may really want to live in NYC, I thought about it, but it's too expensive to justify that experience. I'll just take a vacation instead.

Usually, It may be the only school that accepts them...so it's either attend or reapply again with no guarantee of acceptance

Or some may really want to live in NYC, I thought about it, but it's too expensive to justify that experience. I'll just take a vacation instead.
Err... I don't know about "usually", but with NYUs higher acceptance rate, it is a possibility. Most I've met were actually accepted elsewhere, myself included. Let's not consider yourself that much higher. NYU does still hold quite a high DAT average among dental schools.

Many came with the idea of seeing more patients and opportunity to work with diverse ethnicities, and you will surely get it at NYU. While at other schools, you see maybe 5 patients a week, you see 5-6 patients a day at NYU. I've spoken with many dsos, priv clinc owners, etc at various events and meetings and many said they see clear differences in skill set among NYU graduates (on average, of course) than any other school.

Will you be ready right out of school?

Probably, given you worked as you should have.

Is that worth the extra cost attending NYU?

Eh.

As I said, NYU has it's terrible points. Patient pool is not one of them. You'll have plenty of opportunities to improve yourself. This was really one of my only reasons to attend NYU.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
how has your experience at nyu been? would you make the same decision again or go to a different school?

I would choose here again bc 1) great resources, 2) networking, 3) NYC
The number one thing ppl complain about when I applied is finances, but there are ways around this (take it from me as a middle class guy).

The number one thing ppl complain about when I applied is finances, but there are ways around this (take it from me as a middle class guy).
Thank you!! refreshing to hear positives about nyu. would I be able to PM you to ask about finances?

Would you elaborate a little bit more on what are some ways around it? The finances?