NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Do you have to find your own patients in this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have to find your own patients in this school?
i actually asked my interviewer about this! he told me that the students have no issues finding their patients! as well the clinic admin is great - they can actually steer patients towards a specific student if they find that the student needs to complete a root canal for example. should be no issue that i know of!

Reactions: 1 user
i actually asked my interviewer about this! he told me that the students have no issues finding their patients! as well the clinic admin is great - they can actually steer patients towards a specific student if they find that the student needs to complete a root canal for example. should be no issue that i know of!
Oh wow. Thank you!

are they sending out more interviews?

That's what NYU posts up because they want you to get full loans for emergencies, but none of the students use that much a year. An apartment 5-10 minutes walk away is $1500-1800 including utilities. Expensive, but this still doesn't fit in to your numbers. I know because I've looked at multiple. Ultimately, I'm a native new yorker so I decided to commute, saving me a whole $1.5k+. After rent, $1k a month is plenty, with most students using way less, some using $500 and under. I use about $400 including my metrocard. The average is probably $1700 + $600, which brings it to $2300. A year, that's $28k as opposed to $41k as per NYU. So that $680k is now $620k after interest for a student who is living 10 minutes away.

Edit: Regarding the bolded statement. I calculated my tax bomb of my debt by graduation 480k (inclusive of tax) to be 187k in 25 years with REPAYE with a total forgiveness of 617k. I also calculated it to be 295k if I lived outside and had accrued 650k by graduation. Yes, again, expensive, but in 25 years, 187k and 295k would have very literally half the buying power of today, which would make it 100k and 150k respectively. Also, if I were to put $250 a month into an ETF and expect a reasonably low 10%, then in 25 years, I would literally have $296k. Since I only owe $480k, I only need to put $160 a month to get 189k. This frees up the rest of my money to either invest in more stocks, buy a house, or start my own practice. This is practically a no brainer that only people who can't handle the thought of leveraging debt can say is bad. It's like a financial analyst speaking with a Dave Ramsey follower. It's the "credit cards are bad..." except for people who know how to use them correctly. So, where are you getting this ridiculous 1 million dollar impending tax bomb fromy?
I thought of the exact same thing! My numbers are fairly different but the concept is very real and possible.

are they sending out more interviews?
they must be sending every week and it will continue till Mid March (based on their history), but it seem there is no one in this thread that received interview invite this week that is for next week. I think there was one person last week who received interview for this week in this thread?.
Actually there are very few (less than 10) waiting in this thread for interview and few (around 8) are waiting for offer so really not representative of what is happening with NYU and even facebook page hardly 120 (including current students) so it seems not right info is available at this time....
Out these 10-15 student above may be couple would really post anything so it will be hard for you to know much. I think just wait for another week or so you would hear one way or other as decision time is nearing for them too.........good luck all those waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received interview invite 02/15
AA: 20 TS: 20
uGPA: 2.9 mGPA: 3.86

Reactions: 1 users
Are the 1 on 1 interviews very casual? like general interview questions? or do they ask situational/ethical questions?

thanks

Are the 1 on 1 interviews very casual? like general interview questions? or do they ask situational/ethical questions?

thanks
For me, mostly general questions. But there was at least one situation/ethical question in both 1-on-1 interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone experienced any more movement from the waitlist? I'm keeping my fingers crossed they're still going through the list!

Last edited:
has anyone interviewed on 2/15 and received any acceptances or decisions?

anyone interviewing in March now? still they are not half full it seems but still some are on waitlist it seems

Did anyone receive a letter from NYU today saying that your application remains under review and saying to upload any updates directly to NYU portal?

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone receive a letter from NYU today saying that your application remains under review and saying to upload any updates directly to NYU portal?
Hey I received it as well! Do you guys think they sent it to all the remaining applicants or a select few?

Hey I received it as well! Do you guys think they sent it to all the remaining applicants or a select few?
Most likely all remaining applicants. I submitted an update letter in mid January and received the email yesterday

After I got this email in January, I got an interview invite a few days later

Reactions: 3 users
After I got this email in January, I got an interview invite a few days later
So you don't think everyone remaining received this email, rather a select group of remaining students?
Regardless, congrats on your invitation!

Does anyone know how soon the waitlist moves? And how many people were accepted from the waitlist in last year? Thanks

Does anyone know how soon the waitlist moves? And how many people were accepted from the waitlist in last year? Thanks
you will be fine before end of the month you will receive offer. they send you to ensure you are interested (not accepting other place) so you do not deny offer. this is how they cut down on admin work. remember me after few weeks.

Interviewed: Feb 22
Waitlisted: Feb 28
Did you mean the 23rd by chance? I thought the only interview days last week were the 23rd and the 24th.

When were you notified and where (portal/email)?

Did you mean the 23rd by chance? I thought the only interview days last week were the 23rd and the 24th.

When were you notified and where (portal/email)?
There were about 7-8 people scheduled for interview on 22nd Feb.

I just randomly checked my portal and it was saying “ new update” - and was waitlisted ☹️
Hoping to get accepted soon.. any recommendations… should I send a letter of intent or call them? Please suggest? TIA

you will be fine before end of the month you will receive offer. they send you to ensure you are interested (not accepting other place) so you do not deny offer. this is how they cut down on admin work. remember me after few weeks.
Should I send them a letter of intent?

Should I send them a letter of intent?
They already know your intent so do not do immediately but give them some time as they will have next round (march) interviews this week so next week they will get offers with that if you do not get then send it following week to let them know that you have not accepted any other offers and interested in NYU (who knows you may get to other school). since you are already waitlisted you have passed just that you may be few point behind so they would wait for next few round of students (to be fair with them). Remember they score on each items like GPA,DAT,PS,application,experience,Interview) and additionally your location matter too as they can not take all students from one state at one time. so cycle would move now as quiet few would move out if they get to other school of their choice or are holding multiple seats as that time is now coming for them to give up this week. I know quiet few Canadians would get in Canada as Canadian school would offer seats in March & April.

They already know your intent so do not do immediately but give them some time as they will have next round (march) interviews this week so next week they will get offers with that if you do not get then send it following week to let them know that you have not accepted any other offers and interested in NYU (who knows you may get to other school). since you are already waitlisted you have passed just that you may be few point behind so they would wait for next few round of students (to be fair with them). Remember they score on each items like GPA,DAT,PS,application,experience,Interview) and additionally your location matter too as they can not take all students from one state at one time. so cycle would move now as quiet few would move out if they get to other school of their choice or are holding multiple seats as that time is now coming for them to give up this week. I know quiet few Canadians would get in Canada as Canadian school would offer seats in March & April.
Thanks so much! Really appreciate your detailed reply!

Have interviews been given out for the rest of march?

Interview #5
School: NYU
Notification date: 3/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-outdate: 9/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.2,3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/20/no
Dates available: 3/10, 3/11, 3/15
Method of Interview: Virtual

Interview #5
School: NYU
Notification date: 3/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-outdate: 9/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.2,3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/20/no
Dates available: 3/10, 3/11, 3/15
Method of Interview: Virtual
Did you send any updates?

Anyone know how full the class is? And odds of getting accepted after interviewing?

Anyone know how full the class is? And odds of getting accepted after interviewing?
Did you receive and interview recently? I believe the facebook group is still not full at all.

Did you receive and interview recently? I believe the facebook group is still not full at all.
Yes I just received one this morning! I know their class is like 350+ which is awesome. If you haven’t received an interview yet, I talked to admissions a few days ago and they said interview invites will be going out throughout every week of March and decisions will be rolling out the same for those who interviewed! Just keep sending them updates if anything necessary is missing (like dental assisting, volunteering…)

Yes I just received one this morning! I know their class is like 350+ which is awesome. If you haven’t received an interview yet, I talked to admissions a few days ago and they said interview invites will be going out throughout every week of March and decisions will be rolling out the same for those who interviewed! Just keep sending them updates if anything necessary is missing (like dental assisting, volunteering…)
Congratulations!! Amazing I hope your interview goes well!