NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

any one from Canada invited yet? interested in stats if you can share

Members don't see this ad.

How were the interviews so far? Can someone share their experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
How many dentists do you know want to work full time until they turn into flesh and bones? At least from what I see around me most male dentists heavily scale back by 50 if not sooner, and most female dentists (assuming started at 26) are half time or less by 35. It's the same in medicine Why women leave medicine

For example/In theory, $100k and $350k debt are virtually the "same" because it's just an extra year's salary for most doctors. But in reality, lifestyle creeps in and nobody wants to continue delaying gratification. Everybody likes to do a flat math of "I will work 30x years @$250k" but in reality very few do that
1) I know plenty. And even if I didn't, this argument has nothing to do with what we were talking about, which was how expensive the school is and how to pay it back. Why does PAYE or REPAYE have anything to do with how much a dentist can work? It doesn't, but I'll address it anyway. Most people don't need 5+ million by the time they retire, and they can also build equity in many ways. At a certain point, working full time is not needed unless you want to be deep into a multimillionaire. Most dentists who work part time by their 50's already have enough capital to live through retirement and they choose not to do it because they can choose. Check out the COAST FIRE concept.

2) You linked a why physician women leave medicine. If you want to show your point that dentists don't work that much in their 30's, which is completely untrue, then link that.

3) I also said 4k-5k debt repayment or investment, not 10k. 4k-5k into the stock market possible and reasonable for even a 3 day a week dentist. Many practice owners are working 3-4 days a week and clearing 200k+. An associate that makes 160k-180k 5 days a week could still make over 100k by working part time, and even after taxes, would probably be able to fork over 4k, if not 5k. So essentially, whatever I detailed above could literally be done part time which further proves you have no point. Even if it didn't, I don't know what this has to do with anything or why it's even an argument. If you want to make more money, you have to spend more time making money.

Last edited:

DentGent13 I appreciate you sharing this with us. I am thinking you are a dental student given the amount of experience you seem to have in this specific topic. I have a question tho. Do you think that NYU dental students tend to do postpone things like starting a family and other things further than other dental students due to the bigger loans they have to repay?​

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #8
School: NYU
Notification Date: 10/25
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/25
Application complete date: 06/30
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/27/21/20/No
Dates available: multiple days in November
Method of interview: Virtual

Last edited:
are they not sending as many invites this cycle or whats going on
largest seats but very few invites here. what percent of applicant follow SDN may be those who gotten are not here and we think they are not sending.....

DentGent13 I appreciate you sharing this with us. I am thinking you are a dental student given the amount of experience you seem to have in this specific topic. I have a question tho. Do you think that NYU dental students tend to do postpone things like starting a family and other things further than other dental students due to the bigger loans they have to repay?​

Yes I am a dental student lol, but I used to work in other things before becoming a dental student so I have a bit more experience in terms of finances.

I am pretty sure that the average age of matriculants here is 24-25. There are a fair amount of 22 year olds but also a fair amount of 25+ year olds. I personally know at least 10 people in their late 20's if not early 30's, but hey NYU has a lot of students. I also know two people with kids and I'm sure there are more. I have talked to quite a few people already and their plans are the same, RE/PAYE. I have no doubt in my mind that a large majority of these students will be enrolling in the RE/PAYE option. I don't think any of them are postpone their life at all and for good reason.

With the RE/PAYE option, you really don't have to postpone anything. You're paying 10% of your discretionary income to have a life, and have a chance to turn extra $$$ into even more $$$ to pay a lump sum at the end of 20/25 years. So use the extra capital and invest and live your life and you will be many times richer than if you had done traditional loan repayments. 650k is just ridiculous to refinance and pay off, and honestly even a public school at the 350k level would be annoying to pay off. 650k is nearly to pay off unless you're going to spend more than just a few years in rural and hint: Most people don't go rural.

The dentists I've shadowed, which were about 3 were also NYU dentists. They all are in their mid/late 30's with kids in elementary school. I know debt was lower back then, but RE/PAYE equalizes things in a lot of ways.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how often interview invites are sent out?

Hi does anyone know if NYU is done sending out their pre-december interviews?

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #5
Notification date: 11/15
Residency: OOS (international)
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/19
Application complete date: 8/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/21/21/no
Dates available: 11/18-12/3

Last edited:
Interview #5
Notification date: 11/16
Residency: OOS (international)
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/19
Application complete date: 8/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/21/21/no
Dates available: 11/18-12/3
notification date is 16th so I assume you are in asia?

Members don't see this ad :)
I keep getting the feeling that NYU is a bit slower this cycle than the previous years, given that it is almost December... or is it just me??

Got in via the portal at 2:51 so it looks like they're rolling them out :)

Congrats to everyone who's gotten accepted so far! Anyone happen to know when NYU or even other schools tend to start sending out post-December interview invites?

Nyu acceptance through email 4:00 pm EST

Congrats to everyone who's gotten accepted so far! Anyone happen to know when NYU or even other schools tend to start sending out post-December interview invites?
I received an interview invite today, My interview is on 12/14

what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
3.4 GPA
3.8 MGPA from NYU Oral Bio
20 AA, 21 TS, 22 PAT, nothing below 17
few hundreds shadowing hours
couple of thousand volunteer hours

For those who were accepted, where is the admissions response form they talk about in the acceptance note?

What would you guys say are pros and cons for NYU excluding cost and large class size? From my research it seems like a great program and I'm very interested but a student I know from Rutgers said to not go as the program "sucks" and I would be "screwing myself over" but did not provide any reasons as to why so I was wondering if anyone had some insight.

What would you guys say are pros and cons for NYU excluding cost and large class size? From my research it seems like a great program and I'm very interested but a student I know from Rutgers said to not go as the program "sucks" and I would be "screwing myself over" but did not provide any reasons as to why so I was wondering if anyone had some insight.
Besides large class size and cost?

NYU has it's problems but if you talk to any student from the other school, their school also has problems, but they'll still insist that it's at least better than NYU's problems. Whoever says their school doesn't have problems is lying out of their ass. Your contact from Rutgers likely just wants to **** on another school to feel better about their choice. From my experience, it isn't that bad here. Again, yes it has problems; NYU throws a lot of bull**** that hassles students, but like I said, it's no different than what I hear from friends and I have lots of dental student friends in other "top", "good", "clinical" schools. People talk about Rutger problems here too, but Rutgers ain't the main villain. To them, NYU is always the worst no matter what. Talk to some students from NYU and you'll find that it goes either way. Some students drank the koolaid and bought into hating their own academia and hate their lives here. The other students, who come in with an open mind, are generally enjoying there time here. It's no different than any other school.

The facts are:

Pros:
-You'll get a half decent education with decent clinical training, despite what anyone says, NYU has a lot of patients and you can get lots of procedures done. People like to cry tooth and nail how someone they know from NYU is the worst dentist they've ever seen though, but you will likely do more procedures than most other schools, perhaps it's not the most, but it's definitely in the upper half. Despite the skills that other dentists claim NYU students have, the opportunity to learn is big.
-You'll have a lot of networking opportunities as well. Because the school is so big and established, you can meet department heads anywhere and all of them are extremely nice. If you are a highly motivated student, this may be an opportunity to get immersed somewhere.
-Great faculty. Most of the faculty, and I say MOST because there are some c*nts, are very passionate and generally love teaching you.

Cons:
-Admin like to throw **** that hassles you (stupid policies and last minute, you'll know if you come)
-There are almost never any breaks so good luck studying for the ADAT, GRE, CBSE, etc.
-Tough curriculum and scheduling, some classes are run pretty badly. Also lots of homework from a lot of classes that don't matter.

Hi! Can anyone that got accepted share their virtual interview experience and what types of things were asked? Thank you!

Besides large class size and cost?

NYU has it's problems but if you talk to any student from the other school, their school also has problems, but they'll still insist that it's at least better than NYU's problems. Whoever says their school doesn't have problems is lying out of their ass. Your contact from Rutgers likely just wants to **** on another school to feel better about their choice. From my experience, it isn't that bad here. Again, yes it has problems; NYU throws a lot of bull**** that hassles students, but like I said, it's no different than what I hear from friends and I have lots of dental student friends in other "top", "good", "clinical" schools. People talk about Rutger problems here too, but Rutgers ain't the main villain. To them, NYU is always the worst no matter what. Talk to some students from NYU and you'll find that it goes either way. Some students drank the koolaid and bought into hating their own academia and hate their lives here. The other students, who come in with an open mind, are generally enjoying there time here. It's no different than any other school.

The facts are:

Pros:
-You'll get a half decent education with decent clinical training, despite what anyone says, NYU has a lot of patients and you can get lots of procedures done. People like to cry tooth and nail how someone they know from NYU is the worst dentist they've ever seen though, but you will likely do more procedures than most other schools, perhaps it's not the most, but it's definitely in the upper half. Despite the skills that other dentists claim NYU students have, the opportunity to learn is big.
-You'll have a lot of networking opportunities as well. Because the school is so big and established, you can meet department heads anywhere and all of them are extremely nice. If you are a highly motivated student, this may be an opportunity to get immersed somewhere.
-Great faculty. Most of the faculty, and I say MOST because there are some c*nts, are very passionate and generally love teaching you.

Cons:
-Admin like to throw **** that hassles you (stupid policies and last minute, you'll know if you come)
-There are almost never any breaks so good luck studying for the ADAT, GRE, CBSE, etc.
-Tough curriculum and scheduling, some classes are run pretty badly. Also lots of homework from a lot of classes that don't matter.
Thank you for your thoughts. It's good to hear the perspective of an actual NYU student. Yeah, I thought it was a very strange/rude thing to say and more so since they didn't give me any explanation as to why.

Hi! Anyone know the post-dec interview acceptance rate and how long to hear back when interviewing after dec 1st? Is dec 15th a 2nd decision date for the school?

For those accepted into NYU dental, did you do the certiphi background check? I'm slightly confused which school requested it from me as I don't see NYU on the list of participating schools

Does anyone know how long it takes them to make a decision post dec 1st interviews?

• Hmm
Did they make a Facebook group yet for the class of 2026?