NYITCOM-Long Island vs Midwestern-CCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuvtoBeADoctor

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently deciding between NYITCOM-Long Island and Midwestern-CCOM.
I know that CCOM is more expensive than NYITCOM, but due to higher cost-of-living in Long Island as compared to Chicago area both cost-of-attendances equalize.
NYITCOM has primarily online learning, while CCOM has in-person classes.

What are some other points of comparison can we make?
In terms of research, is CCOM or NYITCOM better?
How do they compare in rotation sites?

Members don't see this ad.

CCOM is graded (A/B/C/D) and NOT P/F. nyitcom is which will make your life so much easier. At the same time both are equally reputable schools- your gonna have to dig for research anyways. Look wherever is closer to home.

Reactions: 1 user
good to know- but I will say that CCOM is also experiencing some minor issues with rotations as Rosalind Franklin is pushing for more MD spots within the advocate health system since they dont have their own hospital. Students this year are being pushed into Kankakee community hospital a couple hours out (i am in chicago know alot of students at CCOM rn including some 2nd, 3rd, 4th years, feel free to PM me)

Also why tf are Caribbean schools buying out slots for their student when half of them aren't going to match. wasting spots for students.

either way you cant go wrong with either choice!!! best of luck to you. I will say I am biased and that Chicago is the best city to be in!!!!

edit: I also wanted to say I am considering/applied the JB campus which has a completely different system for rotations so my advice may not be applicable to the NY campus