Number of proctored surgeries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ya I have a buddy making $40 an RVu, just wrong.
Buuuut he works at a hospital and has good bennies so it def could be worse. His problem was he didn’t counter. But I also get that pigs get fed and hogs get slaughtered, it was 2020 when he got the job so probably just happy to get a decent job at that point.

giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Most op jobs are offering $45s per wRVU in metro areas. Some even lower. I'd think non ops would be lower.

A majority of jobs in general are in metro areas. And although reimbursements and therefore compensation are regional, all national survey data says your claim above is wrong. I only have one friend who is anywhere near $45 per wRVU and he is in Louisiana which is the poorest and worst reimbursed area in the country. I’m sure “some” people are offered and take $45 per wRVU, but not “most.” MGMA and Sullivan Cotter don’t put national medians that low. That’s bottom 10-25th percentile compensation.

But as mentioned before, these non op jobs are going to entirely disappear soon because of replacement by APPs.

Yeah, a local hospital is losing a DPM in a month. And a F&A ortho. They will still have one DPM. I’ve been checking their physician jobs page to see when they post a position for a new DPM, simply to scare my employer into a pay raise since it’s where I live (even though they get paid less per wRVU than I do and have more call responsibility). They just posted a job for a Podiatry NP. They aren’t replacing the DPM. The one staying will essentially become a surgical consultant only and the NP will take care of all of the non op. They already don’t do routine nail care so they aren’t even using the NP for that…

Lot of new grads are going to be screwed in the next 5-10 years. Once again, by other podiatrists. This NP position is completely driven by the remaining DPM who (despite worse training than most of us here) is not a podiatrist but a “foot and ankle surgeon.” According to him…

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
A majority of jobs in general are in metro areas. And although reimbursements and therefore compensation are regional, all national survey data says your claim above is wrong. I only have one friend who is anywhere near $45 per wRVU and he is in Louisiana which is the poorest and worst reimbursed area in the country. I’m sure “some” people are offered and take $45 per wRVU, but not “most.” MGMA and Sullivan Cotter don’t put national medians that low. That’s bottom 10-25th percentile compensation.

Yeah, a local hospital is losing a DPM in a month. And a F&A ortho. They will still have one DPM. I’ve been checking their physician jobs page to see when they post a position for a new DPM, simply to scare my employer into a pay raise since it’s where I live (even though they get paid less per wRVU than I do and have more call responsibility). They just posted a job for a Podiatry NP. They aren’t replacing the DPM. The one staying will essentially become a surgical consultant only and the NP will take care of all of the non op. They already don’t do routine nail care so they aren’t even using the NP for that…

Lot of new grads are going to be screwed in the next 5-10 years. Once again, by other podiatrists. This NP position is completely driven by the remaining DPM who (despite worse training than most of us here) is not a podiatrist but a “foot and ankle surgeon.”
I agree surveys are showing higher wRVU rate. However going by people around me and myself it seems to be $45 is the going rate. But also very regional and how desperate they are to have a podiatrist. I was offered $55 wRVU in a metro area not so long ago. My last job was around $45 and several of our residents are getting the same $40s offers.

Hopefully I am wrong and $55 is the norm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im at tiered $49, 50, 51 but in a fairly low cost of living area.

Decent home here can be bought for 200k with some land.

300-400k gets you an amazing home.

Reactions: 1 user
Im at tiered $49, 50, 51 but in a fairly low cost of living area.

Decent home here can be bought for 200k with some land.

300-400k gets you an amazing home.
Thailand?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users