NSU-COM Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's a tie on academics & rotations, imho. Both are well-established, solid schools that are inland and have horrible traffic. Choose on location - where do you want to live for the next 4+ years? Does proximity to Miami have more appeal than proximity to LA? Do you have friends/family either place?

Florida's one of the 5 states that requires an AOA traditional rotating internship. CA is not. This matters, somewhat, if you want to practice in FL or the other 4.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you for your reply!

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted of the WL today! Not sure what to do... I have been planning to go to Western-COMP but this throws a wrench into that plan. My deposit is do near the end of this month with classes starting Aug4th. UGH. Wish i would have know sooner.

Anyone wanna give me heads up as far as attending Western-COMP vs NSU-COM???? I would really appreciate the advice!
I was accepted to both COMP and NSUCOM. I chose NSUCOM because the environment fits my lifestyle better (coming from the Boston area). I was not a fan of Pomona itself since there is nothing to do there...and the traffic and drivers were pretty bad, definitely more obnoxious than those in Florida. Though the weather is better than Florida, overall, I made the right decision for me.

The AOA traditional rotating internship is going to be done away with soon enough, so I wouldn't concern yourself with that if you choose to practice in one of the five. Many students find a residency that satisfies the requirement and counts as their first year. You'll just have to research.

Weigh your options, make a chart. Been there, done that. At the end, you'll make the right choice.

Florida's one of the 5 states that requires an AOA traditional rotating internship. CA is not. This matters, somewhat, if you want to practice in FL or the other 4.

I've been doing a search and for some reason I can't come up with the other four states. Do you know what they are?

I've been doing a search and for some reason I can't come up with the other four states. Do you know what they are?

Second hit on Google for 'five states require traditional rotating internship' brings up this article, which says it's Florida, Michigan, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.