NRMP withdrawal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simvastatin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,

Due to personal reasons, I am withdrawing from the match --- I was wondering between the two options...

1. Withdraw from the match by checking the 'withdraw box' in the NRMP website

OR

2. Not to rank the programs at all -- which will imply I participated in the match without any programs being ranked.....

Please let me know your opinion. Thanks!:(

Members don't see this ad.

Hello friends,

Due to personal reasons, I am withdrawing from the match --- I was wondering between the two options...

1. Withdraw from the match by checking the 'withdraw box' in the NRMP website

OR

2. Not to rank the programs at all -- which will imply I participated in the match without any programs being ranked.....

Please let me know your opinion. Thanks!:(

It probably doesn't matter one whit. But why not just withdraw from the Match? There's not really a scramble like with residency so you don't lose anything in that respect.

are you planning on scrambling for a spot? if you are, you have to keep yourself in the match to access the list.

otherwise, if fellowship is out for you, it doesn't really matter what you do since you already paid the fee.

personally, if you plan on reapplying next year, it might be useful to know which programs matched or did not match this year. again, in that case, you have to stay in the match and have to at least rank one program. but you could rank a program that you did not interview at so that there would be 0% that you would accidentally match.