NPTE April

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i didn't clear..have to study again :(..dunno where i lacked

Dang! So sorry. Chin up.. You'll get it in July!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

I'm so sorry! I know how disheartening it is! It happened to me. Take a few days to get your head cleared.

I got the feedback performance report. It's 90 bucks but worth it. It will show you where you were lacking and several other items. What all were you studying from?

I'm so sorry! I know how disheartening it is! It happened to me. Take a few days to get your head cleared.

I got the feedback performance report. It's 90 bucks but worth it. It will show you where you were lacking and several other items. What all were you studying from?

My school was incredibly helpful for those of us that didn't pass. They paid for my performance report and for some new practice tests (scorebuilders online).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My school was incredibly helpful for those of us that didn't pass. They paid for my performance report and for some new practice tests (scorebuilders online).

I somehow qualified to take a 3 part survey and got mine for free! Saved 90 there but had to pay for the PEAT. I think the PEAT is a great source!

Hi guys. I didn't clear .That exam was hard.

Sorry to hear! It was hard. Like I said earlier, take some time to clear your head and go at it again. I really think my first attempt my nerves got me. Remember, it's a reading test (quoting TherapyEd instructor) you have to read the full question and all the answers.

Will you take the next scheduled one?

Thanks for the concern @wrennywren @hey_everyone12 .
I studied from scorebuilders and some topic from sullivan . Did peat exam , scorebuilders and sullivan as well.
i have also studied from blue book. i tried to cover everything i could that time, studied day and night. May be something was left. I am planning to buy score report.
From where did u guys studied? any tips will be a great help

Sorry to hear! It was hard. Like I said earlier, take some time to clear your head and go at it again. I really think my first attempt my nerves got me. Remember, it's a reading test (quoting TherapyEd instructor) you have to read the full question and all the answers.

Will you take the next scheduled one?

Yea, im taking the next one in July. I feel I know the info. I am weak in examination and interventions.

i still cant see the status of my result.....i dont know wats wrong with my state?......i think i will have to wait till tomorrow:(

Hi everyone!I already got my result,FAILED..Im already expecting it though because i didn't finish my exam plus its really tricky & lengthy.This is my first attempt & graduated since 2006.just studied for almost 3 mos: read lectures for the first half of my review then questionnaires for the second half.I just read PEAT & IER,didn't have time to read scorebuilder & TherapyEd. Im taking again this July. God has a better plan for all of us.Have faith!
Good Luck fellow PTs!

Checked my status this morning....I PASSED!!!!! Wow am Amazed cos the Exam was hard!!

Reactions: 2 users
Am really sorry to hear that @twi . You should check out "Therapy Exam prep" online. Its a 3 months course that thoroughly preps you for the npte. I tried them last year ...really cheap too.

Last edited:
Am really sorry to hear that @twi . You should check out "Therapy Exam prep" online. Its a 3 months course that thoroughly preps you for the npte. I tried them last. ...really cheap too.
hi mishpt ! see what i told you! congrats.... Now can you give me some tips ands inspiration pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..............

Members don't see this ad :)
hi wrennywren. u think i have to finish that amazon cd? is it worth to study? please help............i am behind with my schedules cos i am sick till now.

hi mishpt ! see what i told you! congrats.... Now can you give me some tips ands inspiration pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..............
Thanks!!!! You had me believing in myself. Thanks again!. As far as tips goes....when is your exam and how are you preparing?

Yeah....I passed the exam:):soexcited:

My state didn't allow to see paased/failed status so I had to buy Individual score report frm fsbpt fr 55 bucks .....but atleast it was worth spending it.....I scored 616/800..... this was my first attempt and I made it ....

I studied for 3 months 5 hrs/day Monday to Friday. ....I studied therapy ed and scorebuilders and also took PEAT exams. Honestly, I never scored above 65 in any of 8 exams but I learned my mistakes through each exam......I never missed ny occasion or event during my exam prep coz I didnt believe in the logic behind studying 7-8 hrs/day for 6-7days a wk...

My tip fr the prep is study a day only upto ur saturation level.....once u know that your brain is not accepting ny more information for the day, u should just stop it until next day.....also make every concept clear either through book or Internet......

To all who couldn't make it unfortunately, dont loose hope ....take one week copmlete break .....go out have fun and forget everything for one week.....beleive me, the stress of the exam and one week wait for the result has already stressed you out more than enough.....so dont start studies at this point.....
Wish u all best luck for july.:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
PASSED ! can i get a WOHOOO !cleared it in my first attempt! to everyone who didn't cut through. Don't lose hope! Be positive and work your hardest. And for the tips , My references would be the therapyed book, together with the course manual and scorebuilders flash cards. And PEAT thats all! cheers to all that made it

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to all of you who have passed. I am really happy for you guys . Ya I guess I was studying day and night my brain stopped taking things inside in the last days.

Am really sorry to hear that @twi . You should check out "Therapy Exam prep" online. Its a 3 months course that thoroughly preps you for the npte. I tried them last year ...really cheap too.
Is it worth it to take that course ? Congratulations to you :)

Is it worth it to take that course ? Congratulations to you :)
It was worth every dime I spent. You will figure out where you are lacking....and what your doing wrong. Its $375 for 3 months . After failing twice....I had to tap into every resources available to help me break the barrier. Nothing in life is guaranteed remember this......however, I quickly figured out my problem once I enrolled with them.

Last edited:
It was worth every dime I spent. You will figure out where you are lacking....and what your doing wrong. Its $375 for 3 months . After failing twice....I had to tap into every resources available to help me break the barrier. Nothing in life is guaranteed remember this......however, I quickly figured out my problem once I enrolled with them.
Thank you so much . I am looking forward to it :) Hopefully i will make it through this time

Looking for study partner for July NPTE. Kindly message me here in my inbox.
Also i m from Michigan so i would like to prefer someone from the same time zone.

Hi all can some one help me how to read the performance score report ?
It's soo confusing :-(

Hi all can some one help me how to read the performance score report ?
It's soo confusing :-(

I believe there was a "FAQ" and a section on how to interrupt the report.

I remember "on track to pass" is the amount of questions you would likely need to get correct to pass. There is also a reading that states what you could possibly get if you didn't study but got a different exam. I would read the FAQ, it really helps you understand.

Congrats to everyone who passed!!! :):)
I am taking NPTE in July and was wondering if anyone is interested in selling their TherapyEd course manual that comes along with the study guide.

I am taking NPTE in July and was wondering if anyone is interested in selling their TherapyEd course manual that comes along with the study guide.

My whole book has writing in it and is highlighted. I'm not sure if you would want to purchase that.

Am willing to sell mine. I barely used the the study guide, only used the practice exams instead. This is the 2013 version. Let me know if you are interested and send me an email. Ladyrichmn@gmail.com

Am also selling my Scorebuider I bought couple months ago....again only used the practice exams. The book and flash cards are brand new.

I have Therpayed 2013 ed. and Scorebuilders (Giles)... m willing to sell both.....very good condition except it has highlight markings. .....if nyone interested in buying, email me at [email protected] .

Thanks for the concern @wrennywren @hey_everyone12 .
I studied from scorebuilders and some topic from sullivan . Did peat exam , scorebuilders and sullivan as well.
i have also studied from blue book. i tried to cover everything i could that time, studied day and night. May be something was left. I am planning to buy score report.
From where did u guys studied? any tips will be a great help
I would recommend you to get comfortable with the questions. I am a foreign grad and I did 13 prac tests before the real thing. My target was always to get 75 or around in prac exams. My advice is to review each and every qs after you write the test, try to get the keywords in qs that will direct you towards the right answer. Try to know why it was wrong or right. I use to refer textbooks or review guide (scorebuilders, therapyed, blue book or Mcgraw Hill) for relevant qs and for which I did not understand the qs
NPTE exam is tricky. You need to know keyword and main idea behind asking the qs. try to visualize the qs as u see them. For example, if you bend what will be the position of ur sacrum and ilium. try doing on it and you will get clear idea.

I would recommend you to get comfortable with the questions. I am a foreign grad and I did 13 prac tests before the real thing. My target was always to get 75 or around in prac exams. My advice is to review each and every qs after you write the test, try to get the keywords in qs that will direct you towards the right answer. Try to know why it was wrong or right. I use to refer textbooks or review guide (scorebuilders, therapyed, blue book or Mcgraw Hill) for relevant qs and for which I did not understand the qs
NPTE exam is tricky. You need to know keyword and main idea behind asking the qs. try to visualize the qs as u see them. For example, if you bend what will be the position of ur sacrum and ilium. try doing on it and you will get clear idea.
yeah .. i am a foreign grad as well . Thanks for your explanation i guess i need to focus clinically more because i lack there only as you have also explained. Can you guide me from where should i study topics related to sports like baseball cocking , pitching, etc.
thanks
Twi

yeah .. i am a foreign grad as well . Thanks for your explanation i guess i need to focus clinically more because i lack there only as you have also explained. Can you guide me from where should i study topics related to sports like baseball cocking , pitching, etc.
thanks
Twi
i actually google those topics and studied the phases of baseball throwing, its always anterior shoulder joint capsule. this is also similar to swimming stroke.

I've been reading all your post. It makes me feel a little better after failing my NPTE last April for my second attempt. Though, I will move on and will never quit, it really is painful to receive FAILED result. :( I actually cried that day. Now, I wish to have a study partner, someone who will sit and review with me straight 4 hours a day Monday to Friday. And take practice exams together every Saturday. Like everyone else, I myself dont know whats lacking. I dont have the report yet so right now, im focusing to read on the topics with I had a hard time during the test. And yes, April 30 NPTE was sooooooooooo hard. I'm taking my 3rd attempt this JULY.. Im from California, Bay Area.. Anyone study partner? Goodluck to all of us.

I've been reading all your post. It makes me feel a little better after failing my NPTE last April for my second attempt. Though, I will move on and will never quit, it really is painful to receive FAILED result. :( I actually cried that day. Now, I wish to have a study partner, someone who will sit and review with me straight 4 hours a day Monday to Friday. And take practice exams together every Saturday. Like everyone else, I myself dont know whats lacking. I dont have the report yet so right now, im focusing to read on the topics with I had a hard time during the test. And yes, April 30 NPTE was sooooooooooo hard. I'm taking my 3rd attempt this JULY.. Im from California, Bay Area.. Anyone study partner? Goodluck to all of us.
What hours are you available to study?

i actually google those topics and studied the phases of baseball throwing, its always anterior shoulder joint capsule. this is also similar to swimming stroke.
thank you...i am doing the same :)

I know it is very hard to digest this feeling but its ok just never quit. Try to discuss things so that we all can help each other. We can do this :)

Thanks
I know it is very hard to digest this feeling but its ok just never quit. Try to discuss things so that we all can help each other. We can do this :)
Thanks Twi! Yup we can all do this.

Hi everyone, Does anyone know about any course preparation or classes or a tutor that help me to prepare to the NPTE in NYC?

Hi everyone, Does anyone know about any course preparation or classes or a tutor that help me to prepare to the NPTE in NYC?
Well I know of an online review course. ...Google "Therapy exam prep"

Hi mishPT,

There are two diff "therapy exam prep" courses as I searched , which one you are suggesting?
http://www.ptfinalexam.com/resources/study-options/tep-therapy-exam-prep/
or
http://therapyexamprep.com/

Definitely check out http://www.ptfinalexam.com where there are some free study guides and practice questions. I also host a Mastermind Study Group for individuals who need coaching as they go through all of the material for the NPTE. You can check out the reviews and sign up at http://www.ptfinalexam.com/mastermind-study-group-2/. Email me to find out how you can get a 10% discount. [email protected]

I'm selling my NPTE study books with the CD's. I have the 2014 editions of O'Sullivan (Therapy Ed) and Giles (Scorebuilders). The Scorebuilders text has a little highlighting here and there, and theres also notes on the first practice test at the end of the book. Other than that, they are in good condition. Send me a message if anyone's interested, thanks!

Any one interested for April 2016 NPTE exam?

Hi , does anyone have the therapy ed 2016 practice tests? I would like to exchange them for my therpay ed 2015 practice tests :) , if anyone is interested just email me at [email protected]