NPR segment on DNP's - make your voices heard!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2) Launch a massive public awareness campagn to enlighten patients about the difference between a doctor and these pseudo-doctors. Let pts know if they intend to see a doctor, they need to make sure they are not defrauded by someone else dressed in a white coat.

....... It is time for physicians to look into forming a different organization with the intent of protecting physicans' interests.

I am not sure this is the answer, but you might be right. I just know when MD's tried to do this to chiropractors it back fired. The best days of chiropractic were circa deep throat and the anti-trust lawsuit. Every time an MD said NOT to see a chiropractor, 2 came in my door as a result. CHiropractors took it to the US District court and then the AMA appealed to the US Supreme court where the decision was upheld - however DC's (doctors of chiropractic) made the mistake to not ask for a single penney - instead they just wanted the AMA to agree to let MD's refer to DC's and work with DC's (which the AMA forbade any of its members to do prior to the lawsuit) - Yeah that was a stupid thing for the DC's to do, that did nothing. DC's should have taken every penney they could.

To teach patients that DNP's are some sort of fraud is a potential anti-trust lawsuit, and the AMA et all certainly realized its a mistake to be AGAINST any other group - they also realize they got lucky DC's did not ask for ANY punitive damages whatsoever. THe decision was upheld at the highest court in the land, and the precedent set - if the AMA or anyone medical tried to cause a restraint of trade of any other group it would be practically indefensible.

THe NBME should not be lending credibility to the DNP with its little test - but , ooops, too late - and they certainly are not going to stop giving any test that makes money. In fact I think its easy to foresee a DNP step 1, step 2 and step 3 - but to make sure we have more credibility NBME will have to come out with a USMLE step 4. THen when nurses get a step 4 , the NBME will help keep us ahead in the arms race with a USMLE step 5.

But having a test issued by the National Board of MEDICAL Examiners adds credibility to the idea that nurses are doctors of something to do with medicine. Damn, how many of us would love to back door a doctor of something in medicine that way - no 80+ hour weeks in residency and 30 hour shifts.

Members don't see this ad.

I think a huge part of the answer lies with state govt legislation. The states need to define medicine in such a way that :
1) medicine has exclusive rights to direct primary care (portal of entry) involved with the treatment of disease (as opposed to injury). Chiro's and PT's can treat injury and in most states DC's can diagnose disease (for the purpose of referral). This would make nurses who treat disease need to be associated with a medical doctor. This will be tough, because something like 7 states already allow NP's autonomy. However laws can change - naturopaths had access to DEA numbers in some states and then lost that privilege. NP's could lose privileges if it can be shown to be in the states best interest and the right people be influenced. This way anyone being a portal of entry/direct access for treating disease would be guilty of practicing medicine (I believe Missouri law reads this way and as a result NP's must practice under an MD). The law could specify certain tasks that can only be carried out by MD's or under the auspices of an MD like ordering blood tests, etc.
2) the law needs to state that nursing is NOT the practice of medicine (I believe Illinois law says this about nursing, chiropractic and PT).
3) The specialties need to be the exclusive domain of medicine - and that anyone with the basic schooling to be eligible for specialty training (all MD's and DO's) are within the boundaries of "medicine", and can direct subordinate healthcare providers to carry out tasks as directed by a real medical doctor. The law can stipulate certain courses taken and certain amounts of hours and also stipulate residency training. I think its illinois that lists certain courses necessary to obtain a medical license. This would prohibit anyone without the specific training and credentials from practicing independantly within the medical (not nursing) field.
4) Law needs to specify damages for permitting people to believe you are a medical doctor, not clearly identifying yourself as a doctor of something other than medicine - such as loss of licensure and jail time

I am not sure this is the answer, but you might be right. I just know when MD's tried to do this to chiropractors it back fired. The best days of chiropractic were circa deep throat and the anti-trust lawsuit. Every time an MD said NOT to see a chiropractor, 2 came in my door as a result. CHiropractors took it to the US District court and then the AMA appealed to the US Supreme court where the decision was upheld - however DC's (doctors of chiropractic) made the mistake to not ask for a single penney - instead they just wanted the AMA to agree to let MD's refer to DC's and work with DC's (which the AMA forbade any of its members to do prior to the lawsuit) - Yeah that was a stupid thing for the DC's to do, that did nothing. DC's should have taken every penney they could.

To teach patients that DNP's are some sort of fraud is a potential anti-trust lawsuit, and the AMA et all certainly realized its a mistake to be AGAINST any other group - they also realize they got lucky DC's did not ask for ANY punitive damages whatsoever. THe decision was upheld at the highest court in the land, and the precedent set - if the AMA or anyone medical tried to cause a restraint of trade of any other group it would be practically indefensible.

THe NBME should not be lending credibility to the DNP with its little test - but , ooops, too late - and they certainly are not going to stop giving any test that makes money. In fact I think its easy to foresee a DNP step 1, step 2 and step 3 - but to make sure we have more credibility NBME will have to come out with a USMLE step 4. THen when nurses get a step 4 , the NBME will help keep us ahead in the arms race with a USMLE step 5.

But having a test issued by the National Board of MEDICAL Examiners adds credibility to the idea that nurses are doctors of something to do with medicine. Damn, how many of us would love to back door a doctor of something in medicine that way - no 80+ hour weeks in residency and 30 hour shifts.
dude,

how the F can a nurse even take step 1. Then havent even taken a basic chemistry class with a lab. Remember those classes that you took for 3 years straight where you had a lab that lasted for 4 hours. My chem labs were invariably on a fri afternoon from 1-5. How can anyone take someone seriously if they havent even taken the basic chemistry classes and math classes. At least if you want to claim equivalence to physicians.. minimum is to require rigorous undergrad work in science.

50%, and the sad thing was that this were the top guns of the DNP program, the students of Ms Mundinger little diabolic experiment.

In light of this DNP epicFAIL, it's hard for me to watch this and not think of Mundunger:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gjXZdT0Qqw[/YOUTUBE]

10-1!

dude,

how the F can a nurse even take step 1. Then havent even taken a basic chemistry class with a lab. Remember those classes that you took for 3 years straight where you had a lab that lasted for 4 hours. My chem labs were invariably on a fri afternoon from 1-5. How can anyone take someone seriously if they havent even taken the basic chemistry classes and math classes. At least if you want to claim equivalence to physicians.. minimum is to require rigorous undergrad work in science.

Well I was being somewhat facetious in making the point that NBME greed could be fueling their support of a DNP exam. But it is still a very likely scenario - and a nursing step 1 would be different than the USMLE step 1. I foresee NBME and nurses dumbing the DNP (step 1) down a bit so more could pass - then making it mandatory and not optional. This is basically sort of what happened with step 2 CS - only FMG's had to take it, then NBME realized if EVERYONE had to take it, then its mo money, mo money, mo money. Kaching. I was being somewhat facetious, but I do think the ultimate play out of this will be something similar

Well I was being somewhat facetious in making the point that NBME greed could be fueling their support of a DNP exam. But it is still a very likely scenario - and a nursing step 1 would be different than the USMLE step 1. I foresee NBME and nurses dumbing the DNP (step 1) down a bit so more could pass - then making it mandatory and not optional. This is basically sort of what happened with step 2 CS - only FMG's had to take it, then NBME realized if EVERYONE had to take it, then its mo money, mo money, mo money. Kaching. I was being somewhat facetious, but I do think the ultimate play out of this will be something similar

I wouldnt be surprise if the NBME in its quest to make more money would be praying for DNP's to practice medicine!!!

The NBME is driven by money and not the safety of who practice medicine.

nbme is making 24 mil on that exam per year step 2 cs

Please fellow physicians if you want to voice your opinion throughout all the DNP topics do a search with the word DNP. There are several topics in unknown places talking about DNP that for some reason SDN has decided to move from their original forums!!

thanks!!!

I was cruising allnurses yesterday, ran across a great thread where they claimed that the large number of "ethics, statistics, and management" courses in the DNP curriculum was not fluff, since "that's what they teach in medical school too".

:laugh:

to what medical school did I go to then!! I only got 3 credits of medical ethics. 3 credits of statistics. 0, zero, nada of management.

This nurses just to "prove" a point sound so stupid/out of whack sometimes!!!

Another NP lie

I was cruising allnurses yesterday, ran across a great thread where they claimed that the large number of "ethics, statistics, and management" courses in the DNP curriculum was not fluff, since "that's what they teach in medical school too".

:confused::laugh::laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl:

And here I thought the sweet innocent nurses sole purpose in this world was to bridge the primary care gap and provide care for the uninsured souls of this world who the big bad physician refused to see because of finances.

Then I found this jem:
http://allnurses.com/nurse-practitioners-np/cash-only-practice-366379.html

read and enjoy.

oh brother.. nice find.. really nice f ind . Infact you should copy this link(we should all) and send it to the heads of all the boards and some legislatures. Geez.

And here I thought the sweet innocent nurses sole purpose in this world was to bridge the primary care gap and provide care for the uninsured souls of this world who the big bad physician refused to see because of finances.

Then I found this jem:
http://allnurses.com/nurse-practitioners-np/cash-only-practice-366379.html

read and enjoy.

and this my friend is WHY we must fight the DNP and everything that is nurse related to independence of practice with everything that we got. Im with Maceo, that seem so kumbaya when talking about the DNP and how its going to be used to practice in places where no doctor is available and BOOM you come up with this nurses wanting to play doctor.

WE NEED TO CONTACT THE ABIM, FSBM, NBME, ACP, AMA about the DNP topic and nurse independence.

here's an idea, do what I did, work as a RN and then if you feel that you should be an MD/DO go to med school. It's upsetting to me that it seems that this idea developed out of "oh I didn't excepted to MD or DO schools, here's my next backup plan DN school.

DO schools already are flooded with students that don't really want to be DOs, they just want to be doctors. I'm not trying to start a fight, it's just true, and those of you in DO schools who wanted to be there know the classmates I'm talking about.

Anyway, seems like it's a matter of taking the easy way out, I mean you can get your ADNS in two years and if you already had a BS in something you have 4 more years in med school, so why not spend the 6 years that way if you want to be a RN and MD/DO.

What I wouldn't give for a transcript of Tired's thoughts while he's "cruising" allnurses...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Might have been similar to mine.

Re: DNP's failing the test????
Originally Posted by physasst
Wow, so the DNP's are taking part of the USMLE exams. Likely a version of step 1.

"By this fall, the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) will begin offering part of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) – the physicians’ medical board exam – as certification of DNPs’ advanced training. Passing that exam is "intended to provide further evidence to the public that DNP certificants are qualified to provide comprehensive patient care," according to the Council for the Advancement of Comprehensive Care (CACC), a consortium of academic and health policy leaders promoting the clinical doctoral degree for primary care nurses."

http://www.physiciansnews.com/cover/508.html

Well, the results are in......not so good. 45 DNP's tested have a pass rate of 50%........pretty horrible, especially when you consider the medical student pass rate is like 96-97%.

DNP advocates, how do you explain this? I'm curious to see the responses.

http://www.abcc.dnpcert.org/exam_performance.shtml

BTW, the NBME designed, or at least helped with the NCCPA exam for PA's. SO no, I am not trying to stir the pot, but the suggestion has been made in other threads that perhaps we should compare physicians to NP's, to see if physicians measure up. Apparently so.
Something tells me that exam was a little watered down from Step 3 USMLE. Regardless, this is not an exam that should be difficult to pass considering the vast clinical experience that NP's have over those green interns. The interns don't even really have much time to study for it-- as they say in med school, "Two months for Step 1, two weeks for Step 2, and a number 2 pencil for Step 3."

from http://allnurses.com/nurse-practitioners-np/dnps-failing-test-375228.html

I hope after 4 yrs of med school and a year of internship I can pass a Step 3 with out spending a ton of time studying.

Ronnie Coleman is a world reknowned bodybuilder who said the following: "Everyone wanna get big but noone wants to lift heavy weights".

Similar philosophy applies here: "everyone wants to be a doctor but noone wants to go through medical school"

Ronnie Coleman is a world reknowned bodybuilder who said the following: "Everyone wanna get big but noone wants to lift heavy weights".

Similar philosophy applies here: "everyone wants to be a doctor but noone wants to go through medical school"

exactly, they want the easy way in.

well, next week we do have an exam covering about 200 pages of behavioral medicine/EBM.

Of course in the same week we also have exams over ~350 pages renal/endocrine phys, 10 anatomy lectures, 150 pages histo, a 50 slide histo practical, half of a neuro textbook, etc etc etc and this will actually be a pretty easy test week.. lol.

Hi all, I'm a crusty old (okay, 27yo) ICU nurse-turned-MSII. I posted this on a different forum~

What I hear from the nursing sector is this: you can do everything a doctor can, you can call yourself doctor, you can get paid about as much as a doctor, you can have better hours, and you don't even have to worry about the liability (generally all true). Plus it takes less than half the time (also true)! That implies that nurses don't need the extra education, licensing exams and residency to do what doctors do.

I would love to see nursing have a doctorate for clinical practice, however, their scope and GOALS of care need to be more specific than they are currently. This is the difference between nurses and, say, physical therapists or counselors or physicists. A physical therapist does physical therapy. A nurse practitioner does....whatever their physician lets them do. Nurses need a job description that clearly delineates what they do specifically that is more appropriate to be handled in their own realm than in the physician's.

Nurses with a terminal degree should NOT be dependent on physicians to practice their separate field. If a case is out of their realm of expertise, they should consult that physician just like a family practice doc would consult a cardiologist. A question here or there makes perfect sense (docs do that amongst themselves all the time), but shouldn't mean the doc is ultimately responsible and liable.

Furthermore, keeping nurses dependent on physicians for their practice further perpetuates the stereotype of the nurse-as-handmaiden.

I hate to see my former profession seems to strive so hard to be just like physicians, when they have so much to offer that can be done better and differently than physicians (including provide patient education, manage certain patients, and perform some procedures). Why not embrace it, standardize it, and practice it independently?

~It seems to me there are two kinds of nurses that want to go for the DNP. Nurses who've always wanted to be nurses and are quite smart and want to learn the most they can but still be in clinical practice (the nursing PhD is geared more toward research). Then there's nurses who wanted to be doctors first but were concerned about family commitments or the sacrifice involved or were too old to go for MD (that *was* me).
~IMHO, nursing is a COMPLETELY SEPARATE field that shares some overlap with medicine. I thought the reason for advanced practice nursing was to manage straightforward cases in areas where there were provider shortages, with the understanding that NPs could spend more time with the patient and focus on prevention and wellness. I have no idea why on earth nursing is even interested in practicing medicine.
~Re: NPs working "under" a doctor. No way, Jose. I have a few nurse friends who became NPs and can't wait for me to become a doc so we can "practice together". That would be all well and good, but as long as I am responsible and liable for their decisions, I really do not feel comfortable with that. I know what nursing is like: you have 5 mins to get your point across, so you leave "impertinent" information out. BUT since you don't know what you don't know, there is no way you would know what you missed, and the physician has absolutely no idea what actually happened in the clinic or how the patient even presented. *The nurse just wants you to sign the chart so s/he can practice however s/he wants.* Hello! Nurses love charting "Dr. ____ notified of the above." They think it absolves them of any liability....oh wait, it kind of does currently.
~This mess is in part due to physicians passively agreeing to the NP model. By signing their charts and agreeing with their care provision, you are basically saying that their care is equivalent to your level. By not seeing the patient yourself, or agreeing to be the physician-of-record without knowing what is actually done, you are saying that the NP is an appropriate substitute. Therefore, by your enabling, the NP feels confident to take on ANY case independently. You haven't given them any sign that they can't.
~I think if we actually gave NPs independent rights (along with full liability), they would realize they're in over their heads and do a little self-regulating, at least on an individual level. If not, patients will suffer, and it will take that much longer for the problem to correct itself (legally and credentialing-wise).
~I wholeheartedly agree with the PP who went to nursing school--nursing education doesn't hold a candle to medical education. Not even close. If RNs want to be just like doctors, then they can start 4-year (rigorous, medically-oriented) DNP schools with minimum 3-year residency requirements, CME, and all 3 steps, just like the DOs did. I personally think that would be a shame, since nursing can offer so much outside of medicine.

(ps-in my state, nurses aren't even required to do continuing education to keep their licenses!)

I hate to see my former profession seems to strive so hard to be just like physicians, when they have so much to offer that can be done better and differently than physicians (including provide patient education, manage certain patients, and perform some procedures). Why not embrace it, standardize it, and practice it independently?

I'm a really old nurse and I agree with you. NPs and DNPs really need to identify their own niche and promote it. Medicine has failed with some patients and maybe nurses can focus on them. I used to be a trauma junkie, but there is nothing more fun than a patient who has seen every specialist there is and has no relief. Over on allnurses, I posted a list of courses I'd like to take if I ever even thought about going the DNP route:

Risk Reduction
Clinical Microbiology
Radiology
Medical Anthropology
Psychopharmacology
Primary Meds Pharmacology
Psychopathology
Electrocardiology
Women's Health
Peds
Gerontology
Epidemiology
Biostatistics
Current Issues in Health Psychology
Ethical and Professional Issues
Public Health/Environmental Health
Occupational Health
Nutrition
Psychology of Chronic Disease
Health Behavior Change
Psychoneuroimmunology
Herbal Pharmacology
2-3,000 hours of clinical

I surely don't want any health policy or management courses.

I'm a really old nurse and I agree with you. NPs and DNPs really need to identify their own niche and promote it. Medicine has failed with some patients and maybe nurses can focus on them. I used to be a trauma junkie, but there is nothing more fun than a patient who has seen every specialist there is and has no relief. Over on allnurses, I posted a list of courses I'd like to take if I ever even thought about going the DNP route:

Risk Reduction
Clinical Microbiology
Radiology
Medical Anthropology
Psychopharmacology
Psychopathology
Electrocardiology
Women's Health
Peds
Gerontology
Epidemiology
Biostatistics
Occupational Health
Nutrition
Health Behavior Change
Psychoneuroimmunology
Herbal Pharmacology

sounds like you should go to medical school.. The real kind

sounds like you should go to medical school.. The real kind

And how would that help me with patients that are "medical failures?":cool:

And how would that help me with patients that are "medical failures?":cool:

If they are "medical Failures" and have seen many specialist, these are obviously difficult or rare cases. In which case you would need the highest amount of knowledge available which I believe is med school.

If they are "medical Failures" and have seen many specialist, these are obviously difficult or rare cases. In which case you would need the highest amount of knowledge available which I believe is med school.

Read this v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y: "Medical failures" are the cases that have made the rounds to all the specialists and they are at a loss as what to do. So, how would going to medical school help?

Read this v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y: "Medical failures" are the cases that have made the rounds to all the specialists and they are at a loss as what to do. So, how would going to medical school help?

so a DNP will solve this medical failures that specialist with 7-10 years of training and x or y of practicing cant solve?? WOW!!

Another reason why to oppose this joke call DNP certificate!!!!

Certainly not all, but a lot of these cases are nebulous pain syndromes or psychiatric issues, and I'm all for giving you a whack at them. ;)

The problem with independent DNP practice is that it straddles two philosophies that make no sense in concert. If we want to say that there is no rule as to who can and cannot do what, eliminate all licensing, and let private institutions credential their own workers and contracters, I'm ok with that. One might state in that sort of situation that "learning on the job" or "equivelancy" makes sense. However, if we want to establish a licensing standard, we cannot create a seperate group and "license" them even though they don't meet the standard. It lulls the public into believing that quality control exists that does not. It certainly makes no sense to create a world in which we continuously up the ante for what physicians have to go through to get licensed and then create a backdoor for a select group. It actually creates a competitive advantage for the inferiorly trained group.

Have you guys heard about the movement of air flight attendants wanting to become pilots? Or the paralegals wanting more power as judges??

So nurses want to become doctors w/o going through the specific courses/preparation.

Risk Reduction
Clinical Microbiology
Radiology
Medical Anthropology
Psychopharmacology
Psychopathology
Electrocardiology
Women's Health
Peds
Gerontology
Epidemiology
Biostatistics
Occupational Health
Nutrition
Health Behavior Change
Psychoneuroimmunology
Herbal Pharmacology

So you want to be more like a naturopathic medical doctor

The problem with independent DNP practice is that it straddles two philosophies that make no sense in concert. If we want to say that there is no rule as to who can and cannot do what, eliminate all licensing, and let private institutions credential their own workers and contracters, I'm ok with that. One might state in that sort of situation that "learning on the job" or "equivelancy" makes sense. However, if we want to establish a licensing standard, we cannot create a seperate group and "license" them even though they don't meet the standard. It lulls the public into believing that quality control exists that does not. It certainly makes no sense to create a world in which we continuously up the ante for what physicians have to go through to get licensed and then create a backdoor for a select group. It actually creates a competitive advantage for the inferiorly trained group.

you have wisdom beyond your years miami. Thats what is going on. They are constantly producing more and more and more hoops for docs to go through to practice and get licensed. First they made residency longer for everyone. they tacked on 2 years across the board . They they made everyone take the usmle all three steps. Previously, you were allowed take what you call the flex exam which was I believe one 2 day exam at the end of medical school. and that was it. This was inlieu of the NBME parts 1 2 and 3 which was the former name of the exams we take today. Now the three steps are not enough. You have to take another step 2 cs. which was before my time. Im not even mentioning what they make you go through for licensing. SOme states you have to get a letter from your parochial school principal. Enter the CRNAs and DNP. Thye finish nursing school... go to 2 years of dnp school and boom they claim they can work independently. My point is they are making it harder and harder for us to practice and making it easier and easier for nurses to get degrees to practice independently

Ive never heard the term medical failure ever. is that a term coined in nursing school? to define nursing students? what exactly is it and provide me with some literature supporting your definition.

I dont mind patients who are refractory to conventional treatments to seek treatments from acupuncturist, etc etc. but what is a nurse practicioner going to offer them? that a physician cant?

and read this very s l o w l y g o b a c k t o a l l n u r s e s w h e r e y o u b e l o n g

Ive never heard the term medical failure ever. is that a term coined in nursing school? to define nursing students? what exactly is it and provide me with some literature supporting your definition.

I dont mind patients who are refractory to conventional treatments to seek treatments from acupuncturist, etc etc. but what is a nurse practicioner going to offer them? that a physician cant?

and read this very s l o w l y g o b a c k t o a l l n u r s e s w h e r e y o u b e l o n g

I think medical failure is the term used in nursing school for pt that very well prepared physicians cant find a cure for but nurses with there master and 0 years of residency can!!!

This is getting better!!!

Risk Reduction
Clinical Microbiology
Radiology
Medical Anthropology
Psychopharmacology
Psychopathology
Electrocardiology
Women's Health
Peds
Gerontology
Epidemiology
Biostatistics
Occupational Health
Nutrition
Health Behavior Change
Psychoneuroimmunology
Herbal Pharmacology

More than half of those courses you want sound like the non-credit electives we take at our school during our free time. How about getting some more real courses in there instead of the fluff you wrote up.

Risk Reduction
Clinical Microbiology
Radiology
Medical Anthropology
Psychopharmacology
Psychopathology
Electrocardiology
Women's Health
Peds
Gerontology
Epidemiology
Biostatistics
Occupational Health
Nutrition
Health Behavior Change
Psychoneuroimmunology
Herbal Pharmacology

what is electro cardiology? what a dault!!!!!!!!

Risk Reduction
Clinical Microbiology
Radiology
Medical Anthropology
Psychopharmacology
Psychopathology
Electrocardiology
Women's Health
Peds
Gerontology
Epidemiology
Biostatistics
Occupational Health
Nutrition
Health Behavior Change
Psychoneuroimmunology
Herbal Pharmacology

Every single one of these "courses" was either a course unto itself or part of a broader course that I took in medical school. I assume that "electrocardiology" is actually learning how to read an EKG. The exception would be anthropology, which I took anyway as part of my major in undergrad. I reached 3000 clinical hours approximately 80% of the way through my third year of medical school. Another way of putting that would be that I had achieved every single one of these goals at 0.80 years of 2 clinical years before receiving my MD. At that point, I cannot get a license that even entitles me to work as a generalist (which probably means urgent or express care in this day and age) unsupervised without another 1-3 years, depending on the state. If I actually want to practice a specialty, I will be expected to do ATLEAST 6-7 times the clinical work (and often much more) than is on your list.

Certainly not all, but a lot of these cases are nebulous pain syndromes or psychiatric issues, and I'm all for giving you a whack at them. ;)

Appreciate your business :D

So you want to be more like a naturopathic medical doctor

No, I want to be aware of the herbal medicines that patients are taking (often because they feel you have not helped them) and drug/herbal interactions. You know like the lady on K+ who was taking a herbal supplement and came in with a K+ of 9!

Sounds like you need more help than a nurse can offer. Visit your friend google and enter "medical failures."

Well when you come down with these "medical failure" ailments you can go see your DNP friends. I'll go see the specialist physician.

Every single one of these "courses" was either a course unto itself or part of a broader course that I took in medical school. I assume that "electrocardiology" is actually learning how to read an EKG. The exception would be anthropology, which I took anyway as part of my major in undergrad. I reached 3000 clinical hours approximately 80% of the way through my third year of medical school. Another way of putting that would be that I had achieved every single one of these goals at 0.80 years of 2 clinical years before receiving my MD. At that point, I cannot get a license that even entitles me to work as a generalist (which probably means urgent or express care in this day and age) unsupervised without another 1-3 years, depending on the state. If I actually want to practice a specialty, I will be expected to do ATLEAST 6-7 times the clinical work (and often much more) than is on your list.

...I posted a list of courses I'd like to take if I ever even thought about going the DNP route:
Nothing more; nothing less.

Well when you come down with these "medical failure" ailments you can go see your DNP friends. I'll go see the specialist physician.

I don't know any DNPs. Just wondering where do you go when all the specialists throw up their hands. That's what I'm asking. What's your answer?

I don't know any DNPs. Just wondering where do you go when all the specialists throw up their hands. That's what I'm asking. What's your answer?

wikipedia. Its online just like those DNP courses.

^ That made my night.

Sounds like you need more help than a nurse can offer. Visit your friend google and enter "medical failures."

yeah i googled medical failure. And i what came up was a giant picture of you