Nova Southeastern University (NSU) - Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats, Im rooting for you. I'm waiting for my GPA to be calculated to get an interview. Maybe we'll see each other there. Ft. Lauderdale or Palm Beach campus?
Ye, maybe! I am interviewing for the Ft. Lauderdale campus

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody hear back yet from interviews this month?

Just got accepted to Fort Lauderdale campus!! So happy because this was my top choice!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I swear, its like pearson waits until the last day of the 5th week to post your pcat scores.

Just interviewed yesterday. How long does it take to hear?

How was it in comparison to Lecom interview? Which campus?

I think a group of people just got their acceptance, so it might take a few weeks to hear back. Best way to know how long they will take is to ask Jeffrey, he will give you a good estimate :)

congrats. happy for you.
Thank you! i hope you hear back for an interview soon!

Like Nejixrocks said a bunch of people just got accepted because the committee met on January 30th last friday so I doubt they will meet again before next friday they probably want to have a couple more interview days so they can review people all at once, i think thats why they had the committee meeting this past friday because the interview dates for january were 14, 21, 23 and 26

I applied late November and didn't receive my interview until last week...I'm a little discouraged :(

They're my top choice

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who are accepted or invited for an interview.... Do you mind posting your stats? GPA, experience, Pcat,

For those who are accepted or invited for an interview.... Do you mind posting your stats? GPA, experience, Pcat,
GPA 3.49
Pcat
composite 59%
verbal 82%
bio 79%
chem 56%
reading comp 36%
quantitiative 27%

no pharmacy experience but 8 years at a veterinarian's office and a lot of community service activities

Did they post your pcat scores yet?

YES!!!

Today, my PCAT and GPA are calculated. I'll post my stats.

3.6 Science GPA
3.5 Overall GPA
2.9 Math GPA (yes, I know this sucks).

PCAT 98%

Submitted the supplemental application last night.
I really hope I can somehow get an interview on the 20th. Really excited.

Does anybody know how I will be notified of the interview?

Best of luck to everyone here. For those applying, I hope we all get in.

Just got an interview for PBA.

NOVA is currently reviewing my app and they told me I can expect an invite by this week.

Crossing my fingers.

For pba they told me at the interview that unless u really blow your interview then u are generally accepted because they don't give many interviews... After that interview usually hear back after 6 days acceptance or not....nova will email an invite for them it took 12 days for my acceptance

For pba they told me at the interview that unless u really blow your interview then u are generally accepted because they don't give many interviews... After that interview usually hear back after 6 days acceptance or not....nova will email an invite for them it took 12 days for my acceptance

Yea, I called and the lady just gave me an interview on the spot. While she was reviewing my application she said, "WOW". I guess thats a good thing. She offered me two days and I took the later date because I have something happening on the other date. I hope that doesn't look bad.

So you also interviewed at PBA? What made you choose NOVA instead? Was it just the price? Also, what was your impression of the school?

So you also interviewed at PBA? What made you choose NOVA instead? Was it just the price? Also, what was your impression of the school?
I interviews at lecom, pba and nova. Accepted at all three but chose nova because it was cheaper, pba makes you go to chapel 12 times a semester and not that there's anything wrong with that but I'm not very religious, also pba makes you do 40 hours community service a semester, nova was closer by 30 minutes to my house, and nova lets you wear scrubs or business casual appealed to me I have a ton of scrubs from work

I really liked nova I like the big campus aspect and having other healthcare professions students around and I already knew great things about it because my neighbors are a married couple graduate in 2011 from nova and I know current students are p2 and p4 I went to school with

I really liked nova I like the big campus aspect and having other healthcare professions students around and I already knew great things about it because my neighbors are a married couple graduate in 2011 from nova and I know current students are p2 and p4 I went to school with

Yea. I kind of feel the same way. I mean I will get in where I fit in at the end of the day but I REALLY want NOVA. Its closer to my house by a whole hour. PBA is like 2 hours from me. 40 hours of community service a semester? Are you sure? That seems like a very significant amount of time that should be spent studying.

Do you have any advice for the interview at PBA and at NOVA? How were they different? Were you like being interrogated harshly?

Do you have any advice for the interview at PBA and at NOVA? How were they different? Were you like being interrogated harshly?
40 hours is what I read on this forum somewhere might not to be accurate but I know there is some certain amount due, pba u interview with a professor and a student for 15 minutes then switch to another pair, they time it so u don't go over, at nova they interview with 2 professors until u and them feel you are done, they were friendly at both but the nova one seemed more conservative and not as loose if you know what I mean I laughed and joked with them more at the pba one

40 hours is what I read on this forum somewhere might not to be accurate but I know there is some certain amount due, pba u interview with a professor and a student for 15 minutes then switch to another pair, they time it so u don't go over, at nova they interview with 2 professors until u and them feel you are done, they were friendly at both but the nova one seemed more conservative and not as loose if you know what I mean I laughed and joked with them more at the pba one

Hmmm, I see. good to know. What kind of things they ask you? Personal questions? A lot about your grades?

Hmmm, I see. good to know. What kind of things they ask you? Personal questions? A lot about your grades?

Mine was really laid back. They asked me to tell them about myself. They also asked what other schools I applied to and how Nova ranked among my options. It wasn't bad at all. :)

Did they ask you about your grades or pcat ?
If you got a bad grade, or a average or bellow average PCAT, its very likely they will ask you about it. They want to know the reason why you got the bad grade and what you did to improve.

1 day after my application was verified, PBA called me and scheduled me for an interview. They received my supplemental, my pharmcas application and I was all set to go. They seem to really value me. Other times I called before, the lady always called me back when she missed my call.

I know NOVA is a great school and I really want to go there but I can't help but think they don't care or don't have time for me. I received a call from admissions saying my application was missing some information and wouldn't go to the board for review until I fixed the problem. I called NOVA and they told me they can't see my pharmcas or my supplemental even though I have submitted everything. They told me to call Pharmcas to make sure they forwarded my information over. I call pharmcas, and they're like "What are you talking about. We don't forward anything anywhere. Your school should be able to see your information already". I call back NOVA and somebody was suppose to get back to me but never did. Am I over reacting? I am completely Okay with waiting it out, I'm just trying to find out if there is an issue with my application. If they hadn't called me, I would have never called them, I would have just waited for an interview, even if it took a whole month.

Anybody experience something like this? So much for the 2/20 interview.

Palm beach seems like s much better school overall however it's more expensive.

I have an interview for the palm beach campus of nova. Had anyone interviewed there or know any info about it because there is very limited information about that campus ? I heard you can go to any campus for lectures, is this true?

1 day after my application was verified, PBA called me and scheduled me for an interview. They received my supplemental, my pharmcas application and I was all set to go. They seem to really value me. Other times I called before, the lady always called me back when she missed my call.

I know NOVA is a great school and I really want to go there but I can't help but think they don't care or don't have time for me. I received a call from admissions saying my application was missing some information and wouldn't go to the board for review until I fixed the problem. I called NOVA and they told me they can't see my pharmcas or my supplemental even though I have submitted everything. They told me to call Pharmcas to make sure they forwarded my information over. I call pharmcas, and they're like "What are you talking about. We don't forward anything anywhere. Your school should be able to see your information already". I call back NOVA and somebody was suppose to get back to me but never did. Am I over reacting? I am completely Okay with waiting it out, I'm just trying to find out if there is an issue with my application. If they hadn't called me, I would have never called them, I would have just waited for an interview, even if it took a whole month.

Anybody experience something like this? So much for the 2/20 interview.
This is what happens when you apply this late in the cycle. They talked about this when I interviewed back in October. They get A LOT of applications around this time, and sometimes things can go wrong. I'm gonna send you Jeffrey's email. Hes also from admission; hes a great guy, sure to help you. I also went through something similar as you did when I applied, it seems NOVA uses a weird way to receive PharmCAS applications, but I was able to solve it pretty easily :)

This is what happens when you apply this late in the cycle. They talked about this when I interviewed back in October. They get A LOT of applications around this time, and sometimes things can go wrong. I'm gonna send you Jeffrey's email. Hes also from admission; hes a great guy, sure to help you. I also went through something similar as you did when I applied, it seems NOVA uses a weird way to receive PharmCAS applications, but I was able to solve it pretty easily :)

Ahh, I see. I didn't know that NOVA uses a different system to receive pharmcas application. Now that explains it. I was baffled because I figured if PBA had the application the same day, I figured NOVA would have it as well.

Well I have a PBA interview on the 2/27. The lady offered me 2/20 but I turned it down for NOVA. I think I'm going to call her back now and ask if I can still come on the 20th.

I've already emailed NOVA and left a voicemail. At this point I'm going to back off a little bit and let them just do their thing. Hopefully, they'll get back to me eventually. We'll see I guess. I was just really hoping for a 2/20 interview.

Thanks for your advice though. I will consider contacting him in the future if I have any issues.

Idonthateyou, when is your interview for?

Sorry, I missed your response. My interview is for 2/27. Though, I am considering calling the lady back and taking the 2/20 which she offered me already.

Sorry, I missed your response. My interview is for 2/27. Though, I am considering calling the lady back and taking the 2/20 which she offered me already.

IDont. Email Jeff when you see this! He is pretty good about making some magic happen! His email is [email protected]. He's also really good with Facebook too! Here's the link, he responds to all of our questions in his message box!

https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.jurkas

Don't be afraid to keep bugging him! I'm sure he'd be happy to help you and see where everything is.

Thank you so much man. I spoke with Jeff over the phone today and he was so helpful. He took the time to call me on a national holiday. NOVA is lucky to have him. It turns out I may get the 2/20 interview this week at NOVA after all!..... Jeff is a life saver. Great guy. If you never gave me his number, I probably wouldn't have called him. Thanks man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
IDont. Email Jeff when you see this! He is pretty good about making some magic happen! His email is [email protected]. He's also really good with Facebook too! Here's the link, he responds to all of our questions in his message box!

https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.jurkas

Don't be afraid to keep bugging him! I'm sure he'd be happy to help you and see where everything is.

Yes, he is awesome. Im super happy & excited.

Hopefully I'll be meeting all you guys in the fall. Heh... some of us got the next four years together lol. Lets make the best of it :)

Thank you so much man. I spoke with Jeff over the phone today and he was so helpful. It turns out I may get the 2/20 interview this week at NOVA after all!..... Jeff is a life saver. Great guy. If you never gave me his number, I probably wouldn't have called him. Thanks man.
Those are some really good news! Good luck and enjoy your interview this Friday! :D

Reactions: 1 user
Ya boy got accepted. Got a phone call from Kori this morning.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my interview for NOVA. 3/6/15 ---> GO SHARKS!!! lol.

Later than I expected but who cares, its NOVA

Interview was very nice and the NOVA staff was very friendly!

ya! I was so nervous when I got there, but the current students and the staff made me feel way better :)
Ye! I liked how the entire day had pharmacy students there so that I can get different opinions on the school/answer any question I might have during the day.