Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy Class 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yordy

Reaction score
Hello eveyone!!!
I’m creating this thread for those interested in applying to NSU for Fall 2019 admission. Good luck to all applying.
I applied for early admission, and NSU sent me an email leting me know that they received my application from pharmcas and the next step is to complete the supplemental application which I already did. I received a phone call from them too just to verified my application, so let’s see. By the way, I have not complete my PCAT yet I have it on October 31st.

Good luck again!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello eveyone!!!
I’m creating this thread for those interested in applying to NSU for Fall 2019 admission. Good luck to all applying.
I applied for early admission, and NSU sent me an email leting me know that they received my application from pharmcas and the next step is to complete the supplemental application which I already did. I received a phone call from them too just to verified my application, so let’s see. By the way, I have not complete my PCAT yet I have it on October 31st.

Good luck again!!!

Hey Yordy! I applied to NSU early decision as well and got accepted for the fall 19 cycle. They will most likely wait to get your preliminary pcat scores before they contact you again. Best of luck! And see you next fall hopefully!

Hey Yordy! I applied to NSU early decision as well and got accepted for the fall 19 cycle. They will most likely wait to get your preliminary pcat scores before they contact you again. Best of luck! And see you next fall hopefully!
Oh nice Jeremy, Congratulations!!!!! I hope see you too, I will let you know how it’s going and yes they told me the same thing that once they get my preliminary scores they will contact me. If you don’t mind can I ask you what was your pcat scores? And what study guide you used, as I said I have my Pcat on October 31st and I’m nervous. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh nice Jeremy, Congratulations!!!!! I hope see you too, I will let you know how it’s going and yes they told me the same thing that once they get my preliminary scores they will contact me. If you don’t mind can I ask you what was your pcat scores? And what study guide you used, as I said I have my Pcat on October 31st and I’m nervous. Thank you!!
You'll be just fine! I used Dr. Collins material mostly... What also helped were the 3 Pearson practice tests, some suggest using Kaplan but Kaplan will over prepare you because the material is easier than that. Dr collins helped big time, a lot of the questions are right from the book. I got an 85 composite on my pcat. Don't be nervous! Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
You'll be just fine! I used Dr. Collins material mostly... What also helped were the 3 Pearson practice tests, some suggest using Kaplan but Kaplan will over prepare you because the material is easier than that. Dr collins helped big time, a lot of the questions are right from the book. I still have all my packets if you want them I can sell them to you. I got an 85 composite on my pcat. Don't be nervous! Good luck
Oh ok thank you very much for sharing Jeremy. I’m studying by Dr. Collins too, I have the 2018 version. I also bough the 3 pearson practice tests but I haven’t done it yet I will start it next week. Do you think that for Bio and Chm Dr. Collins is enough? Thank you again for your advice!!!

Attachments

• C793E9C8-477A-4353-BD1A-1750B850E4E6.jpeg
    C793E9C8-477A-4353-BD1A-1750B850E4E6.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 59
save your money any stay at an instate school. NOVA is and always should be a backup. Its a crap joke of a school

Oh ok thank you very much for sharing Jeremy. I’m studying by Dr. Collins too, I have the 2018 version. I also bough the 3 pearson practice tests but I haven’t done it yet I will start it next week. Do you think that for Bio and Chm Dr. Collins is enough? Thank you again for your advice!!!
Yes that's more than enough you will be just fine! Study well!

Yes that's more than enough you will be just fine! Study well!
Hey Jeremy how are you? I’m sorry to bother you again. Let me ask you something do you think that Dr, Collins study guide is enough or it’s too superficial? Also when did you take the pcat? Thank you

Hey Jeremy how are you? I’m sorry to bother you again. Let me ask you something do you think that Dr, Collins study guide is enough or it’s too superficial? Also when did you take the pcat? Thank you
Hey Dr Collins is more than enough, people say his team has the insight to the pcat... Literally some of the questions from his packet is on there. I took the pcat July 11th

Hey Dr Collins is more than enough, people say his team has the insight to the pcat... Literally some of the questions from his packet is on there. I took the pcat July 11th
Ok I feel better now, and for the bio and chm passages do you always read the questions first before reading the actual passage.

Ok I feel better now, and for the bio and chm passages do you always read the questions first before reading the actual passage.
Yeah, just do that and you'll be good. There are questions you can answer without reading the passage but it's best to skim through

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied regular admissions to NOVA for Fall 2019! I just completed my supplemental application on Tuesday

Hello guys,
I have my interview scheduled by the end of November, I received my invitation today. I’m very excited and nervous. Any advice, please??? How did you guys preprare for this interview? What questions should I review? Do you have any guide?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello guys,
I have my interview scheduled by the end of November, I received my invitation today. I’m very excited and nervous. Any advice, please??? How did you guys preprare for this interview? What questions should I review? Do you have any guide?
Thank you.
Congratulations!!! Just go in there and be yourself. You will be interviewed by 2 faculty members... They do a good job of making it a nice and easy environment. Interview is only about 20 minutes long then you take a tour of the campus. You'll be fine!! Don't stress don't worry. Just have $1,000 ready to hold your seat when you get that acceptance ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations!!! Just go in there and be yourself. You will be interviewed by 2 faculty members... They do a good job of making it a nice and easy environment. Interview is only about 20 minutes long then you take a tour of the campus. You'll be fine!! Don't stress don't worry. Just have $1,000 ready to hold your seat when you get that acceptance ;)
Thank you. Oh wow $1000? Thanks for inform me, hahaha. Another question, did you get their response of acceptance the same day? Do the faculty member know your grades or Pcat score, or they see it after the interview?

Thank you. Oh wow $1000? Thanks for inform me, hahaha. Another question, did you get their response of acceptance the same day? Do the faculty member know your grades or Pcat score, or they see it after the interview?
All the faculty members see is your personal statement. There is a seperate person you meet with that specifically goes over your grades. You will find out your acceptance status in about 2 weeks!

Does anyone know when Nova usually starts interviewing regular admission?

All the faculty members see is your personal statement. There is a seperate person you meet with that specifically goes over your grades. You will find out your acceptance status in about 2 weeks!
Oh ok and that person who goes over my grades will ask me questions about a low grade or somethig like that? I know a person who was accepted with a pcat score of 20 and a science GPA of 3.1 but I still nervous since this is my dream. Thank you for all the information and advice.

Oh ok and that person who goes over my grades will ask me questions about a low grade or somethig like that? I know a person who was accepted with a pcat score of 20 and a science GPA of 3.1 but I still nervous since this is my dream. Thank you for all the information and advice.
yes that person will ask what you used to study for pcat and also if you had any low grades why you got them. You will be fine as long as your pcat is >55. Don't worry, my academics weren't the greatest and I got in! The interview is all about personality :)

yes that person will ask what you used to study for pcat and also if you had any low grades why you got them. You will be fine as long as your pcat is >55. Don't worry, my academics weren't the greatest and I got in! The interview is all about personality :)
Thank you very much for all the info and help. :) I will let you know how it goes.

Hey guys so Nova sent me an email this morning to schedule my interview!! Although when I click on the scheduling link, it only shows me one date and that date absolutely does not work due to a final. I’m wondering if I can call Nova to schedule another date :/

Hey guys so Nova sent me an email this morning to schedule my interview!! Although when I click on the scheduling link, it only shows me one date and that date absolutely does not work due to a final. I’m wondering if I can call Nova to schedule another date :/
Hello, yes call them as soon as possible you can reschedule the date, in the email you can also see the email address to notify them, but If I were you I will call them.

Hello guys,
Thank you.
Hey! When did you schedule your interview for??

Do you remember roughly how long (hours) the Nova interview day was? :)

Hey Jeremy, can you share what questions they asked you? Please!!!
Thank you.

Hey Jeremy, can you share what questions they asked you? Please!!!
Thank you.
Sure, so my situation is a little different because since i was a pharmacy technician they asked me more technician based questions - but they asked "describe a time when you had to be a leader", "what made you choose pharmacy" "have you had any challenges in your life thus far" those are just some of the main ones I remember! Don't forget that it's fine to ask them questions as well!

Reactions: 1 users
Sure, so my situation is a little different because since i was a pharmacy technician they asked me more technician based questions - but they asked "describe a time when you had to be a leader", "what made you choose pharmacy" "have you had any challenges in your life thus far" those are just some of the main ones I remember! Don't forget that it's fine to ask them questions as well!
Thank you very much for share Jeremy :) . And yes people have told me that if they ask me if I have any questions for them say yes and ask them.

Hey, how are you? How was your interview?
Hi! I actually ended up calling Nova and asking for a later interview date because all dates showing for me were during finals week (I have a really heavy course load this semester) and then I'll be out of state visiting family for the holidays. They were super understanding and said they would schedule me for early Jan interview! How did your interview go??

Hi there! I have a question about the letters of recommendation for Nova Southeastern. I have been out of college for over 2 years now so I was only able to get in contact with one science professor. I have three letters but one is from professor, one is from my employer, and one is from a pharmacist. Do you think this will be ok?

Hi! I actually ended up calling Nova and asking for a later interview date because all dates showing for me were during finals week (I have a really heavy course load this semester) and then I'll be out of state visiting family for the holidays. They were super understanding and said they would schedule me for early Jan interview! How did your interview go??
Hello, how are you? Sorry for the late response.Well the interview was good, they treated me very good, my interviewers were nice and friendly. My interview was based on situations but it was not difficult I think they just want to see that you can work in group and help people. I got accepted!!!! I’m very happy, I got the call from the counselor that same week on Friday and my interview was on Wed, so it was super fast, my friends were also accepted. If you have any questions let me know. Good luck.

Hi there! I have a question about the letters of recommendation for Nova Southeastern. I have been out of college for over 2 years now so I was only able to get in contact with one science professor. I have three letters but one is from professor, one is from my employer, and one is from a pharmacist. Do you think this will be ok?
In my opinion you should call the counselor and ask because according to the admission requirements you need three letters of reference from the pre-professional committee or if such a committee does not exist, letters of reference from two science professors and one liberal arts professor. A letter of reference from a pharmacist may substitute one letter from a professor in either subject. I hope this could help you. Good luck!

Hello, how are you? Sorry for the late response.Well the interview was good, they treated me very good, my interviewers were nice and friendly. My interview was based on situations but it was not difficult I think they just want to see that you can work in group and help people. I got accepted!!!! I’m very happy, I got the call from the counselor that same week on Friday and my interview was on Wed, so it was super fast, my friends were also accepted. If you have any questions let me know. Good luck.
Told you Yordy.... Congrats see you next fall!

Yeah you told me Jeremy, Thank you very much for all your advice, see you next fall, I can’t wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Omg!! Congratulations! I scheduled my interview for Jan 14th :)

I’m so nervous to find out if I was accepted or not we were told 2-4 weeks. Max 6 weeks for a decision. Sooooo long

Hey Yordy! So I got an acceptance call this morning from Nova!! I’m so excited!

Hello eveyone!!!

Good luck again!!!
Hi! Did you have to submit your recommendation letters and transcripts again? I applied early decision and filling out the supplemental application.