***\ Northwestern University Feinberg SOM Class of 2011!!! /***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bubblehead-to-MD

Emergency Blow!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay everyone! I'll be the first to make the bold move to start the Class of 2011 at NU thread!

Although the status page still has 2006 information for Second Look Weekend, I believe it is going to be from April 12 - 14 this year. Is anyone else planning to attend?

Congrats to all of the November acceptees!!! Good luck to everyone hoping to hear from the school in February/March!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hahaha, I thought I'd take a peak at Northwestern's page, and found this. I'll be at second look, for sure. Still waiting for my letter in the mail. In the meantime, I printed up those status pages so that I can yell and point at the evidence if they secretly declined me.

Letter received, now I can really be happy about the acceptance. Can't wait for 2nd look.

Members don't see this ad :)
Danjo, how do you know when all the second look weekends will be? :D And hmm, Feinberg and Pitt at the same time?

Danjo, how do you know when all the second look weekends will be? :D And hmm, Feinberg and Pitt at the same time?

I called the Office of Admissions this afternoon. They are well aware of the status page issue with last year's information. When I asked about Second Look Weekend, I was transferred to the voicemail of the special events coordinator. I left a message with her, inquiring about the dates of our Second Look Weekend and whether or not we should register using the status page link that has last year's info. I'll let you all know as soon as I have more info. For now, plan on April 12 - 14 (I have a good source on this one)!

And yes, this is the same weekend as Pitt's Second Look Weekend. I believe I saw another thread from last year in which an individual was torn between the two!

Woo hoo! Second look? Count me in!

I'm so excited, I want April to be here now.

I'll be at second look as well; congrats to everyone :thumbup:

how many of you guys are using your mug/cup things now? I know I am :oops:

I'll be at second look as well; congrats to everyone :thumbup:

how many of you guys are using your mug/cup things now? I know I am :oops:

Yeah - I am definitely that guy! :oops:

I will be there. Loving my mug that I can now sport proudly.

Just showing the NU thread a little love...it was almost at the bottom of the page!

hey, did you guys get any sort of recognition from Feinberg after sending in your acceptance letter? I faxed mine about 12 days ago and still no word...just worried they don't think i'm interested and end up giving my spot to someone else!

I called post-fax to confirm, the lady I spoke with said to expect some emails in the near future

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, did you guys get any sort of recognition from Feinberg after sending in your acceptance letter? I faxed mine about 12 days ago and still no word...just worried they don't think i'm interested and end up giving my spot to someone else!

did you receive the e-mail today?

nope, no email! i'll call this morning.

the list of recipients looked to be only the minority students, so it could just be that - it was just a quick little congrats note and some scanned articles about the school of medicine

ah ha, well as i'm as white as they come, i guess there's no need to fret! :oops:

Whats the deal with transcripts, did you guys send one in yet?

Whats the deal with transcripts, did you guys send one in yet?

i graduated in 2004, so my AMCAS transcript is as updated as it gets... thus, i didn't plan on sending anything else.

Hey Everyone:

I received a voicemail from the Special Projects Coordinator at NU yesterday (she was returning my call), in which she told me that an e-mail regarding Second Look Weekend was going to be sent to the accepted applicants within the next few days. She did confirm the dates of the event: April 13 & 14.

Sweet, cgscribe is attending.

Danjo, when is the e-mail going to be sent?

Danjo, when is the e-mail going to be sent?

I am wondering the same! She said it would be within a few days of the voicemail, but as you can see, that is not the case. Please accept my apologies for the bum scoop!

I'll be sure to pass on any new info I receive!

Just got the second look info. Apparently we have to pay for travel, what's up with that?

Just got the second look info. Apparently we have to pay for travel, what's up with that?

yeah, it mentioned that we would just have to pay for travel and food + stay (if we stayed with a host) would be covered

i don't particularly see how this is any different cost-wise than the day we interviewed, with the exception of a couple meals

Yeah.. I was disappointed with this too. I was planning to go, but if I have to pay for the travel, I will most likely end up not going.. kinda sad..

Yeah.. I was disappointed with this too. I was planning to go, but if I have to pay for the travel, I will most likely end up not going.. kinda sad..

I'm sure they can work with you if you call and explain the situation.

What happened with the November rejections?

a lot of people were simply denied access to the secure applicant website before the actual letters were mailed out. many considered it rude and insensitive, and the admissions office went back and let them have access again

yeah, it mentioned that we would just have to pay for travel and food + stay (if we stayed with a host) would be covered

i don't particularly see how this is any different cost-wise than the day we interviewed, with the exception of a couple meals

I agree! Especially since they were dumb enough to show us last years acceptance status page which had a link to last year's second look where they got reimbursed up to $300! That being said, Ive already purchased my ticket, but im in michigan so it was only $120 flight roundtrip (and I get to see my sister in chi!)

Anyone really anxious to receive final decision this week.:scared: :scared:
I can't wait.
They said that they would be mailing them tomorrow.:eek:
I'm so far away, I can't imagine that it can take over a week to get here. I'm hoping for Wednesday or Thursday.

They said that they would be mailing them tomorrow.:eek:

Mind if I ask where you heard that info? Sounded like others were saying that they would be mailed March 1st (Thursday), but I'd much prefer Monday if that is indeed true. Good luck.

I went to my interview 2/2
what the person from the admissions office said was,
We make the final decisions on 2/23, and we mail them the monday after that (2/26)
If someone heard something different please correct me.
what they added afterwards was we should be getting the decisions by march 1st.( allowing at least 3 days for snail mail)

A thread in pre-allo was discussing that due to winter storms in February, some interview dates got bumped to dates later than admissions would have liked. I'm definitely hoping to see a status change tomorrow, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Good luck everyone! :luck:

Good luck to everybody waiting. I sure cant wait to know the final decisiion:D

Not to keep chasing everyone around with info, but Feinberg told me today that it's sending its decisions by Wednesday (postmarked) and that the status page will be down until March 8th (depending on where you're sittin' in the world.)

Good luck everyone. Hope to see you in Chicago.

Well, my NU letter got sent to the wrong address (they are resending my letter) but my status page changed to "You are cordially invited to Second Look Weekend-Register Now!" I'm guessing that means I'm in! :D Who else is going to second look weekend? I'm torn because of course my two favorite schools have theirs on the same weekend!

Well, my NU letter got sent to the wrong address (they are resending my letter) but my status page changed to "You are cordially invited to Second Look Weekend-Register Now!" I'm guessing that means I'm in! :D Who else is going to second look weekend? I'm torn because of course my two favorite schools have theirs on the same weekend!

you know NU would be better vandyxgirl ;)

ok, a bit confused, need some help here...
i got an invitation to the second look weekend today (email), but i haven't gotten an acceptance letter yet!! :confused: I looked on northwestern application website, it also ask me to sign up for the second look wknd, but i couldn't find the word "accepted" or "congratulations" anywhere (im old fashion as you can see). I thought second look wknd invitation are only sent to accepted applicants. Can someone please tell me that im right? :p
Does that mean i'm accepted, just that my acceptance letter was lost in USPS? or they might have made a mistake?

ok, a bit confused, need some help here...
i got an invitation to the second look weekend today (email), but i haven't gotten an acceptance letter yet!! :confused: I looked on northwestern application website, it also ask me to sign up for the second look wknd, but i couldn't find the word "accepted" or "congratulations" anywhere (im old fashion as you can see). I thought second look wknd invitation are only sent to accepted applicants. Can someone please tell me that im right? :p
Does that mean i'm accepted, just that my acceptance letter was lost in USPS? or they might have made a mistake?

The same thing happened to me. My letter was sent to the wrong address, but I checked my status page (on March 8th) and when it asked me to sign up for second look I assumed I was in. Got the official letter today (finally) forwarded by my former roommate! They said on the status page earlier that if you hadn't received a letter in the mail by March 8th to contact the office of admissions. I would just give them a ring tomorrow.

The same thing happened to me. My letter was sent to the wrong address, but I checked my status page (on March 8th) and when it asked me to sign up for second look I assumed I was in. Got the official letter today (finally) forwarded by my former roommate! They said on the status page earlier that if you hadn't received a letter in the mail by March 8th to contact the office of admissions. I would just give them a ring tomorrow.

Thanks, buddy!
AND HELL YEAH, NU!!

Thanks, buddy!
AND HELL YEAH, NU!!

Glad I could help out and that I was not the only one who was confused! Hopefully I'll see you at second look weekend!
And anyone else excited about the free t-shirt? I know I am! :D

i am excited about the t-shirt too! does anyone know when M1 classes start at NU?

I think orientation begins August 20. Can anyone confirm this?

I think orientation begins August 20. Can anyone confirm this?

I cannot confirm, but that date would be in line with the start date of previous years. Usually it is the third week of August when O-Week starts.

ps: Im an M2 at Feinberg, so if you all have questions or whatnot Ill check back here from time to time and try to answer them(or you can PM me). Next week is Spring Break, so I will defer to FrankGk until then, but after I will be around, if needed. Congrats to all.

Hey everyone...I'm a current M1 at Feinberg and am happy to answer any questions about Second Look, Feinberg, Chicago, etc. so feel free to PM me with any questions. Good luck with your decisions!