Miami Miller v. Feinberg

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medmmmmmm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
pros and cons?

I am very conflicted at the moment. I know the two are very different. any thoughts would be very much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

pros and cons?

I am very conflicted at the moment. I know the two are very different. any thoughts would be very much appreciated!

Are you serious?

Reactions: 1 users
pros and cons?

My friend I met on the interview trail has the exact same situation. She planned to attend both second look weekends.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have friends at both. I don't think any residency is off limits at either school. Everyone is very happy with their programs. Congratulations on your acceptances.

Congrats. I personally would pick Feinberg. Although Miller is a great school, Feinberg's opportunities trump Miller's when you do a direct comparison. Yeah, the weather in Chicago sucks for half the year, but it's an awesome city and a great place to be young.

Feinberg. Easy. You're just excited to have been accepted, and that I understand, but being a 3rd year at this point, WHERE you go, plays a big role. People will say nahhh step scores and clinical grades are everything, but do realize you still need to get LORs...and this time around, unlike applying to med school, most of the specialties have smaller communities where PEOPLE KNOW PEOPLE. being at Feinberg gives you more flexibility in that whatever you choose to pursue, Feinberg has likely pretty big names that can help you match where you want to go later.

Reactions: 2 users
Feinburg for surrrrrree. Alejandro hit it spot on.

Miami's match list is very impressive relative to their USNWR rank, especially in fields like Derm/ophtho/rad onc etc. I don't think Miami will hold you back compared to Northwestern as a lot of people are letting on. Miami also seems to match pretty well across the country and doesn't appear to be regionally limiting. Go with your gut on this one, can't go wrong really

You are a premed. There is still a long way to go. Unless you are done with the "game". There is only one option. It is not close.

Did someone say pick the significantly cheaper one yet? Cause that's the answer.