North Carolina DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was wondering when people had submitted their applications to High Point and when they heard back? I got an email verifying that received my application over a month ago but haven't heard anything since
I got a call to schedule an interview about a week after I sent in my application

Members don't see this ad.

I’m wondering if it’s because I’m completing a prereq this semester?
I am too, that could be it. I know a few schools weren’t going to review my app until I had a certain amount of prereqs out of the way (I technically have them all done but I’m retaking several) so that could be it?

I just finished my interview at WCU! Wow their school is amazing and they have a great program, and for anyone who interviewed in Nov. They said wed hear abut decisions next week most likely!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished my interview at WCU! Wow their school is amazing and they have a great program, and for anyone who interviewed in Nov. They said wed hear abut decisions next week most likely!!!!
Didn’t they lose their accreditation?

Didn’t they lose their accreditation?
Yes, it is on probation. They explained the situation and allowed us to ask a lot of questions about it. They confirmed that the ratio of faculty would be back to accreditation standards by August when the dean is able to step down and be a full-time faculty member. They also are in the process of hiring two more teachers as well. I believe they have a good plan and that the accreditation was an unintentional mistake due to not being able to complete the search for the Dean's replacement.

Anyone heard anything back from ECU for those who’ve interviewed?

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone could give me any insight or advice for a Duke interview. Were the individual interviews more conversational or more Q-and-A style? Duke is my first interview and I want to go in as prepared as possible. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone could give me any insight or advice for a Duke interview. Were the individual interviews more conversational or more Q-and-A style? Duke is my first interview and I want to go in as prepared as possible. Thanks!
Questions are very basic like why PT why Duke. And something like describe an instance where you found difficult to handle. Don’t be nervous. Just be yourself.

Does anyone know if Methodist University will let us know their decision tomorrow 12/13?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be accepting a spot for the Winston Salem State University DPT Program, forfeiting my spots everywhere else. Good luck to all.

For those of you who have already been accepted to Duke, how did you hear back? Email, letter, other?

Has anyone heard back from WCU interviews??? They said this week and still nothing?

Has anyone heard back from WCU interviews??? They said this week and still nothing?
No, I still havent either! But im assuming they have to let us know by friday because they close for break after the 20th!

Has anyone who interviewed at duke on the 13th heard anything back yet?

Did anyone that got into Duke get any scholarship money? I haven't heard of anyone that did yet

Is there anyone waitlisted by Duke? What is the chance to get off from the waitlist and be accepted?

Last edited:
Is there anyone waitlisted by Duke? What is the chance to get off from the waitlist and be accepted?
I am currently waitlisted at Duke, but I have no idea what my chances are for getting off it. Guess I have to just wait a see.

Did anyone who interviewed at Duke on December 13th not hear back yet?

I heard back yesterday through email. If you don’t have an email or missed call from someone i would suggest reaching out to the department head
When did you hear back on Friday? I checked my email so many times but I don’t think I received an email from Duke.

Is it a bad idea to email WCU and ask where the heck my decision is? They said last week they would be emailed and now the week has ended. Its getting kind of late in the year for them to hold out until the new year...So frustrated

I’m waitlisted as well, did they tell you what number you are? They said I was in the top 10 and would hear back by mid January

Did anyone that got into Duke get any scholarship money? I haven't heard of anyone that did yet
We'll have a better sense of scholarship info in January I believe. I was sent an email of external scholarships to start looking at.

Is anyone from NC that can tell me about Duke/the Durham area? I was accepted to Duke and will be moving from Oregon so I’m anxious to know more about the area!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing at UNC on the 18th. Wondering if anyone can tell me if the interview is one on one or a group setting? Thanks!!!
from the email, i interpreted - a panel but only one student

Is anyone interviewing at UNC on the 18th and planning on going to the mixer that night? I just got an email about it!

Hey All! I'm still waiting to hear back from Western Carolina too. Glad to see that someone already got a response! I know we were told we might have to wait until March, but I was really hoping it wouldn't take so long!

Anyone interviewing at UNC on the 18th; have you received any specific schedule with timings etc?