North Carolina DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
they told me that once they fill out the class cohort, they'll send out the scholarship information. approximately around Feb.
Did you submit your Letter of Intent to Duke?
Oh gotchu that's good to know! Not yet but planning to! How about you?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who applied to Duke and/or ECU, regular admission, not heard anything yet? (interview, acceptance, or rejection). Just wondering how many other people have heard absolutely nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
When emailing your letter of intent to Duke, did you all receive a response email in return?

When emailing your letter of intent to Duke, did you all receive a response email in return?
yes, you'll receive an email, but it'll take a couple days for them to respond. congrats!

yes, you'll receive an email, but it'll take a couple days for them to respond. congrats!
Thank you!! Yeah I wasn't sure because I emailed the letter on Friday the 8th and haven't received anything in response just yet.

Thank you!! Yeah I wasn't sure because I emailed the letter on Friday the 8th and haven't received anything in response just yet.
if anything, just email them just to confirm they received it? doesn't hurt to ask.

Just got interviews from Methodist and Elon today! Still havent heard from ECU though (at this point I just expect a rejection letter)

Just got interviews from Methodist and Elon today! Still havent heard from ECU though (at this point I just expect a rejection letter)
By any chance are you out of state? I am and haven't heard back from ECU yet either

Hello all. I applied to WCU, ECU, Duke, WSSU, Wingate, and Elon.

I was accepted into Wingate. I have also received invitations to interviews from WCU, ECU, and Elon.
I accepted the invitation to interview at both WCU and ECU, I turned down the interview at Elon.
My interview at WCU is on 11/22, and my interview at ECU is 11/23, so it looks like I will be going on a NC mountains to coast tour that weekend.

I have yet to hear from Duke, although I did apply there in late September to early October, so I am holding out hope.

What were your stats for Wingate??

Has anyone been accepted to Wingate? And if so what were your stats? I am trying to decide if I should apply

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted to Wingate? And if so what were your stats? I am trying to decide if I should apply
If it helps, I had a 3.09 cGPA, 3.1-3.5 pGPA, about 1000 observation hours (40 acute care, rest split between 3 outpatient clinics, one of which I’m a PT aide), average GRE, and I was denied.

If it helps, I had a 3.09 cGPA, 3.1-3.5 pGPA, about 1000 observation hours (40 acute care, rest split between 3 outpatient clinics, one of which I’m a PT aide), average GRE, and I was denied.

Did you do early admissions at all??

Just sent in my Letter of Intent to Duke!!! Can't wait to see everyone there!

Reactions: 1 user
For those that have committed or are leaning towards Duke, what made y'all fall in love with it? Just curious haha :)

For those that have committed or are leaning towards Duke, what made y'all fall in love with it? Just curious haha :)

During the application process: it was the holistic approach from the admissions panel, the Education model (group/team based learning), the possible opportunities Duke provides (the summer program, and elective courses), and of course, Duke Basketball.
But what won me over was during the interview day. I just had such a great feeling when I met the other students and faculty. it's hard to explain in words but just observing their interactions with one another, the mutual respect they share, and the overall positivity, love, and care expressed by everyone, I immediately knew that this was the place for me. Plus, the new medical campus is pretty amazing and entire school campus and the city of Durham is beautiful.
Also, I cant wait to be a Cameron Crazy!

Reactions: 1 users
I fully agree with @ATCDPT8. It just felt natural being there, almost to the point of it being surreal. The program seems like they are one big happy family. I personally loved the area (campus, medical campus, and Durham itself), the faculty (which makes a BIG difference for me when it comes to programs, no matter if the material is the same), and the curriculum + research opportunities. Very grateful for the acceptance.

Just got an invite to second round of interviews for Duke
on December 13th!

Reactions: 3 users
During the application process: it was the holistic approach from the admissions panel, the Education model (group/team based learning), the possible opportunities Duke provides (the summer program, and elective courses), and of course, Duke Basketball.
But what won me over was during the interview day. I just had such a great feeling when I met the other students and faculty. it's hard to explain in words but just observing their interactions with one another, the mutual respect they share, and the overall positivity, love, and care expressed by everyone, I immediately knew that this was the place for me. Plus, the new medical campus is pretty amazing and entire school campus and the city of Durham is beautiful.
Also, I cant wait to be a Cameron Crazy!
Do you know how many people are there in interview day of Duke?

Could anyone who finished the interview with Duke kinda describe what was it like? I heard there’s gonna be a group activity and the committee’s gonna observe how we handle it... it sounds really scary

Do you know how many people are there in interview day of Duke?
I applied for Early Decision and there were 60 prospective students being interviewed that day.

Last edited:
Could anyone who finished the interview with Duke kinda describe what was it like? I heard there’s gonna be a group activity and the committee’s gonna observe how we handle it... it sounds really scary

For Early decision applicants, the individual interviews lasted between 15-20 mins/ interview (might've changed for regular decision applicants). But time flies by very fast.
Afterwards, you’ll have a campus tour for about 30 mins.

the team learning session is about an hour long. The staff really want you to comprehend how the class curriculum is set up. But it’s also for them, the staff, to see how well you work with other in a group setting.

nothing to be nervous about. just prepare accordingly, don't overthink the entire process, and have a great time!! I'm sure you'll be fine.

Best of Luck to you. when's the interview date?

did anyone get any scholarship from duke? just curious if they even do give out any money haha

For Early decision applicants, the individual interviews lasted between 15-20 mins/ interview (might've changed for regular decision applicants). But time flies by very fast.
Afterwards, you’ll have a campus tour for about 30 mins.

the team learning session is about an hour long. The staff really want you to comprehend how the class curriculum is set up. But it’s also for them, the staff, to see how well you work with other in a group setting.

nothing to be nervous about. just prepare accordingly, don't overthink the entire process, and have a great time!! I'm sure you'll be fine.

Best of Luck to you. when's the interview date?

So the team learning activity is about the DPT curriculum?

So the team learning activity is about the DPT curriculum?

The team learning activity isn’t about the Duke DPT program but rather just a general exercise to give each prospective student a better understanding of how the Duke DPT course curriculum will be given during the first year.

this is from the school website.

Phase 1: Foundations for Practice
In phase 1 of the curriculum, students learn the basic science, foundational clinical science, foundational clinical skills, and professional behaviors necessary for practice in today’s healthcare system. Students participate in Team-based learning (TBL) throughout all the courses, enabling them to gain the important skills of team-work, conflict negotiation, and communication key to collaborative interprofessional practice. Courses are in blocked format, allowing students to focus on fewer subjects at a time. “

did anyone get any scholarship from duke? just curious if they even do give out any money haha
I asked about that and I think we'll have more of an idea in January/once the cohort has been filled. From what I remember, they want to give everyone an equal opportunity to apply for scholarships. So there could be opportunity for us to receive scholarship and/or apply to some (hopefully)

The team learning activity isn’t about the Duke DPT program but rather just a general exercise to give each prospective student a better understanding of how the Duke DPT course curriculum will be given during the first year.

this is from the school website.

Phase 1: Foundations for Practice
In phase 1 of the curriculum, students learn the basic science, foundational clinical science, foundational clinical skills, and professional behaviors necessary for practice in today’s healthcare system. Students participate in Team-based learning (TBL) throughout all the courses, enabling them to gain the important skills of team-work, conflict negotiation, and communication key to collaborative interprofessional practice. Courses are in blocked format, allowing students to focus on fewer subjects at a time. “

This clears things up a lot. Thank you so much!

Did yall see the email about Western Carolina being placed on probation in regards to their accreditation?

Did yall see the email about Western Carolina being placed on probation in regards to their accreditation?
YES I did. I was first a bit startled by it, but they seem confident that they will get accredited again in aug 2020. What do you think about it? The interviews start today I wonder if they will say more about it then!

Also, if anyone has interviewed I would love to get ur take on it.

I just got an email from Methodist University stating my application is placed as a delayed decision. I’m hoping those who got an email for an interview and planning on not to go to let them know because I really want this opportunity for the interview.

Just got accepted to High Point today!!

Reactions: 2 users
I was wondering when people had submitted their applications to High Point and when they heard back? I got an email verifying that received my application over a month ago but haven't heard anything since

I was wondering when people had submitted their applications to High Point and when they heard back? I got an email verifying that received my application over a month ago but haven't heard anything since
Same, and I applied the beginning of September. I’ve tried emailing a few times to ask about the status of my application and got the same answer each time about it “still being under review”.

Same, and I applied the beginning of September. I’ve tried emailing a few times to ask about the status of my application and got the same answer each time about it “still being under review”.
I’m wondering if it’s because I’m completing a prereq this semester?