Non-traumatic dislocated testicle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdawson12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I hate to troll the SDN forums for personal advice but I have presented my issue to 2 FM docs, 2 surgeons and done a thorough literature search and have found no answers.

Essentially, I am a 30 yo ER resident w/ pmh sig for HTN (on lisinopril) and bilateral inguinal hernia repairs at age 8 (I know no details of these surgeries). With orgasm my right testicle will often get pulled up into what I think is my inguinal canal. It also occassionally happens prior to orgasm. Afterwards I feel uncomfortable, but no pain. I can visualize a bulge just above my inguinal crease and I then usually push with my hand along my inguinal canal and after doing this a couple of times the testicle then returns to my scrotum. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the testicle to return to my scrotum. Afterwards the testicle is sore to palpation but not painful otherwise. This has been happening since I was about 17 and is now more frequent. It is more common when the temperature is cooler.

Has anyone heard of this before? It reminds me of the rare traumatic dislocated testicle but obviously is not related to trauma.
How worried should I be that one of these days I'll end up with a torsion considering all this movement?
Does it need repaired? and would repair even be a good idea since orchipexy might be fighting the force that pulls the testicle up and I worry that these opposing forces might result in pain that I do not currently suffer from.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.