NHSC anyone heard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone had any success with being reimbursed for tuition yet? Or at least having NHSC contact your school? I had them send an invoice, but nothing yet... :(

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that it takes at least 1 month after the invoice is sent. Thats what my school told me. My invoice was sent in to NHSC end of October and my school has still not received funds.

I heard that it takes at least 1 month after the invoice is sent. Thats what my school told me. My invoice was sent in to NHSC end of October and my school has still not received funds.

Thanks! I'm just trying to make sure that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

Members don't see this ad :)

How did you guys send the invoice? The financial aid office of my school hasn't heard anything from NHSC. Last time I called the call center, the person from the other end of the phone was really unhelpful. He pretty much just read the paragraphs from that pdf NHSC contract document...and basically, he has no idea...

It's time to register for the next semester and I really worry that the money won't come in in time to pay for my tuition...

After 2 months of trying to confirm my address, I was finally told that my award letter was sent on Sept 28th to...my old address. A new one is on the way, to my current address, finally.

Did you guys just bring that letter to your school's office of Accounts Receivable? Did they know what to do? I get the impression my school doesn't have a lot of experience with this, and would really appreciate advice on how to proceed once I have my award letter in hand. Thanks!

After 2 months of trying to confirm my address, I was finally told that my award letter was sent on Sept 28th to...my old address. A new one is on the way, to my current address, finally.

Did you guys just bring that letter to your school's office of Accounts Receivable? Did they know what to do? I get the impression my school doesn't have a lot of experience with this, and would really appreciate advice on how to proceed once I have my award letter in hand. Thanks!

I got in touch with my analyst (only knew who he was because he called me and emailed me after I got the finalist email to verify how many years I wanted) and when he faxed me my award letter it had my old address on it too.

I took the letter to my Fin. Aid dept. but they just looked at me like, "what are we supposed to do?" So then I found my analyst's fax number and made them send the old bill invoice to that fax number. My school has never had anyone get the scholarship before, so they are as unsure as I am.

No one seems to know what's going on, but I'll probably bug my analyst for more info after the holiday.

I'd fax the invoice to the same number that you sent your contract to in September. I think it's the best bet.

Did anyone else receive the letter around Thanksgiving with information about the Lyceum online payroll system that we are supposed to log into and update our information? I've been having difficulty updating my info-the "wizards" won't run for me. I contacted my analyst to see if she could help, but has anyone had luck?

initially none of my wizards worked, then a few days later the contact info ones worked, but i still cannot see the bank account and tax ones or get them to work by typing in that code. I contacted my analyst too and haven't heard anything back yet. Glad to know i am not the only one having the problem. I don't get why we need to update anything if our first deposit worked...should be the same information.

initially none of my wizards worked, then a few days later the contact info ones worked, but i still cannot see the bank account and tax ones or get them to work by typing in that code. I contacted my analyst too and haven't heard anything back yet. Glad to know i am not the only one having the problem. I don't get why we need to update anything if our first deposit worked...should be the same information.

I got the same letter and tried to do the same thing and had the same results. My banking and federal tax wizards didn't even exist - and still don't. Though, after a few days, the contact info ones started to work. I also contacted my analyst (Good old Frank) and also have not heard back. While I'm glad I'm not the only one - I'm not really happy that this whole process has been so "whack," for lack of a better word.

I got the same letter, and am having the same issue. My analyst (also a Frank, perhaps the same one as you lastar) said everyone was having this problem and that they're "working on it." I guess we just hang tight?
Finally got my invoice into NHSC, now I just wait and see if money ever makes it to my school.
One step at a time...

I got the same letter, and am having the same issue. My analyst (also a Frank, perhaps the same one as you lastar) said everyone was having this problem and that they're "working on it." I guess we just hang tight?
Finally got my invoice into NHSC, now I just wait and see if money ever makes it to my school.
One step at a time...

Frank never emailed me back - guess he likes you better picaresque! :)

I'll probably just keep checking back with the site. Let me know if it starts working for you guys.

My school has yet to be contacted by the NHSC. So you're right, now we wait... again...

My school submitted the invoice at the end of October and just got the money from the NHSC yesterday. So, it looks like it takes around 5-6 weeks for the school to receive the money.

Does anyone know if our school has to send an invoice every semester? Should I start nagging my school to send an invoice for spring, even though they haven't gotten any money for fall? 5-6 weeks isn't really that bad of a turn around time for the government, but I don't want to unnecessarily prolong anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am pretty sure the invoice if for the whole school year.

My school submitted the invoice at the end of October and just got the money from the NHSC yesterday. So, it looks like it takes around 5-6 weeks for the school to receive the money.
Do you know if your school had to set up an something with the NHSC to receive the money electronically? I spoke with someone at the NHSC last week and he told me that my school needs to register somewhere so that the tuition money can be directly deposited into the school's bank account. However, he still hasn't sent me the directions for how the school can register....

Yes, it is an electronic transfer. I am not sure who the school contacted. I just spoke with the bursar and he knew exactly what to do.

Yes, it is an electronic transfer. I am not sure who the school contacted. I just spoke with the bursar and he knew exactly what to do.

My school has no idea what to do. And neither do I. And the NHSC just holds it over our heads. :(

I just found out that one of our student admins people (not financial aid folks) actually handles "3rd party payer". She said that she is going to bill NHSC. I don't know how long it's going to take. Hopefully not too long *cross fingers*

lastar, did you get the e-mail earlier this week regarding the tuition payments with instructions for your school? They have to register online and get a number, then send the invoice to NHSC. Below is what I received:

Dear NHSC/NSP Scholars:

To expedite the process of tuition payments the school you are enrolled in must register through the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) website if they haven’t done so already. Below you will find the website which contains the form that the school will need to complete. The school will need to provide their TAX ID# as well as their DUNS # on the invoice being submitted.

Once the school has completed registration they can notify your designated Public Health Analyst (PHA) that they are register and then the invoice can be processed.

Please note:
PSC will not use payment information forms (PIF) anymore.
Schools are required to register through the CCR and obtain a DUNS #
Schools must put their TAX ID # and DUNS # on every invoice.
Schools will have total control of their remit-to address and banking information via the CCR.

For access to the CCR, please refer to the following website:

http://www.ccr.gov/

For CCR assistance please call: 1-888-227-2423

Information about the CCR can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Contractor_Registration

https://www.bpn.gov/ccr/default.aspx

Information about DUNS # can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DUNS

Legalese:
The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Subpart 32.0 requires that an organization wishing to do business with the federal government must be registered in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR). The CCR serves as the primary registrant database for the U.S. Government.

The Program Support Center is required to make payments only to a registrant's bank account information as it appears in the CCR, and match the payment or remit to address as cited on the invoice to the mailing address submitted to the CCR. CCR allows for multiple mailing sites under a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number. If the school is currently registered with CCR, they should verify and update their payment information if necessary.

I hope this helps! Best of luck & enjoy the upcoming holiday break!

lastar, did you get the e-mail earlier this week regarding the tuition payments with instructions for your school? They have to register online and get a number, then send the invoice to NHSC. Below is what I received:
Thank you!!!! I don't know why I didn't receive that email :( I'll forward that to my school admin and hopefully that would expedite their billing...

Here is another e-mail that was sent the same day as the tuition one. Most of the info you probably know already, but just in case you didn't receive it:

Dear new NHSC/NSP Scholars:

Once again we congratulate you and welcome you to the Nursing Scholarship Program (NSP) and the National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program (NHSC). Bellow is a brief overview of the Tuition, Other Reasonable Cost (ORC) and Stipend payment process.

Other Reasonable Cost (ORC)
ORC is provided to each participant of the NSP and NHSC scholarship program on a yearly basis and is a set amount for each student. A full payment is made to students who will be attending the complete academic year while half payments will be made to students who will be attending less than the full academic year. The first ORC payment will be included in the first stipend payment the participant receives and should be received by the end of October. .

Stipend Amount
The scholarship program will pay a full-time student a stipend of $1,269.00 (before Federal taxes) by the end of each month. This amount will be directly deposited into the account provided to us on the Direct Deposit Form. For new awardees the first payment will be made for the month of October. All October payments will include a payment for ORC

Tuition Payment
The scholarship program will only pay for courses and electives that are requirements for graduation. Tuition is paid upon receipt of an invoice from the school you are attending.

Please note that you have received your November payment early therefore, your next payment will not be made until the end of December. You will be expected to plan accordingly.

Starting the month of December your stipend payments will resume on the normal pay schedule and you will receive your payments at the end of each month.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Call Center at 800-221-9393

Thanks so much for these updates! I'm also not receiving any of these e-mails, and am a little concerned. Perhaps yet another call to my analyst is in order...

No problem! Maybe double-check if you submitted the application with an e-mail you don't frequently check. If not, contact your analyst. I initially didn't know who my analyst was, so I just e-mailed one of the NHSC e-mails that I had in my address book & got all of my questions answered quickly. Also try their Facebook page (if you're on there). People seem to be getting things answered pretty quickly on there.

If I get any updates, I'll be sure to post them here.

Thanks so much for these updates! I'm also not receiving any of these e-mails, and am a little concerned. Perhaps yet another call to my analyst is in order...

I haven't gotten any of these emails! :( I also haven't had much luck getting my emails returned by my analyst. (Silly, busy Frank...)

Anyway, I appreciate you all posting these emails. Maybe something will actually get done if I make the first move.

Thanks!

Did anyone else receive the letter around Thanksgiving with information about the Lyceum online payroll system that we are supposed to log into and update our information? I've been having difficulty updating my info-the "wizards" won't run for me. I contacted my analyst to see if she could help, but has anyone had luck?

Hey guys...finally got some answers on the Lyceum thing in case anyone didn't know. Here's the email I got:

Please ignore the "update your bank and tax information' in Lyceum. We already have your information in the system. In the future, if you need change your banking information , please let me know. I'll send you a form to update it.

Thanks,

Connie Fu
Public Health Analyst
Division of Applications and Awards
Bureau of Clinician Recruitment and Service
Health Resources and Services Administration
5600 Fishers Lane, Room 8-37
Rockville, MD 20875
Office: (301)443-4839

Hey guys...finally got some answers on the Lyceum thing in case anyone didn't know. Here's the email I got:

Please ignore the "update your bank and tax information' in Lyceum. We already have your information in the system. In the future, if you need change your banking information , please let me know. I'll send you a form to update it.

Thanks,

Connie Fu
Public Health Analyst
Division of Applications and Awards
Bureau of Clinician Recruitment and Service
Health Resources and Services Administration
5600 Fishers Lane, Room 8-37
Rockville, MD 20875
Office: (301)443-4839

Are you kidding me? This organization (if it can be called that) is ridiculous. It's a good thing they are so cute or I would not be okay with this.

And by cute I mean paying a heap of money for me to get an education.

hey all, i have two questions:

1. has anyone had luck with tuition payments to your school?
2. i know we are supposed to be paid at the end of each month. does "the end" mean the last day of the month?

2. i know we are supposed to be paid at the end of each month. does "the end" mean the last day of the month?
No luck here yet, and since tomorrow is the last day of the month and I already have my stipend payment, I'm going to say no, the last day is not payday.

So far, no such luck with tuition payments.

I did receive my stipend though and it's not the last day of the month. So simply near the end, I guess?

I think I remember reading that it would be released the 27th of every month, and hit the next day or the day after.

No luck here yet, and since tomorrow is the last day of the month and I already have my stipend payment, I'm going to say no, the last day is not payday.

My first deposit included stipend through dec., so technically I received it a month early. My school received tuition for fall, and I have no idea if they've actually received the spring payment, but they didn't bill me for it (they are approaching this as w/ military and other gov't programs -as far as accounting is concerned, Uncle Sam is good for it, even if not quite on time).

I'm assuming you read the thread above and your school's bursar/accounting office has sent your invoice over to HRSA.

Have you received the letter about the on-line account info? If you log on you can see what you've received (breaks down the COA $$ vs stipend $$).

My first deposit included stipend through dec., so technically I received it a month early. My school received tuition for fall, and I have no idea if they've actually received the spring payment, but they didn't bill me for it (they are approaching this as w/ military and other gov't programs -as far as accounting is concerned, Uncle Sam is good for it, even if not quite on time).

I'm assuming you read the thread above and your school's bursar/accounting office has sent your invoice over to HRSA.

Have you received the letter about the on-line account info? If you log on you can see what you've received (breaks down the COA $$ vs stipend $$).

thank you for the responses. i received my stipend.

about the on-line account info: is that the lyceum business services website?

Money has credited to my school account to cover tuition! Hooray! Now I just have to figure out how to pay back my loans from last semester since they're clearly past their grace period...sigh.

Anybody have info about this conference we're theoretically required to attend?

i think we are supposed to attend the conference when we are ready to graduate and are starting to look for a placement

Hi,

For those following this thread now, has anybody heard about the status of their scholarship. I got a finalist email at the end of August and sent in the required docs, but no word from them since. I'm wondering who else got the finalist email and if there have been any acceptances?

Good luck everybody!

Hi,

For those following this thread now, has anybody heard about the status of their scholarship. I got a finalist email at the end of August and sent in the required docs, but no word from them since. I'm wondering who else got the finalist email and if there have been any acceptances?

Good luck everybody!

waiting till the big 9/30/10 :oops:

latest on the FB group is that we'll hear back on early this week

Acceptance e-mails are being sent out! Received mine earlier today! Good luck everyone!!! :)

Just got my rejection letter.. Sucks..

Got my rejection email... not cool. I was under the assumption that 1/7 applicants would receive it as 1/13 received it last year. This year it was 1/30. O well congrats to all the recipients

well they said 6,400 apps and 207 spots so i did the math