New Venture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
hmmm...how much you pay? bonuses? benefits? do we have to take phone calls? sounds interesting.
I use Cerner....

not sure I'd like working from home, make me more anti-social than I am now..then again, I wouldn't have to deal with techs who always ask to leave early and ask how many 100mg vials to use for 1000mg...or nurses calling demanding I enter an order they scanned 5 minutes ago...and fixing all of day shifts errors (YOU entered this WRONG! - funny, I was at home sleeping, but whatever).

can i play internet poker while working? :idea:

will you help find another job if by some small chance it doesn't work?

That doesn't sound too bad...

ferrariun8.png

Is it just me or is this guy overlooking someone else's driveway?
I suppose the view is good, but it'd be better if the car were in the driveway closer to the house.

Just a thought.

In the mean time, who wants to be my preceptor for this position?:smuggrin: I can learn Cerner if need be.

hmmm...how much you pay? bonuses? benefits? do we have to take phone calls? sounds interesting.
I use Cerner....

not sure I'd like working from home, make me more anti-social than I am now..then again, I wouldn't have to deal with techs who always ask to leave early and ask how many 100mg vials to use for 1000mg...or nurses calling demanding I enter an order they scanned 5 minutes ago...and fixing all of day shifts errors (YOU entered this WRONG! - funny, I was at home sleeping, but whatever).

can i play internet poker while working? :idea:

will you help find another job if by some small chance it doesn't work?

Way this works is that there will still be a pharmacist on call from the hospital in case someone needs to go in to the hospital. The primary purpose of the remote order entry pharmacist is to process and verify orders while the pharmacy is closed. Sure you can get phone calls but not like actually being in the hospital where you're still dispensing and mixing drugs.

How much will we pay? I assume in the beginning my partners and I will virtually work for free with few accounts. Once we have several accounts, we'll start to hire. The pay will have to be competitive.... but this will be a very desirable job for some stay home mom pharmacists.

Members don't see this ad :)
The primary purpose of the remote order entry pharmacist is to process and verify orders while the pharmacy is closed. Sure you can get phone calls but not like actually being in the hospital where you're still dispensing and mixing drugs.

How much will we pay? I assume in the beginning my partners and I will virtually work for free with few accounts. Once we have several accounts, we'll start to hire. The pay will have to be competitive.... but this will be a very desirable job for some stay home mom pharmacists.

Or for any pharmacist who prefers to stay at home vs. being in a hospital environment. :) Pay sounds fair ... after all it is a 'new' venture. About how long do you anticipate it might be until you get a reasonable number of accounts to begin hiring?

Oh, almost forgot. How was golfing today? (if you played, that is)

CA is great and golf is great!!!

CA is great and golf is great!!!

Your trip timing couldn't have been better ... we're looking at sunny skies and highs in the low 70s all week!

Enjoy the rounds! :)

Palm springs earlier and san diego now!

still looking at that 9-5 ID thing you brought up a few months ago?

I've got a 95% after 2/3 of our ID module. And I'm not whining about learning 2nd and 3rd tier opportunistic infxn prophylaxy.

I suppose the clients he wants to schmooze would more likely be at ASHP. Where's the summer mtg this year for them? Nevermind, I'll look it up.

Yes, I'll be in Seattle.

still looking at that 9-5 ID thing you brought up a few months ago?

I've got a 95% after 2/3 of our ID module. And I'm not whining about learning 2nd and 3rd tier opportunistic infxn prophylaxy.

Keep working at it... Strong ID pharmacist will always find a cool job..

I agree, what you are describing sounds like the perfect job for someone like me. I'm a night person, super fast typer, and have 10 years hospital experience. When do I start? :cool:

but this will be a very desirable job for some stay home mom pharmacists.

sexist :eek:

I might want to be a stay home dad pharmacist...or a stay home pharmacist...or maybe I just wanna stay home. ;)