New Venture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting a new venture. How many of you guys would like to work from home... but graveyard shift week on week off? You could be napping while working.

Members don't see this ad.

I might need more info

Members don't see this ad :)
You might? When might you get out of school?

I'm starting a new venture. How many of you guys would like to work from home... but graveyard shift week on week off? You could be napping while working.

:hijacked:

I was elected to Worthy Vice Counselor today in Phi Dex.
I am the first P1 to be WVC in the Rho chapter...........ever.

That is all.

That is all.

Who did you have to kiss to get that role...

Look for us at the ASHP..

Hey! There was no fine print in your offer...

Working for me could be a career dive for you... unless I give you options and it may be worth something in few years...

I just have a little under 3 and a half years left.

Members don't see this ad :)
In December? I didn't think you showed up to the booth...too much golf to be played...

I didn't say we'll have a booth.... I just said look for us.

Well, we're incorporating now... and getting the website set up. We're pretty excited about it. It's not a totally new concept but we'll be competing with some big players in the industry. But I know we're better.

Anything involving Zpak seems shady...

Napping while working? Well I was gonna volunteer myself, but I just thought of an even better candidate for that position ...

my cat. :p

Anything involving Zpak seems shady...

Some people go out and do things against the flow.
Some people sit there and watch those who do things.
Some people sit there and watch and criticize those who do things.
Some people just go with the flow and the feel uncomfortable with people who do things.

Which some people are you? :smuggrin:

Napping while working? Well I was gonna volunteer myself, but I just thought of an even better candidate for that position ...

my cat. :p

Can your cat type?

Some people go out and do things against the flow.
Some people sit there and watch those who do things.
Some people sit there and watch and criticize those who do things.
Some people just go with the flow and the feel uncomfortable with people who do things.

Which some people are you? :smuggrin:

What if you don't fit into any of those specifically?

And no one asks what the venture is... :sleep:

That is all.

I'm the Worthy Prelate of our chapter... I wish that I had known how much reading out loud that I'd have to do at every meeting!

Anyways... I'll bite. What is this new venture? Verifying hospital orders remotely? Typing in new scripts from the Wags overflow? Taking dictation from crazed former hospital pharmacy directors?

Yes, we're starting a remote order entry pharmacy program for hospitals. Not a new idea... in fact, a friend and I talked about this in year 2000...

Now, with a new Joint Commission mandate of barcoding of drugs by 2011, every hospital will have to verify orders by a pharmacist 24/7 for barcode to effectively work without overides. There are companies out there alredy providing the service. But we don't want every hospital. We just want a piece of the pie. A large piece at that though.

Oh, and my cat doesn't type... he studies Pharmacotherapy!

gabebookqp9.jpg

study by osmosis... works fine I guess...

i'd do it!

of course, i nap at my job already....

i want a pharmacy informatacist position in NY....whaddya got, epic?

i'd do it!

of course, i nap at my job already....

i want a pharmacy informatacist position in NY....whaddya got, epic?

Nothing I know of at this time....tho I haven't been to NY in a bit...

Crappie is people food yo....

I could work for a crazed SC grad, but I'd rather not be hired and sold within 3 1/2 years. Sounds risky. At least from an employee's standpoint. Not that it matters. I've got 3 1/2 years myself. Though, come to think of it, if I'm under the supervision of another pharmacist, I should be able to perform said tasks, no? Intern Pharmacists=Cheap labor:D

I'm game. I graduate 2009.

interested in any part timing while doing residency?

I know pyxis connect and cerner millennium.

Yes, we're starting a remote order entry pharmacy program for hospitals. Not a new idea... in fact, a friend and I talked about this in year 2000...

Now, with a new Joint Commission mandate of barcoding of drugs by 2011, every hospital will have to verify orders by a pharmacist 24/7 for barcode to effectively work without overides. There are companies out there alredy providing the service. But we don't want every hospital. We just want a piece of the pie. A large piece at that though.

What's the difference between now and in 2K? Funding?

I could work for a crazed SC grad, but I'd rather not be hired and sold within 3 1/2 years. Sounds risky. At least from an employee's standpoint. Not that it matters. I've got 3 1/2 years myself. Though, come to think of it, if I'm under the supervision of another pharmacist, I should be able to perform said tasks, no? Intern Pharmacists=Cheap labor:D

We will give options to employees....if our employees are successful, then we'll be successful.

What's the difference between now and in 2K? Funding?

In 2000, not many hospitals employed profile driven automation. And internet connection and VPN technology weren't as sophisticated. And The Joint Commission wasn't as strict with non-pharmacy personnel entering the pharmacy after hours. They started to hammer down on it recently.

I'm game. I graduate 2009.

interested in any part timing while doing residency?

I know pyxis connect and cerner millennium.

Oh yeah? Bo knows football.. and Bo knows baseball... oh well.. he used to.

Is cerner your pharmacy operating system?

either or both!

i know mckesson, siemens, and pyxis....he's mckesson, siemens and eclipsys.

siemens and eclipsys suck! I'm just sayn... :smuggrin: