New Utah State Vet School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cats4Lyfe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any new details about USU's new vet school? Specifically prerequisites and what they're looking for in a candidate? Also what they require for Utah residency?

The only information I can find is from these links:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard any new details about USU's new vet school? Specifically prerequisites and what they're looking for in a candidate? Also what they require for Utah residency?

The only information I can find is from these links:
Utah residency will most likely be whatever rules the undergrads go by since it's usually state dictated. I think right now it's too early to know expectations but you can pry look to wsu to get an idea since they'll be splitting from them.

Since students won't be entering until 2025, I would not anticipate there being a solid prerequisite list until late 2023 or early 2024 at the earliest. I'd assume the worst (aka 2 semesters of the core prerequisites and a large number of humanities/arts). They haven't even had a site visit yet, so requirements for entry are a few steps away.

Likewise for residency, my gut instinct is then following Texas Techs and Nebraska's lead due to the student debt issue. The majority of the class will be Utah residents (if not all), and the requirements might be pretty strict. I have no evidence for that; just a gut feeling.