New MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruno692693

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just got my MCAT score today. I got a 517 (130,127,130,130). I had my goals a little higher than this as I am naturally a good test taker and wanted to compensate for a subpar gpa (3.68 from an Ivy). Where does this score put me on the old MCAT? Some online charts show this as a 37 or 38, some show 35. Also, how will adcoms see the inconsistent CARs score? I almost voided my test, because during the CARS I unplugged the monitor with my foot (I was at a really crappy test center and the cords were laying out under the desk) and wasted about 3-4 minutes booting it back up plus it threw me off. Is this dumb to try to retake a 517 to shoot for more balanced scores and hope for more around a 520? Does it look bad to retake a score like this?

Members don't see this ad.

It's a 35. If you retake it, @Goro will come and smack you through the electrons. It looks very bad to retake a score like this. 127 is like a 9 on verbal which is a little low, but still fine (many schools have 10th percentile verbal scores at 9). Don't worry, you did well.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
6aRwg.png

In all seriousness though, that should be just fine. If you get a chance in an interview, you can explain the technical problems during the CARS section and they will understand. But that score will get you plenty of good interviews.

Reactions: 12 users
6aRwg.png

In all seriousness though, that should be just fine. If you get a chance in an interview, you can explain the technical problems during the CARS section and they will understand. But that score will get you plenty of good interviews.

Thanks for the shout out to the post in Funny Quotes Thread as well as to the ragecomic makers.

It's a 35. If you retake it, @Goro will come and smack you through the electrons. It looks very bad to retake a score like this. 127 is like a 9 on verbal which is a little low, but still fine (many schools have 10th percentile verbal scores at 9). Don't worry, you did well.

A 127 is actually a 10 (or at least closer to it) in the old MCAT. The OP shouldn't retake.

Reactions: 1 user
OP, pay VERY careful attention to the 'Dawg!!

Reactions: 3 users
i swear people make posts like this just for attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks everyone. Sorry I feel dumb now, glad to know I definitely don't need to take again. Only reason I asked was because I consistently did better on CARs in practice and that was just a bad showing, wasn't trying to get attention. Appreciate the help!

Does anyone else feel like this "new MCAT scores" make you feel super outdated?

Reactions: 1 users
If I get the equivalent of a 35 I will lose my mind.

Edit: Didn't mean to bump a thread like this. Just know your CARs of 127 is a 10 on the old scale and not a cause for concern at any school.

Now that new scores are out, what's the consensus on a retake score?
508-509 for MD?

Last edited:
Now that new scores are out, what's the consensus on a retake score?
508-509 for MD?

It probably depends on the person I think that is the equivalent of a 30. Don't quote me on that though.