Need some guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted259194

I'm a jr at UT and due to the lack of bad studying habits, knowing what i wanted to do in life, and confidence in myself i have a really low gpa, it's going to be around 2.5 when i graduate. I have a 3.77 at austin community college, at first i refuse to accept that i pretty much wasted the 4 years while in college. But now i know what i want to do (physical therapy) and have the confidence and the right mind set. I was just wondering if i retake all my pre-reg at acc and bust my ass and do all i can (shadowing, volunteering, preparing day and night to get into a pt program) will i have a shot?will some school overlook my bad history and see the i am serious now?

I'm planning to spend the next 1.1.5 retaking or taking the pre-reg for pt. Even though i know i will do good at a community college (prob 3.8-3.9 cc gpa), i'm still afraid it will not raise my cum gpa to a 3.0. I have done numerous research, but it seem like every school is strict on 3.0 cum gpa requirement.

can someone give me some guidance on what i should do? or is there some loop hole or programs that i can apply to for PT? i 'm just bum and sad right now so any help would greatly be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone please help me out? everyone may think i'm just lazy, but i really have changed. I just need something to keep me going. thanks again.

when i retake a course here, the new grade I relieve replaces the grade I received before in cum gpa calculations. I'd check to see if thats the case for you. I would also say that you could retake the core courses, that should help.

As far as I know midwestern university is the only school to have below a 3.0 requirement. Theirs is 2.75.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is going to seem cold, but work on your communication skills. Your grammer does not imply intelligence. Retake the courses and get better grades. Remember, that PT is a competitive field. In order to be selected/admitted, your application has to be in the top X of all of those who apply. If the class is 32, then you have to be in the top 32. Good luck.

Now for a little unsolicited parental advice:

Life is all about choices and consequences. Sometimes circumstances bite us in the rear, but if quarter draw night or dollar pitcher night win out over reviewing chemistry before a midterm you kind of have to sleep in the bed you made for yourself.

Thanks alot everyone, appreciate the comments. Life is all about learning.