Need Some Advice

Madona Nasim

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am going to be taking my OAT on August 24, I've been trying to study hard but I feel like the information is just not sticking to my head and I'm having a hard time. I also feel like time is flying by and I'm really stressed out, which I feel like plays into me not being able to retain any info. Do you guys think I have enough time and I'm freaking out for no reason, or how long did it take you guys to study and do well?

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the same shoe as you a few months ago but if I could tell myself once piece of advice after taking the OAT, it would be to relax and not overthink. The test itself is very straight forward with the exception of bio which covers such a huge number of topics. Its best to look at the forest as a whole not just the individual trees. Make sure you take practice tests. A lot of people struggle with managing their pace, sit down and take a full length test. I took one each week for 5 weeks before the test. It helped give a mental idea on what i know and what I needed to work on. Lastly, on the day before the test just relax. At most maybe review your formulas and reactions, but take some time for yourself. You got this!