Need Some Serious Advice

beatnik10884

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan to write the OAT on Sept 10. I have been studying for about two months. I have taken two OAT Achiever test and here are my scores:

Test 1
Bio 300
G.Chem 260
O.Chem 260
Physics 200....yeah thats right the lowest possible:eek:
Q.R. 290
R.C. 380
TS 280
AA 270

Test 2
Bio 260
G.Chem 280
O.Chem 250
Physics 240....
Q.R. 260
R.C. 380

I know that the OAT Achiever tests are harder, but c'mon these scores are really low. I'm pretty discouraged right now.Do you guys think I should postpone taking my test?

Members don't see this ad.

How did you do on the opted.org test? That test is more accurate to what the real thing is. I hated OAT Achiever. A waste of time in my opinion. I got a 360AA and a 370TS and I was scoring WAY lower (though not as low as you) on the OAT Achiever tests. So let us know what you got on the opted.org test and then we'll go from there.

I agree. I think the OAT achiever is a waste of money for me. I bought all three test and only took 1 of them. After taking just one, I knew taking the other ones would be pointless so I didn't even bother to look at the other two. I got mostly 300s on the OAT achiever for the sciences, but really high score for reading comprehension, but my score on the real OAT is exactly the opposite with RC being in the mid 300s and everything else being really high. the achiever is totally not a good indication of how well you are going to do on the real oat.

I think if you really want to do well on the OATs, just read the MCAT prep books and make sure that you understand the concepts.

Thank you both for your responses. I have to say the OAT achiever really has killed my confidence.It is helpful for me, in that I can practice pacing myself. The Physics just seem so much more complicated and in depth.

When took the sample test on the opted.org website I had only been studyng for like two weeks and my scores were:

Bio 320
g. chem 320
o.chem 350 that is giving myself credit for the two errors on the test
physics 240..I had no equations memorized and I still need to work more on it..I have some and will this entire week, I'm just going to memorize all the formulas. Good or Bad idea?
Q.R. 240...Now this was because I ran out of time, I have improved more so at this, I will be working on memorizing Area formulas & Trig Functions. I just don't know how to do inverse trig function by hand.
R.C. 380, I've done well on this section for OAT Achiver too, but student2008...its much more difficult on the real thing?

TS: 310
AA:310 these numbers seem too low me, since everyone states that the sample test is much easier, granted I have learned more since then, but am still weak in these areas.

If relevant, my gpa is 3.62 biology and some shadow experience, and really good LORs.

So you think I should hold off? i know it won't be the end of the world if i need to retake, but i'm worried.

>>>By the way, I really do appreciate your feedback, i know i sound like i'm in poor me mode, just stressed.