Need some advice with OAT timeline

hoosier1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On my current education track, I won't be able to complete the second part of physics (magnets/light...) before my OATs....will I be able to take the OAT's without taking Physics II? I'm kinda worried because I'm looking at some practice OAt questions and I don't know how to do them, even though I took Physics I already. Did you guys do some crazy studying for the chem and physics section before the exam or just lean on the knowledge you have?

Members don't see this ad.

you'll definitely want to learn the second part of phyiscs for the OATS. just optics/circuits/electromagnitism covers a good portion of the questions that you're going to see. Since it'll be your initial exposure to the material, I would review the big kaplan book's physics section just to know which subjects are covered, and then tone in on each section by reading and doing the simple problems from a textbook. the physics section is not like the ochem section where you'll be okay with knowing only the first half of the subject. g'luck :thumbup:

hey, I'm in a similar boat..maybe even worse..I may not even be able to have any physics exposure before my OATs...my class registration is tomorrow and physics is almost already full..is it pretty much impossible to learn the physics material on my own this summer if i want to take the OATs at the end of summer??

Members don't see this ad :)
You know what I'm kinda worried because I took physics 1 and I seriously don't know how to do most of the problems on the physics section on a practice exam. Is it because I haven't really studied for the oats yet or what?

I am in the same boat too. I have only taken 2/3 terms of Physics. Also only 1/3 terms of Organic Chem. My school doesn't offer 3rd term of physics until April!! I am writing my OAT in 1 month!! I'm scared.:eek:

I spent all last weekend practicing physics, but I get frustrated really easy b/c I feel like I don't know how to do ANYTHING sometimes!!

Also, when the school is looking at your scores, they will be able to take into account that you have not yet completed the course. Don't worry!!! You will do great!!!!! Good luck!! :D

I took my OAT without taking the second physics or second bio. I took the online course offered by Kaplan and it more than covered what I needed to the test. I got a 370 on both physics and bio so it can be done without taking the course at school