Need help QUICK!

gibson777

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am just about to chose my majors for my UC apps, everything is finished except putting down what major I want. Initially I was going to do Biochemistry + Molec Genetics but now I am having some second thoughts. I am thinking of possibly doing Chem/Electrical/BioMed engineering instead of Biochem but am afraid I may not get into one of the schools for engineering or that if I do Biochem and for some reason don't pursue my MD, that I will kind of be screwed with a BioChem degree. Not sure what to do, I don't have anyone to consult about this so any insight is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I am just about to chose my majors for my UC apps, everything is finished except putting down what major I want. Initially I was going to do Biochemistry + Molec Genetics but now I am having some second thoughts. I am thinking of possibly doing Chem/Electrical/BioMed engineering instead of Biochem but am afraid I may not get into one of the schools for engineering or that if I do Biochem and for some reason don't pursue my MD, that I will kind of be screwed with a BioChem degree. Not sure what to do, I don't have anyone to consult about this so any insight is appreciated.

Put down : Majors : "Undecided"

It's not a big deal that you don't know what you want to major in. Tons of college students switch their majors. Just take a few classes in things you're interested in and see where it goes from there.

Do you think putting undecided will hurt my chances at all? Plus some of the UCs don't have an undecided choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think putting undecided will hurt my chances at all? Plus some of the UCs don't have an undecided choice.

Not at all.

If there isn't an undecided choice, just put down biochem and and mole genetics. You can always change them later.

I am going to put down BioChem...hopefully if I get in and change my mind I can switch to engineering.

Thanks for the link...reading through it now. Looks like it may be best to avoid Engineering for now.