NC DPT Cycle 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything from WCU lately or does anyone have an upcoming deadline to respond there? Thanks!
Have you heard anything from WCU?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got in today!! :luck: I will be accepting, but it seems the list is moving faster now! Now I just have to decide between Cullowhee or Asheville...

Reactions: 1 user
I just got in today!! :luck: I will be accepting, but it seems the list is moving faster now! Now I just have to decide between Cullowhee or Asheville...
Congrats!!! Still waiting to hear good news but I’m glad there is some movement! The last I heard I was pretty high on the waitlist so I think there’s still a chance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got phone call from Elon offering admission. 4/4/2019

Congrats! Still waiting to get off the waitlist. Did they send you any email about admissions? When is the deadline for making the decision?

Congrats! Still waiting to get off the waitlist. Did they send you any email about admissions? When is the deadline for making the decision?

Thank you!
They initially called me, they are giving me till Monday to verbally accept the offer, then they’ll send me an email with the actually acceptance letter! Then the official deadline will be Friday for the letter. I hear that a lot of people decline due to the price. Something I’m really thinking over right now

Sorry, I just saw this! I tried, but it won’t let me!
I was just gonna ask how long they gave you to decide and any info you can give me? I heard last week that I was pretty High up on the list and I have no idea what my chances are at this point!

do you mind sharing your stats?

Not at all!

Major: Finance (graduated in 2016 and did my prerequisites between 2017 and 2018)
cGPA: 3.19
pGPA: 3.3-3.45 depending on school (this includes some retakes)
GRE: 156 Verbal, 153 Quantitative, 4.5 AW

Observation: 126 hours over 4 different settings

LORs: 2 PTs, 1 anatomy professor, and my boss in my current career

Extracurricular: 3 years experience working in finance and worked full time while taking prerequisites, Sorority in undergrad, physiology club, pre health society, undergrad anatomy cadaver lab TA, worked 25 hours a week in undergrad in retail and an internship in finance, full-time coffee shop manager during summers in undergrad, led a discussion with Egyptian college students regarding science and innovation in Cairo

Applied: Dayton, Cincinnati, Walsh, Ohio U, Ohio State, Mount St. Joseph, Wheeling Jesuit, Duke, High Point, MUSC, Shenandoah, Army-Baylor, Bellarmine, and University of Maryland-Baltimore

Interviews: High Point (10/19), Mount St. Joseph (11/9), Wheeling Jesuit (11/16 - declined), Shenandoah (12/18), Walsh (declined)

Acceptances: High Point (11/7), MSJ (11/16), Shenandoah, University of Cincinnati, MUSC

Rejections: Ohio U, Army-Baylor, Dayton, OU, OSU, Duke, UMB

Waitlists: None

Never heard from Bellarmine. I decided to attend High Point!!

Also the low GPAs come from the beginning of my undergrad when I wasn’t taking it as seriously as I should have so that is when I switched to finance. I realized right before graduation that I still really wanted to do PT so I buckled down and took my prerequisites very seriously. My post-bacc GPA was 3.7.

Not at all!

Major: Finance (graduated in 2016 and did my prerequisites between 2017 and 2018)

Extracurricular: 3 years experience working in finance and worked full time while taking prerequisites, Sorority in undergrad, physiology club, pre health society, undergrad anatomy cadaver lab TA, worked 25 hours a week in undergrad in retail and an internship in finance, full-time coffee shop manager during summers in undergrad, led a discussion with Egyptian college students regarding science and innovation in Cairo

Applied: Dayton, Cincinnati, Walsh, Ohio U, Ohio State, Mount St. Joseph, Wheeling Jesuit, Duke, High Point, MUSC, Shenandoah, Army-Baylor, Bellarmine, and University of Maryland-Baltimore

Interviews: High Point (10/19), Mount St. Joseph (11/9), Wheeling Jesuit (11/16 - declined), Shenandoah (12/18), Walsh (declined)

Acceptances: High Point (11/7), MSJ (11/16), Shenandoah, University of Cincinnati, MUSC

Also the low GPAs come from the beginning of my undergrad when I wasn’t taking it as seriously as I should have so that is when I switched to finance. I realized right before graduation that I still really wanted to do PT so I buckled down and took my prerequisites very seriously. My post-bacc GPA was 3.7.
I am so late but thank you! I have an interview at High Point next Friday. Do you like the program?

Anybody hear back from Western Carolina????

Not at all!

Did it concern you that the program is not accredited yet?

Not at all!

Hi! When did you hear back from MUSC with your acceptance? Thanks!

Not at all!

When did you find out you were rejected from Duke and accepted in MUSC?

When did you find out you were rejected from Duke and accepted in MUSC?
One of the PTs I work with graduated from MUSC a few years ago and she said she heard back around Thanksgiving/Christmas