NBDE part 1 raw scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaby

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you took the NEW format NBDE Part 1, please post your results here:

Raw score:
Final score:

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

I took my part 1 on march 27th.I got my score today

raw score 304/400
Composite 86
ANAT-72
PHYSIO/BIOCHEM-75
DA-81
MICRO/PATH-76

Please help me understand my chances of getting admission.

Thanks

plz can anyone tell me i got my score and iam confuse that i pass it put i didnt get 75 in every section
so it doesnt matter if i got overall more than 75 even i didnt in every section
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
First I read the decks. Then I give the old tests to see how is the exam actually. Then 2 months I take break and read Qur'an. I made reschedule so I not show my right I.D. I read again the decks, and gave test with presence of great Allah and...WE GO...99!!!

First I read the decks. Then I give the old tests to see how is the exam actually. Then 2 months I take break and read Qur'an. I made reschedule so I not show my right I.D. I read again the decks, and gave test with presence of great Allah and...WE GO...99!!!

Great success!!! Congrats on your scores!

I just did the decks and the old tests but I got a 71. The only section I passed was dental anatomy.

Did the qur'an help that much? What study guide is this and where can I get it from. Is it expensive? are you selling your old one? Thanks.

Great success!!! Congrats on your scores!

I just did the decks and the old tests but I got a 71. The only section I passed was dental anatomy.

Did the qur'an help that much? What study guide is this and where can I get it from. Is it expensive? are you selling your old one? Thanks.

excuse me dradledradle...
Qur’an is the holy book from god to Muslims…!

lool
Quran is a Holy book rather than a prep. material for NBDE:)

any way, for those who scored 90+, did you review the whole materila after your first reading or just concentrate on doing exams?
i am almost done with my first reading and unsure whether to go again over the material+ donig exams once OR just concentrate on doing exams for twice or even 3 times

i still have 3 weeks to go prior to the exam

i just took the exam yesterday. i thought it was difficult and i don't feel that i passed. i used 2006 dental decks and first aid nbde and felt that they fell short of the detail needed to do well. i would highly recommend supplementing these resources with something more. did anyone else feel as if they failed and yet passed??

One other note: DO ALL THE PRACTICE EXAMS at least twice--you will be happy you did.

Just got my score.
raw: 341
comp:93

When I saw my score, i can't help bursting into tears.
I spent almost 4 months on it, and i felt so rewarding.

Hope all you guys get a high score.

actually i don't have a lot to say.
i used first aid as my primary material, then dental deck (but i didn't depend on it much), the released papers as well.
i think your education background is very important, because the exam does cover a very wide range, and you can't review them all in such a short period of time, say several months to half a year.

Members don't see this ad :)
This was posted earlier from someone else.
I was just wondering what the numbers in () were? Any help on this would be appreciated.

overall: 88 or 322/400
anat sci: 80 (64.6)
biochem/physio: 79 (60.4)
micro/path: 79 (65)
DA/occ: 84 (73.4)

Thanks for getting that cleared up for me.

I was looking at scores and have kind of figured that the raw scores 350=90, 300=85, 250=80, and 200=75.

What do you guys think? Is this pretty close, or does it vary?

Hey guys.. do yall know if the Kaplan Lecture notes have been updated recently? I don't want to have to buy them from Kaplan b/c you have to buy the course and it's like $300 and a friend from school gave me his old Kaplan review book for Part I (I believe it's from 2006 or so.. it has a white cover with a blue tooth on it?!?!?!). I'm hoping to just use this along with First Aid USMLE for Biochem, Micro, and Path references and then decks? Please let me know what you think about this. Thanks so much and good luck to all!

hey so i took my part 1, and ended up with a sucky 76,
however i do have a 4.0 from grad school, im an international grad.

i should ideally take part 1 again, or take my chances and sit for part 2 neway?

just need a second opinion cause im a bit confused...

just how bad duz part 1 score matter?

hey wiki, i'm sorry to hear about you dismay of your score. would you mind telling us what your raw score was?

thank you.

Anyone have any advice on my question? Thanks a lot. Wiki I'm sorry to hear about your circumstance as well and hope things work out! I don't have much advice to offer yet b/c i haven't taken part I

hey anybody who has taken the nbde 1 in last week of april got their scores yet ?

hey so i took my part 1, and ended up with a sucky 76,
however i do have a 4.0 from grad school, im an international grad.

i should ideally take part 1 again, or take my chances and sit for part 2 neway?

just need a second opinion cause im a bit confused...

just how bad duz part 1 score matter?

I think you should definitely retake. You have a great GPA but you need a Part I score at least in the mid-to upper 80's. My opinion is to retake Part I and then study for Part II as you still have the information for Part I fresh in your memory.
Good luck!

hey jawz,

i took mine on april 23 and i haven't received my scores yet. i've heard some say that they come in at about 2 weeks while others say 3 weeks. i'm hoping they come in today. if so, i will be posting my raw score and the calculated score (pass or fail), for all to see even though i don't believe i did very well.

i think it helps viewers of this forum to see the full range of scores so we know what is passing and what is not.

hopefully we get the scores we're looking for. g'luck!

I think my scores got lost in the mail or something. I called ADA to see if they had been mailed yet and they said there were mailed on May 7. It's been a full week and i havent gotten them yet. This is killing me!! ADA won't tell me if I passed or not. Anyone else having this problem??

Yeah, I passed!!:thumbup:

Ok, so here are my scores.

comp score: 80

(subject:my score:natl mean)

anatomy: 64: 64.6
biochem/phys: 65 : 60.4
Micro/Path: 68 : 65
DA: 73 : 73.4

For all those who are reading this and preparing to take the exam. I thought for sure I failed this. It's easy to get discouraged when you have a stream of questions that you aren't sure of the answer. So, even if you think you failed it, you probably didn't. If I were to take it again (which I won't!) I would pay more attention to old tests. In fact, I'd probably do each of them twice. Good luck fellow students!

ps. Thanks huggies for your encouragement!

Hey JR8047 congrats, that's great, you must be just over the moon...
and your score is not too shabby...and here you thought you were going to fail.
Good for you:D:D:D

Dear Friends
I just got my score
Comp 88
Ana 82
Patho/ Micro 83
Da/DH 83
Phys/Bio 69:(
GPA is 3.2 Toefl 95
I am FTD having 6 yrs of experiance in Dental School ( F/T) teaching and Research Assistant and Private office ( P/T)

Please suggest me what to do next ? retake part 1 again to improve on Phy/bio
or take part 2

Dear Friends
I just got my score
Comp 88
Ana 82
Patho/ Micro 83
Da/DH 83
GPA is 3.2 Toefl 95
I am FTD having 6 yrs of experiance in Dental School ( F/T) teaching and Research Assistant and Private office ( P/T)

or take part 2

hey congrtas for the wonderful score...
why do u want to give it again?
is the break up of scores imp?

Congratulations to all!! So many great scores!!!
Can anybody who already took the new format test let me know, how close your real score compared to the scores that you got when you were practicing those old released papers?.... saying like the 80's papers, almost 20 years old already. :confused: I really want to know where I am at right now.Thanks a lot!

Dear Friends
I just got my score
Comp 88
Ana 82
Patho/ Micro 83
Da/DH 83
GPA is 3.2 Toefl 95

or take part 2

Oh~ your score is pretty nice! I think you dont hv to retake, but take part2 instead. I know some of school require Toefl> 100, but that's probably fine, you can retake it after getting admission.

hi
i took my exam on april 29th..havent received the scores yet..
has anyone else not received the scores...

Can anybody kindly let me know how close the scores you estimated in your practice with the old papers compared to the score you got in the real exam?
Also, is there any kind of simulated test disc available that I can use to have a feeling with such a computer-based test?

Can anybody kindly let me know how close the scores you estimated in your practice with the old papers compared to the score you got in the real exam?
Also, is there any kind of simulated test disc available that I can use to have a feeling with such a computer-based test?
yes you can. there is something called crack the nbde available that gives you 3 practice tests.

also i need to confirm something I read. your raw score is not the number of questions you get right. you need to get 50-55 questions right in a section to get a raw score of 75. can somebody confirm this please.

yes you can. there is something called crack the nbde available that gives you 3 practice tests.

also i need to confirm something I read. your raw score is not the number of questions you get right. you need to get 50-55 questions right in a section to get a raw score of 75. can somebody confirm this please.

your "raw" score IS the representative of the number of questions you got right. So if you get 55 questions right on each section, that should give you an overall passing mark of 75.

hey bluebonnet, i found the scores i was getting on the practice tests were on par with what i got on the real deal. however, i thought the da section was a tad easier than past exams. in my opinion, either way the practice exams give a nice indicator of how you will do on the real thing. g'luck!

hi everyone,
first ,i would like to convey my thanks to everyone who is contributing for this forum.my score is 93
total 340
anat 87(64.6)
biochen/phisio 78(60.4)
micro/patho 85(65)
dental anatomy 90(73.4)

once again my thanks to all the friends. I wish u all the best for your :thumbup:exams.

That's a great score, congratulations, now you can put your feet up and do something other than studying....something I'll be doing in 3WEEKS.

How did you review 1week before your exam, what materials did you use?

Got 90 in Part1, 3.2 GPA, and 102 Toefl.

Comp SCore: 90

Anatomy: 87(64.6)
BiChem/ Physio: 77(60.4)
MicroBio/Path:81(65)
Dental Anatomy: 84(73.4)

Where could I get in. Experts please advise.

Last edited:
Hey,
Why did you use the USMILE first aid instead of the NBDE first aid?

I studied from the Kaplan lecture notes, USMLE first aid, and my own personal notes from the past year and a half in school. I didn't use the decks because I thought they were weak in a lot of areas and incomplete/nonexistant in many others. Lets put it this way, everybody studies the decks and not everybody kills the exam. I studied for 3 weeks or so for about 18 hours a day. Hope this helps.

Got 90 in Part1, 3.2 GPA, and 102 Toefl.

Comp SCore: 90

Anatomy: 87(64.6)
BiChem/ Physio: 77(60.4)
MicroBio/Path:81(65)
Dental Anatomy: 84(73.4)

Where could I get in. Experts please advise.

Congratulations on your score!When did you take the exam?

hi
i think last month before exam is crucial,i did old papers,revised all the subjects ,last weak i studied my own notes .