NBDE part 1 2010: Raw scores & Comp score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riseup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
For all those who have taken their NBDE part 1 in 2010, please share your Raw scores and Composite scores.
It would help the prospective students have an idea about the scoring pattern as it's a ONE TRY exam only if you pass!

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I think he's a US dental student taking Part I (like I am).

These NBDE I forums are so saturated with foreign-trained applicants, I think it is easy to forget that US-based dental students are also taking the exam.

Btw...nice job Jiga. Definitely a score to be proud of.

I got my results.

Composite score is 85.

Anatomy- 74
Biochemistry & Physiology- 71
Microbiology & Pathology- 71
Dental Anatomy- 85

Total score- 302. Just missed my 86 percentile with 1 mark. Feel just missed good score.
I am happy, although not very happy, as I worked for 1 1/2 year dedicatedly. Though, its very long time in my life, I feel that it gave me a fruit, for which i was altogether waiting.
let me see if i can get into any dental school.

Congratulations on your great score.
Have u taken Toefl exam? R u applying to colleges or preparing for part 2?
I got my results.

Composite score is 85.

Anatomy- 74
Biochemistry & Physiology- 71
Microbiology & Pathology- 71
Dental Anatomy- 85

Total score- 302. Just missed my 86 percentile with 1 mark. Feel just missed good score.
I am happy, although not very happy, as I worked for 1 1/2 year dedicatedly. Though, its very long time in my life, I feel that it gave me a fruit, for which i was altogether waiting.
let me see if i can get into any dental school.

Members don't see this ad :)
@umbrella 84: i am sad that i just missed with 1-2 marks, 86 percentile. it means to me a lot. my friends got into NYU with 86 & 87. but not even 1 got into schools with 85 without part-2. So writing my TOEFL, this month, let me apply then probably let me see. My G.P.A is less than 3. so no chances, need to build my profile. It takes hell lot of time. How abt your plans with your 82 score. my friend got interview from colorado with same percentile. Her gpa is 3.56, but she didnt get admission.

@elephants: Congrats. That was the score I was literally aiming at, but missed it by 2 marks. felt very bad. luck just missed me. all the best for your future.

@dental sculptor:I m thinking of preparing for part 2. At this point I am having time off.
Thanks for your kind words and good luck with your admission. Keep us posted. :thumbup:

@umbrella 84: i am sad that i just missed with 1-2 marks, 86 percentile. it means to me a lot. my friends got into NYU with 86 & 87. but not even 1 got into schools with 85 without part-2. So writing my TOEFL, this month, let me apply then probably let me see. My G.P.A is less than 3. so no chances, need to build my profile. It takes hell lot of time. How abt your plans with your 82 score. my friend got interview from colorado with same percentile. Her gpa is 3.56, but she didnt get admission.

@elephants: Congrats. That was the score I was literally aiming at, but missed it by 2 marks. felt very bad. luck just missed me. all the best for your future.

Hi
I am jus new to this site...:)
I am an intern jus completing now in sept 2010 n thn i have to give NBDE...
So can anyone guide me what all do i need to study n all in detail plz...n from whr can i gt the study material??
N i have heard recently that we can give exam only once for NBDE from 2010 ...Is it true??;)

Composite 90
Raw 329

Studied mainly decks, first aid, wiki

First congrat.on ur score !
Second ur sayin u got 90 and u only did nbde ist aid and decks ,,, that is impossible for 90 score ....unless u made a print out of all the wikki for NBDE then thats possible.!!!!!:laugh:

Second ur sayin u got 90 and u only did nbde ist aid and decks ,,, that is impossible for 90 score ....unless u made a print out of all the wikki for NBDE then thats possible.!!!!!:laugh:
decks first aid wiki impossible for 90????? Then what according to you is that extra edge for a 90??

decks first aid wiki impossible for 90????? Then what according to you is that extra edge for a 90??

Well let me put it this way so simple!
if u want a 90 then u have to do wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than decks and NBDE ist aid ,,belive me..what u really need is KAPLAN book then ull be fine...yes +all of ASDA papers !

Hope iam clear..!:cool:

If u go and write ur exam by just doin decks and nbde ist aid,,it not goin to take u more than 80-83..

Bye take care and study good.

Well let me put it this way so simple!
if u want a 90 then u have to do wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than decks and NBDE ist aid ,,belive me..what u really need is KAPLAN book then ull be fine...yes +all of ASDA papers !

Hope iam clear..!:cool:

If u go and write ur exam by just doin decks and nbde ist aid,,it not goin to take u more than 80-83..

Bye take care and study good.

Thank You!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone guide me. from where can i buy the ASDA papers. i m from india and i m trying to buy KAPLAN study material. Please help.

You are ridiculous, of course its possible to get more than a 90 just by using those sources. Might not be the norm, but you make it sound like he's lying. Im fairly confident I scored over 90 and I also only used first aid and decks...

You as dental student,,its possible bec. in ur school they give u all of the HIGH yield material and later as a review u guys do nbde ist aid and decks...other than that noooooo way..to get 90,,,..common sense..

Hey guys!
People say that once you start scoring 85+ in ASDA papers you know that you are prepared for your exam... so i just wanted to know that the 85+ score they talk about is from the first attempt on the test or a repeated attempt after learning the mistakes???? coz im just able to score in the late 70s and early 80s in my first attempt!

Hi bratdoc: i dont know whether i can say or not as i never scored so much in first attempt. I got only around 70's in my released papers and 85 in dental anat. I got the same in actual test. So i think if you are scoring 85 in all of the exams. its 320 altogether in all subjects combined together, so do laltest papers like I-J,I-K,I-L, to know where you are standing
all the best.

Hi bratdoc: i dont know whether i can say or not as i never scored so much in first attempt. I got only around 70's in my released papers and 85 in dental anat. I got the same in actual test. So i think if you are scoring 85 in all of the exams. its 320 altogether in all subjects combined together, so do laltest papers like I-J,I-K,I-L, to know where you are standing
all the best.
Thanx!! Im scoring just the same!!! in 70s in all subjects and mid 80s in dent anat! But i have left the L M N papers for later..... How much did u score?!!

anatomy 77
micro/path 76
Biochem 72
Dental Anatomy 82

Raw 507

composite 87

@dkny2kx: congrats. I just missed 86 by two marks. felt to go back to that day make changes and get 86 or 87. Bad luck.

Last edited:
@bratdoc: For my profile. i don't think so as i got just 2.9 G.P.A and so very less chances of getting to dental schools. TOEFL is less than 90. don't know what to do. life is a big puzzle,

@bratdoc: For my profile. i don't think so as i got just 2.9 G.P.A and so very less chances of getting to dental schools. TOEFL is less than 90. don't know what to do. life is a big puzzle,
Dnt worry Dental Sculptor just build on ur profile ... give toefl again and if possible give Part 2 also to broaden ur options for dental schols!

@bratdoc: I have given my TOEFl and it went really went very bad. Previously got 89. Now i don't think i will get 80. Let me see. Thanks for the support. Will prepare for NBDE-2 from tomorrow. It seems that, NBDE-2 is pretty tough when compared with part-1. All of them who took it said this. Let me see. For part-1, i took 1.5 yrs and so i might take >1.5 yrs for this.

hi!
can anyone pls tell me dat if i give my exam next year in oct or nov.. Can i still apply for admissions fr d session 2012?:confused::confused:

anatomic s. 78
bio/physio 73
micro/path 81
dental ana/occ 85
raw 317
comp score 88
my gpa is 2.54,toefl 95,have 4 yrs of assistin experience and RDA license,citizen....do u think I can get in USC or NYU without part 2?

Hi, do you know if someone tested early august and got their score report? I tested August 2nd and no report till now! I hate waiting!

Hi, do you know if someone tested early august and got their score report? I tested August 2nd and no report till now! I hate waiting!

I got mine yesterday. I took the test on Aug 2nd.

Comp 88
Anat 81
Bio/Phy 75
Micr/Path 79
Dent Anat 88

I got mine august 9th,and I have received it already...It's just that I don't know if I have any chance for getting in with 88,and gpa 2.54,toefl 95,citizen,4 yrs rda assisting?where do u think I should apply for?pls help..

got my result yesterday, took the exam on August 07
my scores are:
anat:84
physio biochem:79
micro patho:87
da/dh:91
comp score: 93
good luck to all of you:thumbup:

congratulations all u guyz.....its so nice 2 see evrybdy getting above 85% jus 4m sdn....its such an inspiration for all of us exm goin ppl....feels gud!
gudluck to u all!

hey

i took my part 1 in june 2010
comp score :84
anat :75
biochem:60
micro/path:78
dent anat:80

have a gpa :3.8 tofel :113 and two yrs of work ex in country of residence and also month of observership with a dentist in the US..

hmmm..i am here to ask what re my chances of getting into a college and is there anything else i can do to spruce up mu resume..

also in my score card it says "student hasn't completed requirements for the national board certificate"
what does this mean..
my status says i have passed

Hi,
congrats to everyone for such a good score .u guys have started filling cappid so can anyone tell what and how to write the personal statement
section ?plz help me.
thank you in advance.

Just got my scores. I took the exam on July 28.

Anatomic Science: 91
Biochem/Physiology: 93
Microbio/Path: 87
Dent Anat/Occlusion: 91
Raw: 362
Comp: 99

I took the exam after 2 years of dental school in Canada. We went through the med curriculum and that seemed to help a lot. Other than that, I used the dental decks and old exams. Studied for 12 days straight, 12h/day.
Good luck everyone!

hi every1 jus joined the network. i need help on geting the asda papers..wher can i find them??? also, the dental decks???

I took the exam after 2 years of dental school in Canada. We went through the med curriculum and that seemed to help a lot. Other than that, I used the dental decks and old exams. Studied for 12 days straight, 12h/day.
Good luck everyone!

hi bill. i was wondering can i have your decks and old papers, if u still have them..??

hi bill. i was wondering can i have your decks and old papers, if u still have them..??[/QUOTE]

I was just given a booklet from one of my upper year colleagues with all the old papers. Same with the decks. I'm sure you'll be able to find the old papers and decks in a torrent online somewhere. I've heard about people finding them that way.

Good luck everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS!!:thumbup:
Unbelievable!! :eek:

You can get a new copy of the ASDA papers buy going to their website. Or if you don't want to spend that much. You can buy it cheaper from somebody who already has it or on ebay or from your friends.

For the Dental Decks too, you can buy it for chepaer form somebody else or the original ones from http://www.dentaldecks.com/Pages/Default.aspx

Good Luck !!

hi every1 jus joined the network. i need help on geting the asda papers..wher can i find them??? also, the dental decks???

Good luck everyone!

HATSOFF 2U MAN.....:clap::clap::clap::clap: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hi guys, I am posting my scores here

Composite scores 90
Raw scores

85 anatomy
83 DA DH
84 Physio/ biochem
80 Micro path

If anyone needs help regarding preparation you can put forward the Qns.

Hi guys, I am posting my scores here

Composite scores 90
Raw scores

85 anatomy
83 DA DH
84 Physio/ biochem
80 Micro path

If anyone needs help regarding preparation you can put forward the Qns.

CONGRATULATIONS.....gr8 job!!!:thumbup::thumbup::)
U CUD HELP US BY POSTING UR EXPERIENCE...like how did u study,how many hours,wad all materials did u refer.... n lastly sm tips 4 all da exm going students...thanx

Hello everybody,

I am an Indian citizen... got my score today....its 82...
I am confused...do i have a chance ?
my gpa is 3.9 and toefl is 113.....
Plz help

i relly need it!!!!

thanks