NBDE-2 Score thread and Experience.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MitPat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Why don't we start NBDE-2 score thread and the experience associated with the exam. Please feel free to jolt down your total part-2 preperation schedule and books used for the success , and share with everybody.
Thanks.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does any one knowof any body who appealed for a score regrade and there scores were changed or if the ada computed the wrong score.

Never heard of score change after an appeal to NBDE, In fact you are wellcome to share thought if anyone had appeal their results and its procedure. Its a nice topic.:luck:

So,
I appealed my score for nbde part I, as I got a 74. They came sent me a notice the follwoing week, that my score is at is. Honestly, I don't even think they do it, I think they just say they do. I know how awful it is to get a 74. It is such a bad feeling :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry that u have to go through this hell, I can imagine the stage you are in, its wish u best of luck

So,
I appealed my score for nbde part I, as I got a 74. They came sent me a notice the follwoing week, that my score is at is. Honestly, I don't even think they do it, I think they just say they do. I know how awful it is to get a 74. It is such a bad feeling :(

hello, i took my exam on the 20th and 21st december, no results yet....
any news from anyone??

What subjects would most people say their exams had a lot of? One of my friends said his exam had a lot of oral surgery & endo, but he claims he didn't have any repeat questions. Could you guys share your opinions of your experiences and some example questions that stood out. Also, one person stated that an ironic exam question they had was name what is on the bottom of the food pyramid? This is not dentistry, so is this question fair?!?

Hey Guys,
I got my scores today... I got a 77 on Part II. Though to many that wouldn't be a great score...to me it's great because now I can graduate in January!!!! Thank you for all your encouragement!

Hey Guys,
I got my scores today... I got a 77 on Part II. Though to many that wouldn't be a great score...to me it's great because now I can graduate in January!!!! Thank you for all your encouragement!

Congratulation! I took mine last thus and friday. It was tough. Which school are you going too ?

Members don't see this ad :)
allright future dentites i got my results back and THANK GOD i passed. But please do not understimate this exam. I personally think it is mucho harder than part 1 to pass. I know of 2 people that easily passed part 1 but flunked the part 2.

I got approximately 350 out 500 right and ended up with a composite score of 81. A freind of mine got 271 out of 500 right and got a 71. He is depressed as hell. Do yourself a favor and make it a one time exprience.

Good luck to everyone.

allright future dentites i got my results back and THANK GOD i passed. But please do not understimate this exam. I personally think it is mucho harder than part 1 to pass. I know of 2 people that easily passed part 1 but flunked the part 2.

I got approximately 350 out 500 right and ended up with a composite score of 81. A freind of mine got 271 out of 500 right and got a 71. He is depressed as hell. Do yourself a favor and make it a one time exprience.

Good luck to everyone.

May you be so kind, and tell us how you prepared for this exam? Im in the process of preparing right now, and my aim is to get an 85 or above.

I actually didn't apply to Nebraska, but not because of the rivalry:oops:, I was told they required the GRE which I didn't take, so I didn't bother applying there, also the endo faculty at my school are fairly close with the UNL faculty and the unwritten rule is that they will offer interviews to current Creighton students, but they never offer them spots because they want more experience, hopefully you can buck that trend Loco

Just recalling the facts my brother.:cool:

Thanks for sharing your Part-2 experience, And you r right its much harder to clear part-2 then part-1.Thanks.:thumbup:

Good luck to everyone.

I passssssed...... damn.. .it was a hard test. I thought I did very well but ended up with the score in mid-80s. I don't care anymore.... now time to prepare for WREB. I'd used Decks, Mosby's book and coupe of released exams for my studying. Good luck everyone out there on this damn exam.

I took the exam in early December of 2007. I thought it was very difficult. I ended up with a composite score of 90. I went through the decks once and looked at the released exam questions (1991, 1993, 2006 compilation).[/QUOT

what does composite score of 90 means?

sorry if i m too naive to understand

Composite score is derived from the number of correct answers you scored Versus rest of the pool scored on the same version or standard of the NBDE part 2 test paper since Jan 2007.

Even part 2 scores have been reported in Composite format with an immediate effect after the part 1 new format was implemented.

so your part 2 score is highly impressive and will have an edge for MATCH in top specialities ...

hope this helps

best wishes

Congrats and good luck for WERB , Like the word Damn..... its over now move ahead Nice score anyway,,,,, good luck.:thumbup:

I passssssed...... damn.. .it was a hard test. I thought I did very well but ended up with the score in mid-80s. I don't care anymore.... now time to prepare for WREB. I'd used Decks, Mosby's book and coupe of released exams for my studying. Good luck everyone out there on this damn exam.

Hi guys, congrat for those who have passed and good luck to those who are about to,
would u please share your experience to us what materials u studied and what should we focus on more to get more than 80?
thanks

Hi,
I took my test on 21 and 22nd, I have not recieved the score yet I am nervous like hell, this is my 3rd time taking it, it was still tough for me, Like some of you I got 74 both previous time. I am tiered of taking it and wnat to give up completely. I do not know what to do.

Hi
I got 74 again, i wan to die, please any one help me to pass this exam....

Hi,sorry to here this my dear, If i can suggest you one thing then it would be to put off every thing about part-2 and take a break for couple of month not losing touch on the material that yo have read so far but just revising on and off and start with your full effort again , i am sure it will help.:thumbup:

Hi
I got 74 again, i wan to die, please any one help me to pass this exam....

Thank you for the concern. I can not afford to take the break I have to pass to graduate. I did very well on first day, I did very badly second day, ahich pulled down my score. Can any one please suggest me a book or a place to get coaching on this or read about case based section. please guide me all the resourses you know. I will spend the money and put the efffort. I am going to try one last time with all my energy. Please help me.

Thanks to all of you in anticipation of help.

I have dental decks of 04 and very old kaplan book, released papers. I just bought Mosby part 2 book. Please let me know if there are any thing else that will prepare me for second day and also improve my first day.

I apprecite all the help.
rado

I think you have it but it would be good if you have recent edition deck as they update it with new version, also try making your basic concept clear it would help a lot solving hard q , also buy dental secrets by stephen sonis its good one too.:thumbup:

I have dental decks of 04 and very old kaplan book, released papers. I just bought Mosby part 2 book. Please let me know if there are any thing else that will prepare me for second day and also improve my first day.

I apprecite all the help.
rado

hi
my opinion is u go thru the textbooks... atleast fr the topics u need 2 know in detail. as far as the testlets go they r pretty well distributed among dif. subjectys like endo prostho perio. so see what type of qs were hard--like u know i had tough time with endo--tyoes of posts when to use when 2 not.. so on.. and also ortho diff tyoes of analysis.. so find the weak area and b thourough in them. even i didnt do very well on 2nd day.. but what i felt was to read specified books..good luck.

To all those who passed,

Can you pls show you score and the equivalent grade that you get.

I just saw the other guy scored 350 out of 500 in NDBE part 2 and got a grade of 81.Just need your help because my grade was 370 out 500 but I got 72.

I took the exams in california, I just don't know if the grading percentile here is different to some other states.

Thank you very much

Its a nice query as to how NBDE scores our results based on correct answer on our results, I had seen this even with my friends that if your # of correct answers out of 500 Q does not gives you same % percentile. some got away with good results and some still having hard time passing,Don't know why does anyone haw the answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or it might be the curve that is responsible for this instability in the % recieved at the end. Also percentile are same for all state as its just one body i.e NBDE that conduct this exams.
Thanks nice one.:thumbup:

Hey Guys... I took it January 18-19th. I found the Day 1 to be ok but Day 2 was really tough...didn't feel confident on many answers. In any case and advice on when I should find out on the results? Any advice would be great as I'm very nervous @ this point....thanks:(

results will be in 2week time or even earlier, sorry that your 2nd day went bad, i think every body have the same problem as yours day 2 seems like easy but very difficult to pridict a correct ans. Good luck for the result.:thumbup:

I took part 2 the week of the 7th. Results came today, got an 89. I was pleasantly surprised. After reading this thread prior to taking the test and after having taken it, I was pretty nervous that I wouldn't pass. I thought the test was hard - harder than old tests and the questions were poorly worded and not straightforward.

But that being said, the test wasn't that hard. I studied less than 2 weeks, watched a lot of football while studying, went through the decks one time, and studied old tests thoroughly. The test has a lot of bad questions, but for the majority it was straight forward - right from classes I had in dental school. I think if you were successful in learning the material from your classes 1st, 2nd and 3rd years, passing the exam shouldn't be an issue. Sorry to buck the trend of this thread but this test is do-able.

congrats, nice score as far as part-2 is concern. Its encouraging to here from you besides wrongly worded and tricky Q's, I think it will be harder for guys who haven't been to dental school in U.S as level of education gain makes a difference as well in their country. Good luck barbwire thanks a lot for your frank opinion.:thumbup:

Out of curiosity...I'm awaiting my Part II score and want to know is the envelope thick or thin? I remember reading the in candidate guide if we pass Part II successfully you are given a certificate. Anyway, just wanting to get an idea what to expect in the mail....:rolleyes:

Out of curiosity...I'm awaiting my Part II score and want to know is the envelope thick or thin? I remember reading the in candidate guide if we pass Part II successfully you are given a certificate. Anyway, just wanting to get an idea what to expect in the mail....:rolleyes:

its jus a thin envelope that means a lot!! you can apply for the certificate later...

anyone taking exam part-2 in feb end please post as we can discuss some complexities associated with exam q's.:thumbup:

from where are u reading different types of post used and implants?

1 doubt''
acc to the hydrodynamic theory, the cause of pain is inward or outward fluid movement in dentinal tubules?

i have read inward and outward movement..

hey does anyone know how they make thier calculation for you final score? My score was a 305/500 and my comp. score was a 72. Help...... I'm really depressed about all of this.

Good luck to everyone.

1 doubt''
acc to the hydrodynamic theory, the cause of pain is inward or outward fluid movement in dentinal tubules?

In my opinion, it is the inward movement that causes the pain. The pain nerve endings are at the beginning of pulp chamber, below the dentinal layer. The fluid may then move back and forth. But the pressure applied on a tooth, first pushes the fluid down.

correct me if wrong....

1 doubt''

u can read abt implants in any oral surgery book or i felt fpd by rosensteil equally good.. try that.. it has all info.. good luck.

Hi all,

I had my part 2 on 15 n 16th jan. As per my experience i felt only 30-40% was from released exams otherwise there were lot of new questions which i never heard of.I dont want to discourage anyone taking the exams, but do ur best and read some topics form ada website that might help.
Good luck with exams...

hey guys, i took my part 2 14/15 jan. i got my results yesterday and I thank God that I passed.
To others who are preparing for it, I did the decks once - certain decks like prsotho and oral path and pharm twice. I also went thru the kaplan book, and if something wasnt clear i used the mosby study guide which was really comprehensive. 2 weeks before the exam i was doing the exams from the ADA, 2005, 1993 and 1991. i think i did these twice, if i didnt understand anything i looked it up, just understanding the concepts.
This exam is doable, I am not the brightest of students, but just focusing on this for a month, one can definitely get thru this. YOU can do it, just believe it, have confidence, you have done 4 years of dental school. Just believe it and and it will be yours. YOU CAN DO IT!!

hey guys, i took my part 2 14/15 jan. i got my results yesterday and I thank God that I passed.
To others who are preparing for it, I did the decks once - certain decks like prsotho and oral path and pharm twice. I also went thru the kaplan book, and if something wasnt clear i used the mosby study guide which was really comprehensive. 2 weeks before the exam i was doing the exams from the ADA, 2005, 1993 and 1991. i think i did these twice, if i didnt understand anything i looked it up, just understanding the concepts.
This exam is doable, I am not the brightest of students, but just focusing on this for a month, one can definitely get thru this. YOU can do it, just believe it, have confidence, you have done 4 years of dental school. Just believe it and and it will be yours. YOU CAN DO IT!!

How long will it take to prepare for paret2??
And where to get released 2006 paper?

I took the exam in early December of 2007. I thought it was very difficult. I ended up with a composite score of 90. I went through the decks once and looked at the released exam questions (1991, 1993, 2006 compilation).

From where did you get released exam questions--2006?????

Thanks for puttin in your precious input for NBDE-2 exam, keep on doing it thanks.:thumbup: