Navy Selection Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

findingnemo13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the selection boards are for the Navy?

Members don't see this ad.

The first one was on December 20th, not sure when the next one is.

My recruiter said there is only one board that meets in April.... And he said there are only about 18 people with active kits right now... Who do I believe?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is ridiculous. My recruiter keeps saying soon. How do we find someone who actually knows?

I had my application complete before December and my recruiter said that that first selection committee would meet December 20th. However, he said that there were only three kits in at the time so they may do it later.

I had my application complete before December and my recruiter said that that first selection committee would meet December 20th. However, he said that there were only three kits in at the time so they may do it later.

Yeah, I think they meet when there are enough applicants to review, meaning they won't do with 3 people.

Yeah, I was one of the original three. Hopefully we will hear soon. Where are all you all looking at going to school?

My recruiter told me one candidate from my state had already been accepted. Crazy, since I didn't know it would be this early. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll make it in time for the Jan. boards. Anyone know the definite amount of spots they are offering this year? My recruiter mentioned 50?

Has anyone received updates regarding the HPSP board meeting? Thanks.

I'm curious too. I am still waiting on my application and my recruiter keeps saying "he doesn't know when boards will meet."

If anyone knows when it is, can you please let us know!

Thank you!

They are so vague about everything. Do they not understand that we have time sensitive decisions to make based on their decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious too. I am still waiting on my application and my recruiter keeps saying "he doesn't know when boards will meet."

If anyone knows when it is, can you please let us know!

Thank you!

They are so vague about everything. Do they not understand that we have time sensitive decisions to make based on their decision?

OK people, I made a call to put an end to this and to get clarification on the boards.

Just so you know, CNRC usually schedules boards to meet every two weeks, but in some circumstances it may meet at the least once per month. The only problem is that there must be a least 5 to 7 packets ready for the board to meet. If there are not enough packets, they will push the meeting back a week or two. Minimally, they will meet once per month even if there aren't the required number of packets available.

So, blame the other people who are applying for the HPSP or HSCP programs for the delay, not the Navy. If you recruiters are being vague it is because there are probably not enough packets and they don't know exactly when the committe will meet.

Once the board meets, results are released one to two weeks later. That is when you will be notified.

They know that you may have to make a time sensative decision, but that doesn't mean they are going to change how the operate for you. If you need to make a decision before you get notification of acceptance of a scholarship, do what you feel is best for you. Not to sound callous, but there will always be another person willing to take a scholarship in your place should you decide to go to a cheaper school because you don't want to risk going to the more expensive school and possibly have to pay for it yourself should you not get accepted.

I think many people want to apply but they just don't have acceptance letters yet. They're prob under the impression that they need that acceptance to begin their app. My guess is that Navy will probably process a ton more apps next month and all the scholarships will be gone by March.

LogOff -

From what I read in another thread, there were already 35+ completed apps by early January and there's bound to be many more completed by now. In my opinion, it's very competitive for 62 slots.

Last edited:
LogOff -

From what I read in another thread, there were already 35+ completed apps by early January and there's bound to be many more completed by now. In my opinion, it's very competitive for 62 slots.

My recruiter said that only 5 people were complete with a letter last week. How accurate that it is I don't know. It's very frustrating having all this conflicting info.

I talked to my recruiter today. The first board had about 50 applicants. Of the fifty, about 25 were given the scholarship. He said the next board is the first week in February and decisions will be published around the 20th of February. This will be the second board. There are 62 total HPSP scholarships and 20 HSCP scholarships. Zero HPCP scholarships have been awarded so far.

Also, there were five applicants (including myself) who's applications were not sent to the first board, although they were completed, because the process manager failed to send them in by mistake.

Also, there were five applicants (including myself) who's applications were not sent to the first board, although they were completed, because the process manager failed to send them in by mistake.

Thanks for the update! I didn't make it to the first board either :(. Let's hope for the best at the next meeting!

I talked to my recruiter today. The first board had about 50 applicants. Of the fifty, about 25 were given the scholarship. He said the next board is the first week in February and decisions will be published around the 20th of February. This will be the second board. There are 62 total HPSP scholarships and 20 HSCP scholarships. Zero HPCP scholarships have been awarded so far.

It's stuff like this that bothers me because my recruiter said NOBODY has gotten it yet.

It's stuff like this that bothers me because my recruiter said NOBODY has gotten it yet.

"NOBODY has gotten it yet" because they are not awarding them yet. Only the HPSP's are being awarded right now. Why? I am not sure.

The board definitely met around Jan 14/15 because my recruiter informed me I wasn't selected for the HPSP but was offered the HSCP instead. I will definitely take the HSCP if I get into my state school though.

Good to know that the HSCP was now being awarded because it wasn't as of a week and a half ago when I last checked.

Does anyone know how many slots are left for the 4 year HPSP and when the next board meeting will be?

I got the HPSP and my recruiter sent me a scanned copy of my congratulatory letter...but due to the "limited number" of months I'm allowed to be in HPSP, apparently I'm not allowed to commission until August 1... Good thing I start school in July:mad:

Now my recruiter says, "February".

What the heck is going on? My packet has been complete since Dec 3rd, when acceptance letters were issued.

Now my recruiter says, "February".

What the heck is going on? My packet has been complete since Dec 3rd, when acceptance letters were issued.

Did he mean you'll find out in February or you'll make the February boards?

I guess both. I'm just confused as to why I was not in the January board.

I was confused as well, I had my application in on December 10. After a while of not hearing anything, I contacted by recruiter who said that the process manager failed to send my application to the first board. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to you.

What region are you applying from? I don't know what happened on their end...neither does the recruiter....

Does anyone have a specific date of the next board? My recruiter told me yesterday the end of January which makes no sense because yesterday was January 29. I am pretty sure my recruiter doesnt actually know. Can someone fill me in?

I am in Utah. My recruiter said the next board is the first week of february and that the results would be published around the 20th of february.

Chances are your recruiter does not know. Mine doesn't either...

Okay, update from my recruiter - he said I've been professionally recommended and that it's safe to celebrate even though its not technically official yet. He said the reason why people haven't been awarded the scholarship just yet is because it takes anywhere from one month to 3 months after the board meets for the DoD to process the scroll form - once that's complete, it's official and you'll be notified. Basically if you've been professionally recommended and you haven't heard anything yet, it's because of the stupid form, but you'll get the HPSP.

Okay, update from my recruiter - he said I've been professionally recommended and that it's safe to celebrate even though its not technically official yet. He said the reason why people haven't been awarded the scholarship just yet is because it takes anywhere from one month to 3 months after the board meets for the DoD to process the scroll form - once that's complete, it's official and you'll be notified. Basically if you've been professionally recommended and you haven't heard anything yet, it's because of the stupid form, but you'll get the HPSP.

Can anyone confirm this? I am really curious if any who was professional recommended but did not receive the scholarship? Is it a for sure "your getting the HPSP scholarship" when your professional recommended.

Just out of curiosity, was your application submitted to the first board?

Congrats on UoP and the scholarship! When did you find out that you were selected?

Can anyone confirm this? I am really curious if any who was professional recommended but did not receive the scholarship? Is it a for sure "your getting the HPSP scholarship" when your professional recommended.

I got the scholarship! I received my final select letter on Friday.

Just out of curiosity, was your application submitted to the first board?

Yes my packet was completed on 12/13 and it made the first board.

I got the scholarship! I received my final select letter on Friday.
Yes my packet was completed on 12/13 and it made the first board.

Could we know your stats, if you don't mind telling?

Does anyone know when the Febuary board date is for HPSP? My recruiter does not know and the officer programs processor either does not know or wont tell me.

Anyways updates on the survey that I posted in "Ask a Navy Dentist":
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8F2K8P2

16 ppl have responded. All say they have completed and submitted their kits. Most people only several ppl have claimed to have received the scholarship but I only added this question after six people had already responded so there may be more.

Many people seem to think there are approximately 21-40 scholarships left with another significant portion saying 41-60 still left. A small minority thinks there are only 1-20 left.

I wish somebody would just know for sure! Anyways post updates about when the Febuary board is if you know.

Does anyone know when the Febuary board date is for HPSP? My recruiter does not know and the officer programs processor either does not know or wont tell me.

Anyways updates on the survey that I posted in "Ask a Navy Dentist":
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8F2K8P2

16 ppl have responded. All say they have completed and submitted their kits. Most people only several ppl have claimed to have received the scholarship but I only added this question after six people had already responded so there may be more.

Many people seem to think there are approximately 21-40 scholarships left with another significant portion saying 41-60 still left. A small minority thinks there are only 1-20 left.

I wish somebody would just know for sure! Anyways post updates about when the Febuary board is if you know.

I'm pretty sure the selection board met / are meeting sometime this week. My recruiter said results should be received by Feb. 20th, as it takes approximately two weeks to hear back. This correlates to what another user ("pointynose") mentioned above.

Are we still expecting February Board results to be available on Wednesday, Feb. 20th?