National EMT exam score report

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cold Penguin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long after your national EMT exam do they release your score? How do you get your score? (i.e. by mail, online, etc.) I am currently based in Illinois, but I may take the exam in California depending on how long it takes to get the score.

Members don't see this ad.

According to the national registry site, 4-6 weeks after the test (i'm assuming by mail).

The EMT test must be the one thing LA county does in a timely manner :rolleyes: - they send you your scores and certification about a week after the test.

National Registry can take 4- 6 WEEKS, but sometimes is processed faster. It all depends on how many tests they are processing at that particular time.

You can check your test status on their web page at http://www.nremt.org/EMTServices/verify_cand_status.asp?link=1
I have heard that the results are sometimes posted there before you get them in the mail, but I don't know that for a fact.

Amy

Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine in the mail a few months after taking the test

should take 4-6 WEEKS not months.

I got mine about 3 or 4 weeks after the test. I checked the Registry web page, and got my stuff in the mail within just a few days.

(I'm still trying to find something to sew the garish EMT shoulder patch onto... maybe a nice throw pillow...)

Oops - yes it was a typo. I meant 4 to 6 WEEKS!!!! So much for proofing your post before actually submitting it!

I think organic chemistry is frying my brain!

Amy