Naplex hard!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PillCounter

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just came back from taking the naplex and it was hard!!! I'm kinda embarrassed b/c everyone acts like the exam is no big deal but I think ill be luck if I pass. There were so many random questions on dosage forms, brand names, and topics i never even saw in any of the materials i studied (even the APhA book). I thought i knew the Apha material from cover to cover but i didnt see anything covered from source. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Members don't see this ad.

would like to take a chance to thank SDN and members for the guidance and support provided. I am a foreign pharmacy graduate, passed NAPLEX with 121, although still need to complete the internship. Thanks for everything.
congratulations on a great score.can you give me your phone number so that i can call you.i am also a foreign graduate and planning to take naplex soon.

I'm taking the NAPLEX tomorrow 8 am and am mostly just working through math problems today from ApHA and Shargal and reviewing basic stats-anything more would freak me out too much.
I have 3 nice tables I've relied on a lot in preparation: drugs that require refrigeration, the major DIs, and peds dosing for antibiotics with counselling tips--can't post them cause they are proprietary, PM me.
I'll check in tomorrow after the test and add any novel topics I encountered, then it's one week til the PA MPJE....
can you give me those 3 tables? please tell me also how you prepared for naplex? thanx:)

I took the NAPLEX yesterday, and my test was really hard, I felt my head was going to explode, at least for the first part of the test!! But since I studied for 6 months, 7 hours a day. I felt that I had to guess on very small number of questions, and I was confident on the majority of my answers, some I even knew before reading my 5 choices, despite the fact that they kept hitting me with harder and harder questions.
I would imagine that, a less prepared student, would really cry if they got the questions I was getting. But I have to say I really enjoyed the test. The last 85 questions were either getting easier or I got used to them torturing me the way they did. I have no doubt I will pass with a very high score .. I would say >140

Now PSI test center wont let me take CPJE because my Social Security Card has middle intial and my driver's license does not !!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
hi
was very happy to read that you really did good in your exam.can you tell us what books and how you had prepared for naplex.thanx:laugh:

My score wasn't fabulous (106) on the Naplex but here's what I did:

I just read the APhA green book and did the questions at the end. VERY dull, and some of the info is above and beyond what you would ever know.So take it with a grain of salt and read through the book. I started with the chapter on Hypertension. I highly recommend starting there, the first section is kind of waste of time. I studied for about 2-3 weeks before my exam- some of my friends who passed studied for a full month or two (not 8 hours/day) and

There are people who suggested that I read through the entire book TWICE. yeah, if you have patience, do that. but I certainly did not.

Other than that, some of the ?s they will as you are so RANDOM that you'll just have to take a guess. my eyes were ROLLING at quite a few of the questions, they irritated me so much.

With that in mind, here are a few topics I wish i had reviewed better:
- Infectious Disease (but this was my weak point, knowing bugs and drugs.... knowing what bug would most likely be the cause of an ear infection in an infant? choose from 5.)
- HIV brand/generic- know the combos
- Chemotherapy side effects and reconstitution (random, there are a ton to know, which ones are injectable? what? i don't work in an inpatient setting.... what they are compatible with, d5w, nsaline, etc.)
- Meds kept in the fridge (inpatient)

I remember there were a few ?s on Diabetes, HTN, CHF, Asthma/COPD, definitely know the basics on those topics.
For calculations, I had a lot of mEq questions, no mOsm.
That dry erase board that they give you for the NAPLEX is crap-tastic. Why they can't let you use a pencil and paper, i have no clue. VERY annoying.

Just did my Naplex, it was so hard, I was so sure I was coming back to take it again, guessed like half of it, just got my results after 2 days, (I called the DC board of pharmacy, they were pretty good with it) and I had 115. Just wanted to encourage someone with this note cause the notes that you guys left behind about how hard it was and how well you did, made me feel good instead of crappy.

I took the Naplex yesterday. I don't know what to think about the test. It was very hard at first. I must have guessed on over half the questions. Some I had no clue on and some I narrowed it down to 2 answers then guessed. I noticed that the really hard questions were presented to me early in my test. And I noticed that towards the end, they were really easy...like MOA of Celexa and what's in Vytorin. After 8-9 easy questions, I started to panic towards the end of my test (last 30 questions) because I did not get the real hard questions like everyone else was getting. What does this mean? Has this happened to anyone else? And you passed?? I'm really scared that I didn't pass...

Since the Flint's fiasco, they made it harder and more clinical oriented. You will mostly have patent cases which was not the case last year!

Most pharmacists I've talked to said that they felt bad about the test and ended up with a perfectly fine score. I'm just looking forward to my turn to panic.

Since the Flint's fiasco, they made it harder and more clinical oriented. You will mostly have patent cases which was not the case last year!

Yeah your right. I would say about 80% of my test questions were on the patient profiles. I'd get 2-3 profiles with 4-5 questions each and then maybe 2-3 stand alone questions.

My concern is that I did not get the real tuff questions towards the end of my exam like everyone else. I hope I passed. Now on to law...

I passed both the Naplex and MPJE. Thanks to SDN for giving me the extra insight needed. I don't know my scores yet...I found out on my state's board of pharmacy website. Yay...I'm so happy...

hi everyone, i did naplex exam today, it feels really horrible, i had 20-25 calculation questions, i feel i did really well in it, in fact im sure of about 50 question and the rest i have no idea about it, i had a lot of patients profile mostly on DM, HTN, hypelipidemia, some about drugs regulations, but had a lot of patients profile, and mostly about dosing and side effects, i studied really hard, it will be a miracle if i passed , im really so depressed about it....

hi everyone, i did naplex exam today, it feels really horrible, i had 20-25 calculation questions, i feel i did really well in it, in fact im sure of about 50 question and the rest i have no idea about it, i had a lot of patients profile mostly on DM, HTN, hypelipidemia, some about drugs regulations, but had a lot of patients profile, and mostly about dosing and side effects, i studied really hard, it will be a miracle if i passed , im really so depressed about it....

hi everyone, i did naplex exam today, it feels really horrible, i had 20-25 calculation questions, i feel i did really well in it, in fact im sure of about 50 question and the rest i have no idea about it, i had a lot of patients profile mostly on DM, HTN, hypelipidemia,CNS dz such as parkinson, alzheimer .... some about drugs regulations, but had a lot of patients profile, and mostly about dosing and side effects, i studied really hard, it will be a miracle if i passed , im really so depressed about it....

hi everyone, i did naplex exam today, it feels really horrible, i had 20-25 calculation questions, i feel i did really well in it, in fact im sure of about 50 question and the rest i have no idea about it, i had a lot of patients profile mostly on DM, HTN, hypelipidemia,CNS dz such as parkinson, alzheimer .... some about drugs regulations, but had a lot of patients profile, and mostly about dosing and side effects, i studied really hard, it will be a miracle if i passed , im really so depressed about it....