n/a

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What is your pick?

• Penn State

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • SLU

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Temple

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • SUNY Buffalo

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hippo24

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There's no reputation difference between these schools. Each will increase your likelihood of matching at affiliate hospitals and hospitals in that location. You're not giving us much information, which I know is intentional, but it makes it kinda hard to make any recommendations. Would be helpful if you could state any type of preferences. With what you've given us tho, I'd say choose the school that is cheapest for you, in an ideal location, or both if applicable.

A couple small points too. St. Louis is more than relatively affordable, it's probably the lowest COL major metro area in the US. It's extremely affordable. You're not going to have to worry about safety at Temple. You'll be a med student, not a gang banger lol. Unless you plan to do something stupid like walk alone at 2 am (which you shouldn't do in *any* major city), you'll be fine. Stop trying to compare matchlists, you have no idea all of the many variables involved in it. Has much more to do with students and student preferences than the actual school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Temple's specific location is brought up more often as a concern compared to the other Philly schools. SUNY Buffalo seems like a good option.

Are you from Buffalo/trying to stay in that area? Just wondering since you listed a pro as
  • Lots of students stay at UB for residency
If you are hoping to stay in a Geographical area then I would go to that med school

Status
Not open for further replies.