Mysterious thing about UCSD status page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a_student

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i was checking ucsd status page a couple of days ago and I noticed that there was an extra row in my status page box, before this time my status page had these rows

Application Received:
Approved for Secondary Application:
Secondary Application Complete:
(including recommendations)
Invited for Interview:
Hold for Interview:
Final Decision Letter Sent:

a little while after my interview it had these rows

Application Received:
alternate list (or something along those lines)
Invited for Interview:
Hold for Interview:

at the time i saw it i thought it was a figment of my imagination that the status page use to be different, but two days after that i got the notice that i'm on the alternate list

so i look up the website again today and i see that the line that said something along the lines of alternate list is gone and it is again:

Application Received:
Invited for Interview:
Hold for Interview:

does this mean i might be off the waitlist:D

or am i growing crazy? :p

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, call them I was accepted and I don't think my page reflects the letter I recieved and stuff....

Eek I take that back. My status page says final decison letter mailed 12/10 and they did get a bit annoyed with the amount of times I called them. So, maybe calling is not necessary. They are behind because of the fires too....

Keep us posted DoctorKevin.

By the way, how long did it take them to send you an interview invitation since your app was complete?

Application Received: 07 / 15 / 2003
Approved for Secondary Application: 07 / 18 / 2003
Download Secondary App. Now! PDF | Word
(including recommendations) 08 / 15 / 2003
Invited for Interview: 09 / 05 / 2003
Hold for Interview:
Final Decision Letter Sent: 12 / 10 / 2003

I'm on the alternate list at UCSD and I've never seen that particular box. I got my letter in the mail in late November and even that hasn't been updated yet. So it's a crapshoot IMO.

don't use the word crapshoot in a reckless manner, ok? The term is used to describe the process of interview, acceptance, and rejection for med school, not something like status page updates!! Get it right! :laugh:

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
don't use the word crapshoot in a reckless manner, ok? The term is used to describe the process of interview, acceptance, and rejection for med school, not something like status page updates!! Get it right! :laugh:

It covers the full spectrum. Even their damn websites!