My NBDE Part I Study Log

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if your average is around 85 but have failed 1 section of the test, do you have to retake an entire test ?

if u have an average above 75 and have failed in one or more subjects u can retake just those subjects again. but if u have cleared all the subjects and are not satisfied with the scores and plan on retaking the exam to improve on ur scores then u are not allowed to take the exam in part, u need to take the whole exam.

Members don't see this ad.

How important is the skull on the boards? I have a plastic skull which I am thinking of selling (certainly can use the money)... but is it important to know the skull anatomy?

I'd go ahead and sell it. The questions on the skull are minimal, and I think Netter's will be good enough.

Congratulations, Andy, on your scores. Your OMFS partner in crime, Bob, did pretty well, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by StarGirl
How important is the skull on the boards? I have a plastic skull which I am thinking of selling (certainly can use the money)... but is it important to know the skull anatomy?

go ahead and sell the skull.......i have a skull that i havent touched since anatomy in 1st year.............. I am so tempted to just smash it from my apartment building. :D

I would be honored to accept the prize on behalf of EyeCandy, or Shilpi. Thank you. ;)

-Centrum

Wooooohoooooo! *breathing heavily and fighting back tears* I can't believe this is really happening.

First off I would like to thank all of you who have helped me on these boards and made this possible. Before I started coming to this forum, I didn't even know what national boards were. And now, look at me, making phenomenally accurate predictions about what an individual will score based solely on an internet persona. What a testament to the power of this forum, and the dedication to excellence that those of you on these boards possess. Critterbug, GavinC, Aphistis, ohhh, there's just too many to mention. Even you lurkers out there with 4 posts to your name have meant a lot to me.

I want to thank my wife, who has supported me through the many late nights I have spent reading and studying the holy writ that is SDN. I also need to send my appreciation to Staples office store, who provided me with this internet-ready Presario for the charitable cost of $200. And last, but not least, Yah-E, without whom, this moment would never have happened. It was Yah-E who had the inspiration to create this event. It was Yah-E who single-handledly ensured that people continued to make predictions. It was Yah-E who wouldn't let this thread die. And it was Yah-E who has given so unselfishly of his own sweat and tears to provide the awards this evening. Again, I am truly humbled; thank you all.

Great speech!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's not the Emmys or Grammys, it's the Nbdeys! :laugh:

Hi,
This is for all the students taking the upcoming boards..let's keep the suggestions coming...............
Students who have taken the boards last year..... ..do post your inputs on NDB part1 exams..
Materials used../study methods ../and any of your advices....
Lets keep up the motivation.
Toothzone
:p

Hi Yeah,

If no one claims those charities , would you mind if you send them to another 4 SDNers and let me one of them .

I hope that idea gets appreciation.

thanks.

Hi,
Has anyone brought the " New 2004 Dental decks"???..How different are they from the 2001 deck cards and are there any significant changes made to the cards "information" besides adding new cards ???
any info will be useful..
Thanks
Toothzone

HI Yah-E

I am really surprised u found DA so tough.....I also took the Part I on the same day as u did and Ihad solved the DA papers only once before taking the exam....and I got 94!......overall I messed up royally with only 84% but was damn proud of my DA score.

I am going to assemble notes on occlusion and post them on the SDN so everyone taking the exam now on will be able to use them.

Any chance of me getting those Patho Micro notes?

btw I am taking the Part I again this year.Am thinking of taking the CBT.....any ideas/suggestions?

GPG: Yes, believe it! Personally, I thought the DA was challenging for me. I only studied for the DA for about a day and I did the DA section last where I should've done it first when I had more energy to concentrate!

Check this out though, now that I've had more dental courses in the second year curriculum, especially Occlusion II, I've learn so much more this year than just one (first year) year alone. If I were to take the NBDE Part I again after my 2nd year of dental school, I'm willing to bet anyone that I could increase my DA section score. But hey, I'm done with Part 1, I will not even attempt it again, I have no reason to, I'm not crazy so I don't even care about my DA score anymore!

Great job and congrats on your DA score! Very respectible. Lets see, any suggestions......

Well, I can't comment on which version of testing (paper or computer) will increase your score(s), but if I were you, I would simply put more time into your studies or study more effectively!

Find a study partner and quiz on one another.

Use USMLE First Aid for Step 1 book if you didn't use it the first time for Biochem, Physiology, Pathology and Microbiology sections.

Read this thread for more insights:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79827

Good luck to your studies!

NOW, about the Micro/Patho word document that I HAD....I no longer have it. Please let me repeat, I NO LONGER HAVE IT! Please do not PM me (many of you have) and ask for a copy. All that word document was was a compilation of all the old questions from the ADA released exams purchased from ASDA website organized into topics. If you all wanted so bad, then you can very easily create it by yourselves by going over 11 exam booklets and 1,100 multiple choice questions!, then arrange them into topics.

Good luck to all of you taken the July 2004 session of the NBDE Part I!

generaldentist said:
i have the latest edition brand new kalpan book for part 1
asda exams original(a to j series..out of which b,c and d ie i have 7 out of 10 booklets)
first aid book for the step 1
crashing the boards..study guide for usmle step 1)like the firstaid....if interested email me at [email protected]
HI
I am interested in buying kaplan review book if u still have it plz let me know the price and shipping details.
thanks
bhumika
([email protected])

Hi ,

I'm Miha ! I would like yo ask you when did you pass NBDE Part I ?
Could you tell me , please , a few details about this ?
Thank you so much !
With kind regards ,

Miha . ([email protected])

Yah-E said:
I will use this thread to share my studying experiences and my board results/scores as I embark on my NBDE Part I journey.

GOAL:
Anatomical Sciences: 90
Biochemistry/Physiology : 90
Microbiology/Pathology: 90
Dental Anatomy: 90
Overall Average: 90

Materials that I'm using overall:

1) 2001 Dental Decks ($198)
2) Kaplan Review Book for NBDE Part I ($500)
3) Pathology (Board Review Series) book ($35)
4) Netter's Anatomy flashcards ($20)
5) All ASDA released exams ($200)
6) Kaplan center stuff (explanations, videos, etc)
7) USMLE Step I - First Aid book ($35)

Today I started my Part I studies for July 14, 2003:

I started Microbiology section, I finished two chapters in the Kaplan Review book from 9:30 AM - 1 PM and I'll be back in the library from 9 PM - midnight. I want to do another 2 chapters tonight.

stay tune for more updates....

This thread started back in 2003.
It is now 2006. BUMP

Hey guys... you wrote very informative and useful information.
I just have one more question, can you guys write... how to start... like which subject I have to read first and then which is next.... and how many days should I spend ..... to read it....? ....

like 1st anatomy - 5 days...
2nd physiology - 3 days....

please provide this information.... and also, how many days i should spend for Dentaldecks...... ? .... which one is more important DENTALDECK or .... kaplan? .... any other book require other than these two.

please, please , please... I am new and alone to study.... please advice me.... as per your experienced.

I really appreciate it ... and THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCED.

Do you think the old exams are pretty similar to the real exam? From what I've seen so far, the old exams seem quite easy. Also....are my scores on the old exams somewhat relfective of what I might be receiving on the real boards exam? Thanks in advance! :)[/QUOTE]

Hey guys... you wrote very informative and useful information.
I just have one more question, can you guys write... how to start... like which subject I have to read first and then which is next.... and how many days should I spend ..... to read it....? ....

like 1st anatomy - 5 days...
2nd physiology - 3 days....

please provide this information.... and also, how many days i should spend for Dentaldecks...... ? .... which one is more important DENTALDECK or .... kaplan? .... any other book require other than these two.

please, please , please... I am new and alone to study.... please advice me.... as per your experienced.

I really appreciate it ... and THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCED.

Do you think the old exams are pretty similar to the real exam? From what I've seen so far, the old exams seem quite easy. Also....are my scores on the old exams somewhat relfective of what I might be receiving on the real boards exam? Thanks in advance! :)
[/QUOTE]

You should search through the NBDE forums. This question has been answered way too many times. Closing years old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.