My NBDE Part I Study Log

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gavin: A have great time next Monday! Are you already down there?

Dr. Pheta: thanks for your predication and good luck on your acceptances.

95: Eight143, Dc-10
94: Tinker Bell, ItsGavinC, Endposse10
93: Dentisttobe, Bcat, DrSmile, DDStothecore, Mcataz
92: Itsme, Yah-E, HIM0098
91: DrRob, DrPheta
90: EyeCandy, Supernumerary
89: Imdaman
88: Magik

Members don't see this ad.

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question. But I've never seen the answer.

So can you take NDBE I multiple times? Obviously, you can if you don't pass. But is it one of those things that is openly frowned upon?

I had just always considered NDBE I to be make or break...you pass, but if you score 75...that's that...forget the specialties.

So you can score 75, then take it next year with a 98 and nobody looks down upon the 98? Specialties don't mind?

Hmmm. Just gives me more to ponder in the last weeks before classes start. Not that any person in their right mind wants to take it twice.

On paper, I'm a big proponent for the first year NDBE. I dont think my school is allowing it yet, especially since we dont get and free summers.

Yah-E, for the record, I feel a 94 coming your way. They ought to add a few percentile points just for your contributions to this board.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gavin: I lived at the intersection of the 101 loop and 63rd Avenue in Glendale (Northwest suburb) by where Midwestern University is located. Apparently since I lived in the "avenues", I wasn't cool enough according to the ladies of Scottsdale as those lived in the "streets" on the east side of the city. Have you climbed Camelback Mountain yet?

Ehop24: Yes, you may take the NBDE Part I as many times as you wish, but I can guarantee that no one in their right mind would do so as you said unless specialization is what that person is aiming for.

From talking to some upperclassmen, they did say that program directors only receives the latest set of scores (not your best set of scores nor your average of scores). Unlike the DAT, all your old scores will not be sent to the program directors.

As far as being frown upon, I don't think so at all. If one candidate wish to increase their scores to better their chances at a specialization, the directors actually encourages to do so. If you don't wish to specialize, then a 75 is what a lot of people aim for.

Thanks for your predication!

95: Eight143, DC-10
94: Tinker Bell, ItsGavinC, Endposse10, Ehop24
93: Dentisttobe, Bcat, DrSmile, DDStothecore, Mcataz

wow the amount of info here is mind boggling (not to mention, v helpful)!!

thanx a lot Yah-E for starting this thread! its really informative and finally i have answers to lingering questions that were until now never answered.

i am giving the part 1 in dec and am concentrating on decks and papers for now and kaplan review maybe a little. i cannot imagine sitting in a room for 8hrs and trying to crack so many subjects at one go!! :eek:

is everyone too tense to mail since all are waiting for their scores from the july '03 exam? i suppose they send out the scores in mid-sept?? all the best, everyone. if u guys do well, the rest of us wannabes will be inspired toward the sacred 90s!

high 90s here i come! (or so i hope and pray and wish and.......:D )

toothmail

Random guess: I predict a 93 :) When in doubt, always go with the majority :)

93: Dentisttobe, Bcat, DrSmile, DDStothecore, Mcataz, Critterbug

Roughly 3 more weeks to go until scores are reveiled! :rolleyes:

Hi, Ya-H
Would you be able to help me out or guide me to a good web site or a sample of an essay regarding my Statement of Intent /Purpose , Is there a web site that is there for this, that can perhaps help me out ..???
Any idea when the results are going to be announced?
Thanks
smilemaker

that was a cool thread. thanx yahe, for it was really helpful for the foreign students.
i wish you good luck and a score of at least!!!!....92:)

Smilemaker:

Unfortunately I do not know where you can get samples of LOIs? Since I do not have the experience of reading these LOIs for Advance Standing/International applications, I am reluctant to help anyone due to the lack of exposure and understanding of the application process.

Prediction Updates:

92: Itsme, Yah-E, HIM0098, Fafooden
91: DrRob, DrPheta, Jaap

Two more weeks my friends.....can't wait and I am getting nervous!!!!! :eek:

grammar correction guys....i am "taking" the exam in december!!

all the best to u people waiting for the results. stressful moments.....but am sure most of you have done really well seeing that the levels of motivation have been so high.

how about if all of you post your scores once they come along? would help the rest of us get an idea of where we stand and how much we need... to be at least on par with you people!!

thanks
toothmail

Hi Yah-E

I just read your post today and it is really informative. I really do hope that you get a good score. My guess is 92.b

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont want to guess scores and predict....i just hope yah-e and all of u get the best of what u thought u could achieve. all the best to u all.

all of u who have been through part 1, once u get ur scores, please do post some tips that worked for u all so it helps the rest of us who are still trying.....like materials, number of hours etc. i think yah-e has started a thread just for that purpose which needs to be filled after u get your scores.

thanks in advance

Yah-E......I am guessing a 90

Prediction Updates:

92: Itsme, Yah-E, HIM0098, Fafooden, Kav
90: EyeCandy, Supernumerary, Shilpi

Thanks guys for your kindness and confidence!

I just talked to my Associate Dean of Academic & Curriculum Affairs today and he personally talked to the appropriate ADA department personal that deals with the NBDE Part 1 scores. It is confirmed that the scores will not be issued/mailed until around September 15th.

Ain't that a bit@h!!!

I am going to guess 96, after reading your post.....
My boss studied just for 15days and got 98, can you imagine?? :eek:

Chuchuca:

A 96, the highest bid yet!! Your boss is a "fact-retaining" machine, I'm no where in his calibur. I appreciate your confidency in my ability to succeed, but I dare not to even consider that kind of score at this point in time. I'd be VERY HAPPY and SATISFIED with a 90 average!

Prediction Update:

96: Chuchuca

Any more bids for the 80s or perhaps even in the 70s?
:eek:

ok i will predict an 89 (just so yah-e has a range!!). but presonally, with the effort and motivation put into this, i think it might be 90. for all the info u have put in here, yah-e, u deserve a 90 at least!!

:clap:

"personally"

yah-e, please dont correct me yet!!!!!

Prediction Update:

89: Imdaman, Toothmail

Well been thinking about it for awhile now.

Put me down for a 90

Prediction Update:

90: EyeCandy, Supernumerary, Shilpi, Brocnizer2007

C'mon fellow colleagues, place your bids today, winner(s) gets a prize! C'mon down...all bids are welcomed! :laugh:

Anything lower than a 88 are acceptable and probable!! Place your bid now!!

Prediction Update:

86: Larryt

Based on what i know about Andy, i say (and hope) for at least 92..

Comet!

Prediction Update:

92: Itsme, Yah-E, HIM0098, Fafooden, Kav, Comet208

Thanks Comet for your encouragement!

No you're not! "Wachu you talkin' bout, Willus?" :laugh:

what the #$@!

When I posted that I wasn't there...I swear I checked it like 5 times.

Hmmm... Maybe that 2 hour commute is starting to affect me :laugh:

sounds like you are having a blast there Brocnizer!

You bet i am having a blast and saving tons of $$$. Long commute but I live for free :clap:

Yeah, actually, I checked it too, shortly after the post and I didn't see Brocnizer2007's name. That is so weird! I think all my psych meds are finally catching up on me. I hope I'll be okay when I start school in 3 weeks.

JD

Put me down for a 93, chief.

Rob

Robby, my friend...you're too kind! I'll be back in Minny next weekend, I'll give you a call!

Prediction Update:

93: Dentisttobe, Bcat, DrSmile, DDStothecore, Mcataz, Critterbug, Rob2005

Hey there,

Just stumbled across this thread just now.... I figured I'd put in my prediction as well :)

prediction - 91
reason - I just wanted to keep up this "normal curve - looking" type of list you have going on here :D

good luck!

~PJ

OT: I just finished my first week of dental school! yee ha!!....or should I say, yah e!!

Prediction Update:

91: DrRob, DrPheta, Jaap, RSXer

Excellent thread! Put me down for 92, thanks for the input Yah-E. Good Luck!

prediction ----92.....all the best

Projected Date to receive score report:

Wednesday, September 17, 2003 (scores will be mailed on or after Thursday, September 11, 2003)

Prediction Deadline (last day accepting any new or altered predictions):

Sunday, September 7, 2003

Prediction Update:

92: Itsme, Yah-E, HIM0098, Fafooden, Kav, Comet208, Ktran02, Prilu
91: DrRob, DrPheta, Jaap, RSXer

Thanks you guys! :D

Put me down for a 94!!

All the best!!

Yah-E,

Put me down for a 91.

Good luck!

Put me down for a 92!

Brand: you just had to fill in that gap, didn't you? :D Everyone, thanks for your enthusiasm! 12 more days! :clap:

Prediction Update:

94: Tinker Bell, ItsGavinC, Endposse10, Ehop24, Sam1234
93: Dentisttobe, Bcat, DrSmile, DDStothecore, Mcataz, Critterbug, Rob2005, DesiDentist
92: Itsme, Yah-E, HIM0098, Fafooden, Kav, Comet208, Ktran02, Prilu, NicolasPorter
91: DrRob, DrPheta, Jaap, RSXer, JPlay
87: Brand

Final Predications:

94: Tinker Bell, ItsGavinC, Endposse10, Ehop24, Sam1234
93: Dentisttobe, Bcat, DrSmile, DDStothecore, Mcataz, Critterbug, Rob2005, DesiDentist
92: Itsme, Yah-E, HIM0098, Fafooden, Kav, Comet208, Ktran02, Prilu, NicolasPorter
91: DrRob, DrPheta, Jaap, RSXer, JPlay
87: Brand

I want to thank everyone who guessed on what I will receive on my NBDE Part I board scores. Next week is finally time when I will receive my official July 14, 2003 NBDE Part I scores!

I truly hope that I can achieve what I have aimed for and that is a 90 average. I guess we'll all see soon enough.

Just to recap: the correct predication person(s) will receive a copy of my organized Pathology and Microbiology Q&A. These Q&As are EVERY questions asked out of the Patho & Micro sections of the ASDA released exams (1979 - 1998) typed onto a Microsoft Word document organized and categorized by topics.

Initially I was going to email to all the winner(s), but I now have decided to send the winner(s) a hard copy (paper form) to prevent the ease of distribution over the internet (people can simply just email it to everyone). Further, these hard copied documents will be on non-reproducible paper where you will not be able to print or reproduce copies for your friends (if you attempt to print it will just all come out black). Again to prevent distribution or attempts to make some quick cash.

I will contact the winners as soon as I receive my NBDE Part I scores next week and those people will have to email me their mailing address for me to ship the document to them.

I can't believe it's almost time.....all this wait is absolutely horrible and emotional draining! I see all these Pre-dental students posting their new DAT scores, I must say, I'm a little jealous in the fact that they get to see how they performed immediately after the exam and I had to wait!

Until next week.....more waiting that I must do!

+pissed+

i will go 84

Sorry guys, poll's closed, but thanks anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.