My Life Thread and Question, Help.

kcrmyz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Information about me, statistics, questions.

I'm currently looking at Pharmacy/Physician Assistant Career.

Freshmen 3.66 GPA CP Classes

Sophomore 3.40 GPA CP Classes

Junior 3.66 1st Semester 1 AP, 1 Honors 3.66 GPA
2nd Semester 1AP, 2 Honors 4.0 GPA

Screwed up on SAT's, forgot about leaving choices blank.

The Turning Point

I'm not here yet, I just received my schedule today for Senior year.

Senior: AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Statistics, Honors as remaining.

Questions

1.) I DONT have any extracurricular is it to late to contribute my Senior year?

:Any suggestions on EC's, which ones are more valuable than others.

2.) I'm trying to get into UGA or Georgia State for my College Pre-Requisites do I have a chance? I know, I have the grades for State but what about UGA.

3.) Will they be more considerate in my academic increase in grades Junior year on?

LAST!

I appreciate your efforts answering my questions as it will further progress my future,

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1) No it's not too late to start EC's. Although colleges would prefer that you have been doing EC's for the last few years, it never hurts to start.

2) It terms of your grades, yes, you are looking pretty good IMO. State schools/big universities will consider your SAT's/GPA over EC's and LOR's because they have so many applicants, so don't worry that you are only now starting to do EC's. If your SAT is low you should definitley re-take it and consider takin the ACT.

3) Yes, an upwards trend is good.

You're fine, the only thing I would think about is looking for a college you like that already has a pharmacy school. Mainly because when I college toured (SamfordUniversity) and talked to my Samford rep. he said that they reserve 55 of 110 seats in the Pharmacy program for only their UGs. Also if you start at a PharmacySchool then they let you transfer straight in without getting a UG degree (2+4 program). Try looking at other colleges besides the ones in Georgia too, I've heard a lot of people say their main regret in college searching was not looking at larger variety of schools. Even if you're a big home-body a change is always refreshing.

I know you're in a SAT state, at Georgia, but I would try the ACT if you're having trouble with the SAT. I'm sure they would take either or. Also go ahead and register for the June testings if you haven't! It's a good time to take them, for me especially because school is out and I don't have to worry about studying for anything but them.

I wouldn't say it's too late to start doing ECs but I definitely wouldn't go after 10 different clubs just to pad your resume. If you do something do it because you think it'll be worthwhile and you'll enjoy it. Also your sponsors for the clubs you join could make good references if you need them for your college aps.

It's awesome to have another Pharmacy hopeful on here! Welcome to hSDN!

EDIT: Hospital volunteering or volunteering at a Hospice or Clinic could be a good thing to do over the summer for community service hours; it's relevant to your aspirations, you might learn some interesting things, and it would also look good on your aps.

Last edited:
You're fine, the only thing I would think about is looking for a college you like that already has a pharmacy school. Mainly because when I college toured (SamfordUniversity) and talked to my Samford rep. he said that they reserve 55 of 110 seats in the Pharmacy program for only their UGs. Also if you start at a PharmacySchool then they let you transfer straight in without getting a UG degree (2+4 program). Try looking at other colleges besides the ones in Georgia too, I’ve heard a lot of people say their main regret in college searching was not looking at larger variety of schools. Even if you’re a big home-body a change is always refreshing.

I know you’re in a SAT state, at Georgia, but I would try the ACT if you're having trouble with the SAT. I’m sure they would take either or. Also go ahead and register for the June testings if you haven't! It's a good time to take them, for me especially because school is out and I don't have to worry about studying for anything but them.

I wouldn't say it's too late to start doing ECs but I definitely wouldn't go after 10 different clubs just to pad your resume. If you do something do it because you think it'll be worthwhile and you'll enjoy it. Also your sponsors for the clubs you join could make good references if you need them for your college aps.

It's awesome to have another Pharmacy hopeful on here! Welcome to hSDN!

EDIT: Hospital volunteering or volunteering at a Hospice or Clinic could be a good thing to do over the summer for community service hours; it's relevant to your aspirations, you might learn some interesting things, and it would also look good on your aps.

My aunt is a Nurse at a Alzheimer Facility for Level 1,2,3 stages.

I talked to her and I will be able to do 2-3 Days a week for that working in the Kitchen to prepare meals for those that are living in the assisted living facility.

I plan on taking the ACT soon not June, but before school starts I'm going to get a SAT preparation book as it has been highly recommended to me.

I appreciate all the information given guys, I aspire to do the same some day!