What career in medical field is least stressful and offer GREAT work _ life balance ?

Raora

Reaction score
I'm looking for a career in medical field in which I can schedule my own working time.a Career which takes less schooling and is least stressful among others.
This is because I also want to be an actress and a singer so I want sth that allows me to dedicate enough time to them .

[My father wants me to study a field in medicine, because he doesn't found singing and acting as a good career. He wants me to study medicine to get the prestige, the money and high position. So that's why I'm considering this kind of career]

Members don't see this ad.

The path to medicine is just too rigorous for someone who is uncommitted to even the most unlikeable aspects of this career. Despite wanting to be in a specific field of medicine, this does not guarantee you will become that specialty even if you get through medical school. I would only do this if you really want to do it. You will thank yourself, and the patients you treat will thank you as well if you decide becoming a doctor is a good idea.

I think you should pick something else that also satisfies your dad's demands. Maybe do computer science, that's a reliable field in terms of income. It doesn't have the same prestige, but it will be a lot more flexible for your needs. Medicine is not an option if you want enough flexibility to also pursue music and acting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm looking for a career in medical field in which I can schedule my own working time.a Career which takes less schooling and is least stressful among others.
This is because I also want to be an actress and a singer so I want sth that allows me to dedicate enough time to them .

[My father wants me to study a field in medicine, because he doesn't found singing and acting as a good career. He wants me to study medicine to get the prestige, the money and high position. So that's why I'm considering this kind of career]
If your dad wants a doctor in the family then he should study his butt off and get there him self. Do what makes you happy he's being manipulative.

Your dad isn’t going to take 24 hour call with you. Do something else.

Don't make my mistake, don't pursue medicine. I can already tell you will be miserable and doing something to appease a parent is a terrible basis for a massive career decision.

Your post hx says you're in 11th grade high school. Let's say you are smart enough to get into derm. That is 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, 4 years of derm residency before you're living large. A kindergartener becomes a high school graduate during that time. A captain in the army becomes a colonel by the time you finish. 18 year old you becomes 30 year old you. And then you want to become an actress/singer?

I'd advise you to not delay things and jump right into what you want to do. If that doesn't work out, then you do what you need to do. Life's too short.

If you truly find something you love to do and enjoy waking up to everyday, a lot of the crap that comes with a specialty becomes much more tolerable.

This can said about about any profession really.

Housekeeping. Low stress and no education required. And you can show off your hospital badge.

Reactions: 1 user
Housekeeping. Low stress and no education required. And you can show off your hospital badge.
I'm watching the Dr. Death series on peacock right now. Odd universe.

Reactions: 1 user