My Family Medicine Application Journal.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faebinder

Slow Wave Smurf
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here goes....

Alright, this weekend I sent out all 101 applications. I had submitted only 10 earlier this week. So far one reply of acknowledgement of application being received.

Lets start the journal with a prediction.... Hmm... I predict 55 rejections and 10 interviews. Hope I'm wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

Added 1 more program under a recommendation from someone (thank you btw).

Total # of applications = 102
Replies = 1
Rejections = 0
Interviews = 0

Funny, today I got a reply asking supplemental questions. I feel all fuzzy inside. Well at least it's not a rejection. Will have to brain storm my replies to them.

Total # of applications = 102
Replies = 2
Rejections = 0
Interviews = 0

Members don't see this ad :)
101 applications? That has to be a Family Medicine record.

101 applications? That has to be a Family Medicine record.

Not only that, according to my calculations it's going to cost $2090 to apply to 102 programs. Yikes!

Interested & following your journal !

101 applications...wow! Why so many?

Added another program under advise.

Total # of applications = 103
Replies = 2
Rejections = 0
Interviews = 0

hey good luck to you pal. i applied to ~35prgms and have only gotten 2 responses saying that my app was received.

anyone else get any invites yet, or is it still too early????

Members don't see this ad :)
hey good luck to you pal. i applied to ~35prgms and have only gotten 2 responses saying that my app was received.

anyone else get any invites yet, or is it still too early????

Hey HSCCVCRU.....

I submitted my ERAS application on September 1st and applied to about 35 programs as well.....so far....

out of 35 programs....

30 acknowledgement emails saying my application has been received
2 programs still have NOT downloaded my application
12 interview invites via email and now scheduled.....

Just hang in there.....it is still early in the season.............hope you get your interview invites soon!

Yay... my first rejection... (why did I even bother applying to them.. it's like self inflicted pain.)

Replies = 2
Rejections = 1
Interviews = 0

Yay... my first rejection... (why did I even bother applying to them.. it's like self inflicted pain.)

Replies = 2
Rejections = 1
Interviews = 0

Hang in there faebinder! It's still early in the application process and many programs will be sending out interview invites soon! Don't lose hope because you will get interviews soon! Stay positive!!!

Replies = 2
Rejections = 1
Interviews = 0

keep us posted...hang in there

this is your year!

Thanks IaB, Volt...

Your words mean a lot to me. :oops:

Wow my first interview invite.... so happy!!! I need nine more to make it. Wish me luck.

Replies = 2
Rejections = 1
Interviews = 1

Wow my first interview invite.... so happy!!! I need nine more to make it. Wish me luck.

Replies = 2
Rejections = 1
Interviews = 1

Congratulations Faebinder. That is great to hear of your interview invite!!!!! I hope that this is the beginning of many more invites for you!!!!!! What program are you invited to interview at?:luck::idea:

Replies = 2
Rejections = 1
Interviews = 1

Excellent! I'm sure more are gonna role your way.:thumbup:

just got my first invite... thanks for the words of encouragement guys.

best of luck to all!

just got my first invite... thanks for the words of encouragement guys.

best of luck to all!

Congratulations HSCCVRU! Where are you interviewing? Best of luck to you!:luck:

Congratulations HSCCVRU! Where are you interviewing? Best of luck to you!:luck:

thanks dude! the invite was from St John's in Detroit. how about yourself???

sorry for hijacking your journal faebinder. hope you guys all hear back from more prgms soon.

thanks dude! the invite was from St John's in Detroit. how about yourself???

sorry for hijacking your journal faebinder. hope you guys all hear back from more prgms soon.

Good luck at St. John's HSCCVCRU! I have 14 interviews so far, mostly in California and one in Hawaii!!!!!! Best of luck to you!!!!:luck:

And the rejections continue... and one surprising interview.

Replies = 2
Rejections = 2
Interviews = 2

And the rejections continue... and one surprising interview.

Replies = 2
Rejections = 2
Interviews = 2

Good job Faebinder....it seems like the interview invites are slowly rolling in for you.....best of luck to you!:luck:

Good luck at St. John's HSCCVCRU! I have 14 interviews so far, mostly in California and one in Hawaii!!!!!! Best of luck to you!!!!:luck:

Did you get an invite from U of H or Tripler? Im waiting for both of them :( with no reply - I've applied IM/FM (looking to do international medicine)

Did you get an invite from U of H or Tripler? Im waiting for both of them :( with no reply - I've applied IM/FM (looking to do international medicine)

Hi Poety2. I got an interview invite from U of H. They had invited me for an interview in October but I was all booked up and had to sign up for an early December date.

Ahh.. another crushing blow... mmm.. A rejection and a reply of "we-got-your-balls-in-our-hands-and-we-are-busy-now". At least it is not a double rejection.

Replies = 3
Rejections = 3
Interviews = 2

So I picked up an interview I didn't expect right? That's good.. at the same time one of the places that sent me a rejection sent me a new message putting me on hold. This is funny.

Replies = 3
Rejections = 2
On Hold = 1
Interviews = 3

Sounds like you're doing pretty well. :cool:

After all it's still early for interview invites.

I hope so.. Like I said. I wont feel comfortable with less than 10 interviews.

Fae, I'm sure its going to work out for you! Im just starting to hear from 2 programs a day now - hang on, its a coming! Then you won't know WHAT to do with all those invites :)

Fae, I'm sure its going to work out for you! Im just starting to hear from 2 programs a day now - hang on, its a coming! Then you won't know WHAT to do with all those invites :)

Well last year I had 5 interviews... so I am not that excited about getting 3 yet. Gosh this whole process is like a money sink. (Just got an acknowledgement from a program).

Replies = 4
Rejections = 2
On Hold = 1
Interviews = 3

One reply and rejection...

Replies = 5
Rejections = 3
On Hold = 1
Interviews = 3

Replies = 5
Rejections = 3
On Hold = 1
Interviews = 3

Don't be so hard on yourself Faebinder!!!!!! It is so early in the game...stay positive and don't count the rejections....count the interviews.......:luck:

Replies = 5
Rejections = 3
On Hold = 1
Interviews = 3

hang in there boss, we're all about to hear back from most programs in the VERY near future - and i'm sure you'll be getting some good news. :thumbup:

and stay positive. i know its easier said than done esp with all our anxiety, but look at it this way; you've already gotten 3 times to step up, focus on those opportunities.

and as always, best of luck to all :luck:

Replies = 5
Rejections = 3
On Hold = 1
Interviews = 3

Hi Fae! I've had rejections too - but I delete them :p THEN all I see are the INVITATIONS!!! I also delete those "we've got your app ones" - ie HOLD.

You're doing great, you're at 3 interviews EARLY - so just wait til they start cranking them out! I'm pulling for ya hon! :thumbup::):luck::luck::luck:

Dear Faebinder ..

Can you tell us about your experience for the last year, how many programs did you apply to, how many interviews you got, how did you do?
What was the reason for you not to be accepted ?

Sorry for interruption !!

Dear Faebinder ..

Can you tell us about your experience for the last year, how many programs did you apply to, how many interviews you got, how did you do?
What was the reason for you not to be accepted ?

Sorry for interruption !!

I probably will after all this is done.

Interviewed yesterday... had a good time too. Nice place.

Got a rejection while I was out...:D

Replies = 5
Rejections = 4
On Hold = 1
Interviews = 3

well... one more rejection...

Replies = 5
Rejections = 5
On Hold = 1
Interviews = 3

well... one more rejection...

Replies = 5
Rejections = 5
On Hold = 1
Interviews = 3

Don't worry so much about it Faebinder.........stay positive!;)

Don't worry so much about it Faebinder.........stay positive!;)

Well thanks Volt... (I just got another rejection).

Replies = 5
Rejections = 6
On Hold = 1
Interviews = 3

Well thanks Volt... (I just got another rejection).

Replies = 5
Rejections = 6
On Hold = 1
Interviews = 3

Just remember that it's their loss not yours when you get a rejection.....besides, as I have said before, it is still early in the process........I know that more interview invites are coming your way! Hang in there!:idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.