My Chances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fosho117

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently applying to physical therapy school for the 2010 cycle....
Im kind of nervous because I kinda bombed the GRE... I got a 370 on the verbal and a 570 on the quantitative =/ an I spent two years at a community college.. My GPA at the community college was a 3.06 but my GPA at my university is a 3.6 (3.7 after summer semester) so overall its like a 3.3... I have about 170 hours of volunteering at a nursing home, outpatient clinic, industrial, inpatient hosiptal, and an aquatherapy clinic
The schools that I am applying to are...
Wayne State (dont look at the GRE)
Oakland University
Grand Valley State
Azusa Pacific University
Long Island University - Brooklyn Campus
New York Institute of Technology (dont look at the GRE)
University of Michigan - Flint
University of Findlay (dont look at the GRE)

So do you think I got a chance??

Members don't see this ad.

Can't you retake the GRE and still have time to meet the deadlines? On the bright side, when a university says it does not look at your GRE, they truly do exclude it. But, your GPA looks good so I definitely think you have a chance.

I can understand your concern, but, it's somewhat difficult to predict how much emphasis programs put on the GRE. My feeling is that a good GRE score is certainly desirable, but not likely the overriding for PT grad school acceptance.

Your stats don't look so hot. I recommend you become a Phys-Ed teacher somewhere.

On a serious note, apply and see what happens. If you get no acceptances, bulk up that GPA your senior year, get some more EC's in, retake the GRE and apply next cycle. That is the worse-come-to-worse scenario.